• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Maybe this time I'll finally be able to collect enough flags in the Sinnoh Underground.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
You know, we might. I'm hoping they don't do mega evolution but if they did I would be fine with it if it had a turn limit on it.
Also, I seriously like how the are combining two art styles into both remake games.
One question, I got lag during the presentation, that new game Arceus: is that main game or spin off?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Maybe this time I'll finally be able to collect enough flags in the Sinnoh Underground.
Word. Didn't even get to do that due to it being limited to local wifi for it iirc. Hoping it's a global thing this time.

Heatleo

Older Pokemon Trainer
One question, I got lag during the presentation, that new game Arceus: is that main game or spin off?
I'm not sure, (I got lag too), but based on what people were saying on Youtube, they think it's gonna be a new trend of Pokemon Legends, open world games, and then other pokemon remakes or new generations

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Swsh were the right step in terms of character designs and scale.. It was beautiful. Why couldnt they use that for DP remakes? Oh I know why, cuz they didnt put any effort in this. Cuz they wanted to focus on that open World game.

We cant even have the joy and fun of speculating about these games, cuz it looks 100 % the same game. Whats the fun in that?
For one: They would have to remodel the entire Sinnoh region in SwSh models etc.
And for two: ILCA is developing the remakes where GF has no part in it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m hoping that the Pokédex is the Platinum Dex with a few new additions for the regional forms and new evolutions plus Sylveon. And getting both forms of the Shellos line would be nice as well. Plus the Underground could be brought to its fullest potential if we can meet other players there using WiFi.

Rapiido

The artstyle will...... take some getting used to. I'm just hoping they keep the challenge, and make HMs able to be deleted on the spot, or there's another workaround.

Faithful remakes though, that's perfectly fine. I don't know what people were expecting?? Other than added types, physical special split, and other core mechanics added, FRLG were faithful remakes other than the Sevii Islands which were mostly postgame, HGSS were almost 1 to 1 with some extra Suicune dialogue, the pokeathlon and a safari zone, ORAS once again was a faithful remake of RS, with nothing new until the postgame... All 3 of these remakes only had the original pokedex of their base game, this is the 4th remake and I'm still seeing posts online of people still expecting "DP remakes but with expanded Pokedex and Distortion World and Battle Frontier and all Gen 4 mythicals available in game or else it's trash"

It's like self sabotage. The game will come out later this year and people will swarm the internet complaining that it's a remake of Diamond and Pearl.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
No news for Dynamax though. I really wonder if they will include this feature or not.
Next thing: I hope they will use the Platinum Dex (and expand a bit). DP Pokédex was horrible.

Baggie_Saiyan

Man what a massive disappointment. A 1:1 remake is dumb. Gen 4 already has natures, abilities, special split. Graphics imo hold up.

Chibi models look dumb if it wasn't for the other game I'd be more pissed off.

Probably buy a used copy

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The artstyle will...... take some getting used to. I'm just hoping they keep the challenge, and make HMs able to be deleted on the spot, or there's another workaround.

Faithful remakes though, that's perfectly fine. I don't know what people were expecting?? Other than added types, physical special split, and other core mechanics added, FRLG were faithful remakes other than the Sevii Islands which were mostly postgame, HGSS were almost 1 to 1 with some extra Suicune dialogue, the pokeathlon and a safari zone, ORAS once again was a faithful remake of RS, with nothing new until the postgame... All 3 of these remakes only had the original pokedex of their base game, this is the 4th remake and I'm still seeing posts online of people still expecting "DP remakes but with expanded Pokedex and Distortion World and Battle Frontier and all Gen 4 mythicals available in game or else it's trash"

It's like self sabotage. The game will come out later this year and people will swarm the internet complaining that it's a remake of Diamond and Pearl.
Atleast FRLG change the design of the characters