• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I’m hoping that the Pokédex is the Platinum Dex with a few new additions for the regional forms and new evolutions plus Sylveon. And getting both forms of the Shellos line would be nice as well. Plus the Underground could be brought to its fullest potential if we can meet other players there using WiFi.
Hope so. D&P had scarcity of fire types (ponyta ugh).

MrJechgo

Now... how's that gonna affect transfers between SwSh and BDSP, or even with the Let's Go games? Connectivity is still gonna have to be important for Switch, so... Also, is Legends gonna be linkable to BDSP? I know it's a different developper, but still.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Now... how's that gonna affect transfers between SwSh and BDSP, or even with the Let's Go games? Connectivity is still gonna have to be important for Switch, so... Also, is Legends gonna be linkable to BDSP? I know it's a different developper, but still.
Most likely, SWSH mons will transfer to BDSP, but not the other way around, similar to XY and ORAS, barring Pokebank transfer.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Kinda worried about the lack of any new features in the first BDSP trailer. No new formes or mons, no minigames or even gym puzzles. Even the berry trees were vacant plots. Everything there was just the bare minimum. It might not even have the national dex.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did like LGPE and took out everything but the most simple battles and routes in the name of 'simplifying' the game.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Just noticed this: nothing about the contests was shown.

And the battle animation is still the same, what I actually expected but hoped that they would streamline a bit.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Imagine Fire Red and Leaf Green, which basically just added some islands to the story that allowed the 151+ to be in the game, was announced in the modern day.

Not all remakes need to be your current core gen clone with the same gimmicks and features.
How would DP being made on the same base as SWSH excuse all the problems SWSH had, just because it's the modern game.
You'd be naive if they fixed the major issues while also working on a game that's essentially a nostalgia cash grab.

Golden_Arcanine

Pretty much confirms that Gen 9 won't be until the end of 2022 at the earliest, which is what it is.

Was my running theory that their Wild Area was their test run for "open world" play. And I think this Arceus one is their big run with open world play. I'd be surprised if Gen 9 didn't have open world for most, if not all the game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been seeing some complaining that's a bit much. It's one thing to be disappointed and another to rain on others parades. Ease up on it a bit. Thanks.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Honestly, they never can do anything good with some people with the remakes / remasters. If it was DP remake with SwSh graphics, I can already see the comments: Oh my god, they just copied SwSh to be the DP Remakes! That tree still looks like an N64 tree!

Edit: not that you're allowed to complain. I can understand people don't like it. But stop hitting on that same nail on every topic and every couple of posts.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Anyone else disappointed Lucas/Dawn did not get redesigns? I know not-Lucas and not-Dawn got designs for Legends, but still, it seems odd to break with remake tradition now.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Anyone else disappointed Lucas/Dawn did not get redesigns? I know not-Lucas and not-Dawn got designs for Legends, but still, it seems odd to break with remake tradition now.
Well I mean, HGSS didn't really change their protagonists' designs either except replacing Kris with Lyra but everything was almost the same.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Faithful remakes was the term used. They're going to squeeze in the originality of the games as much as they can. And it's totally fine. Them looking as they did in the original is perfectly normal.
Remakes can happen in different processes.

TyranatarGojira

Well, I'll need to see more to really draw a conclusion. The chibi 3d kinda looks a little weird to me, but that's just me. The pokemon models looked less detailed than SWSH to me too, but again that might just be me.

Since they seem to be focusing on the faithful recreation of the original games, I'm guessing that any pokemon that weren't in the original Sinnoh Dex will be postgame only. And if Megas/Z-Moves/Dynamax are in there they will be post game only.

Wait and see what develops.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Well I mean, HGSS didn't really change their protagonists' designs either except replacing Kris with Lyra but everything was almost the same.

What do you mean? Ethan’s design was changed as well. It’s not as massive as the gen 3 protag, but the difference was still noticeable.

From the model we saw in the trailer, dawn and lucas looks EXACTLY the same.