• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Early footage could be unpolished to be changed on release though.
It seems incredibly unlikely that they'll change the overworld graphics much between now and the official release of the games, though. I imagine that they've programmed a large portion of the overworld map by now including designing all the tile sets, and even though these games aren't out until very late 2021, I can't imagine the programmers scrapping their work on the overworld and starting over. The battle graphics are fine at least since they're not too much different from LGPE's battle graphics.

Orphalesion

Yeah.... I was looking forward to D/P remakes, since I never played D/P/Pl but if they are looking like that... I think I'll might pass on Gen 4 yet again.

I was at least expecting Let's Go type of graphics.

I'll see what else we learn about those games...

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yeah.... I was looking forward to D/P remakes, since I never played D/P/Pl but if they are looking like that... I think I'll might pass on Gen 4 yet again.

I was at least expecting Let's Go type of graphics.

I'll see what else we learn about those games...
I do suggest getting platinum and playing it if you do pass up on these remakes. They are amazing games!

I’m hoping they change the Sinnoh dex at least a bit. I mean we need more fire types in it lol

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I do suggest getting platinum and playing it if you do pass up on these remakes. They are amazing games!

I’m hoping they change the Sinnoh dex at least a bit. I mean we need more fire types in it lol
Definitely. But be careful if you do, there are a lot of fake cartridges out there these days. Had to be very careful myself, when I went and shopped for a copy. It's definitely worth the effort though.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't really get why you'd go and get Platinum when that is about the same price as Switch games, if not more, when these games aren't going to be worse than that.

Blaziken10285

The Dojo Master
I was really not sure how Diamond/Pearl would be adapted to Switch as we got closer to the announcement, but this art style makes a lot of sense to me. I figured at most the games would look like Let's Go, as the SwSh routes outside of the wild area are still much curvier than anything back in gen 4. All of the remakes have been more or less 1:1 route-wise, so this reveal makes a lot of sense to me. The most interesting thing for me is that we didn't get box art. Makes me think that the Dialga and Palkia we get might look different than the ones we're accustomed to, even though the BDSP website shows off those current forms. I'm thinking that we'll be left with these teasers for a while, but it'll be interesting to see what a seemingly inevitable May/June update reveals.

Orphalesion

Yeah unfortunately for that I'd first have to get a DS and then probably pay quite a bit for a used Platinum cartridge, so unfortunately that probably isn't an option.
But maybe I'll get those games, maybe I'll just need to get used to the artstyle.

There was like no way that these games were going to have megas though. Why would Nintendo revive a dead game feature that had nothing to do with the original Sinnoh games? At most they would find some way to add Dynamax stuff.

Oh gee thanks for picking apart the most arbitrary part of my post. :rolleyes: My point stands that these remakes feel like a rush job to me.
It was simply a hope nothing more, they haven’t shown us the entire game yet unless you yourself can confirm everything that’s in the game? And you clearly didn’t play oras as there were megas there and the original games had nothing to do with megas, to simply shoot down someone’s hope is rude, I’m well aware there’s a good chance they won’t add it

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly the only modern thing being added is most likely going to be exp share option where every pokemon gets some experience, not expecting much else. Probably revamping the way the internet stuff worked too.

As of right now, not seeing much of a reason to buy this game for me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Red and Blue

Honestly if they plan on going the whole “faithful” route please be FAITHFUL and make the exp share an item again that needs to be held by a Pokémon.
Or they can just give us the option to turn it off like in XY, ORAS, and SM

Red and Blue

It being an item is way better. Turning it off or on for ALL Pokémon is somewhat limiting. The original way was fine.
There are benefits for the way it was handled in the games I mentioned since it saves time on grinding, which I always found a slog at times

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I hope now that the graphics are faithful to the originals that we get more features fans asked for. A hard mode would be a good example.

Autobot N

There are benefits for the way it was handled in the games I mentioned since it saves time on grinding, which I always found a slog at times
I agree. I generally keep it off, but turn it on to save time on grinding. I think it's perfect that way.

payne

Whats good Fam
I would love to see a Giritina / Cyrus episode relative to the ORAS Delta episode...
depends on how faithful to the originals they want to be

MrJechgo

I wonder if they'll remake Gen 5 and Gen 6 in the same fashion...

Ok, first off, I think it's clever that they upscaled the graphics like for Link's Awakening. Second, given that they don't look... that "expensive" to make, they could go ahead and remake Gen 5 and Gen n6 in the same style, while reserving Gen 7 to remade like SwSh.