• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Autobot N

There isn't a dedicated leak thread yet, so I thought I would post this here: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/42846319/#42846319. It's from February of last year, a few weeks after the SWSH DLC was revealed.

"I will be on here for 5 Minutes answering questions on my post.

Sword and Shield - Oh Boy

The next few games will be

2020 SWSH - DLC 1-2 +200mons
2021 DPP Remakes - Simple Remake, this will not replace SWSH - Sinnoh Dex + 100 more
2021 SWSH DLC 3 - releasing the rest of the missing pokemon + 3 new mythicals
2022 - Project Kingin"

Most likely fake, but it is interesting that they said "simple remake" which this appears to be (as opposed to a SWSH reskin like ORAS was to XY) and a 2022 project which could have been Legends: Arceus.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There isn't a dedicated leak thread yet, so I thought I would post this here: https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/42846319/#42846319. It's from February of last year, a few weeks after the SWSH DLC was revealed.

2021 DPP Remakes - Simple Remake, this will not replace SWSH - Sinnoh Dex + 100 more
2022 - Project Kingin"

Most likely fake, but it is interesting that they said "simple remake" which this appears to be (as opposed to a SWSH reskin like ORAS was to XY) and a 2022 project which could have been Legends: Arceus.
I hope its true, cuz we get another DLC in 2021....
BUT, Sinnoh ad only 100 more Pokemon ? It means not all post gen 4 Pokemon r available in these games?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

2022 - Project Kingin"

No. We will not have a dedicated leak thread.

Anybody can post and label something as a "rumor" or a "leak", regardless of credibility of the source. It's mostly fake and just spam. This is a speculation thread anyway. And these things are all speculation.

Many people have speculated that DP remakes are coming 2021 anyway.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I would expect Cynthia to be about the same difficulty as she was back in 2006. However, you also have to contend with the fact that the people who fought her in 2006 are also most likely smarter and better players now than they were then. So even if Cynthia is 1:1 from Gen 4 games, she'll probably won't seem as hard as she was for people who were playing the game in 2006.
Plus we have the inclusion of Fairy types, which can easily defeat her Spiritomb & Garchomp with no problems, not to mention that if the EXP Share is baked into the battle system it'll be so much easier to level up your pokemon to overpower her

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
No. We will not have a dedicated leak thread.

Anybody can post and label something as a "rumor" or a "leak", regardless of credibility of the source. It's mostly fake and just spam. This is a speculation thread anyway. And these things are all speculation.

Many people have speculated that DP remakes are coming 2021 anyway.
Yep. Best to just keep any of said rumors and leaks under spoiler tags so that people who don't want to view them, don't have to.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Plus we have the inclusion of Fairy types, which can easily defeat her Spiritomb & Garchomp with no problems, not to mention that if the EXP Share is baked into the battle system it'll be so much easier to level up your pokemon to overpower her
She'll be a lot easier if Fairy types are in the game.
Uh, Garchomp can learn Poison and Steel type moves, and she has a Lucario.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
To be brutally honest, Cynthia wasn't exactly that hard. I actually had more trouble with BW2's Iris and SwSh's Mustard than Cynthia ever will.

I crushed Iris in one go, and by the time I reached Mustard's final team, I was at Lv. 100.

Cynthia's been the only really difficult Champion for me.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I crushed Iris in one go, and by the time I reached Mustard's final team, I was at Lv. 100.

Cynthia's been the only really difficult Champion for me.
I actually lost to Iris & Leon on the first try when battling them, so at least for me they're both almost as strong as Cynthia

Autobot N

I tend to struggle with most every champion, but that's because I keep myself 5-10 levels under them to make the battle harder. In my experience, Cynthia and Ghetsis (if he even counts) have been the hardest ones

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Leon I actually struggled with in the Battle Tower. It's the only time his Charizard ever gave me problems.
I lost to him in a champion match. His Haxorus & Inteleon were pretty tough for my team too (though his Charizard's also the reason why my Cinderace still holds an Assault Vest to this day)

Last edited:

XaelOstigian

Competitive...kinda
I wonder how transfer from other games will look? And for that matter, will we have another Dexit situation here? The models look less complex so I think it would be more feasible to include the nearly 900 Pokemon out there this time around, but these days I'm not sure. For all we know we may only be allowed to transfer over Pokemon that were in the original DPP Pokedex, or even bar any Pokemon gen 5 and over.

Though honestly, I just hope they finally bring back the Battle Frontier, and more specifically the Battle Factory. It's actually thanks to the Battle Factory in Emerald as well as Platinum/HG&SS that I was able to properly learn about aspects of competitive battling without having to put the time and energy into building a perfect team with perfect IVs, EVs, natures, etc. The rental Pokemon back then perfectly summed up how to best use certain Pokemon, taught specific strategies like Sub-Seeding, stalling, boosting and the like, and relied heavily on player tactical choice rather than breeding/raising quality of your existing team. The Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 however sucked Voltorbs by comparison thanks to poorly optimized team loadouts and roster options. I actually got so peeved I went out of my way to learn about the ins and outs of IVs, EVs, etc and literally bred a competitive set for nearly every Pokemon in existence just to replicate the experience. I am not even joking about that last part. No hacking, just hundreds of hours worth of old-fashioned biking with eggs, committing genocide against Magikarp for speed EVs, and the whole shabang. Point is, the Battle Factory is what helped teach me how to be a competitive player, and while I now have over two-dozen boxes of competitively raised Pokemon to render the Factory useless to me, I kinda want the new younger players to have the same experience I did and slowly learn the strategic game of chess known as Pokemon (Maybe not the hundreds of hours of grinding part, but you get my point).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Uh, Garchomp can learn Poison and Steel type moves, and she has a Lucario.
You're not going to put in a Fairy type against Lucario though. Garchomp having Poison Jab/Iron Head would be the only real threat here, unless they add a Poison type to Spiritomb's moveset as well. The rest you probably wouldn't use a Fairy type against.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I wonder how transfer from other games will look? And for that matter, will we have another Dexit situation here? The models look less complex so I think it would be more feasible to include the nearly 900 Pokemon out there this time around, but these days I'm not sure. For all we know we may only be allowed to transfer over Pokemon that were in the original DPP Pokedex, or even bar any Pokemon gen 5 and over.

Though honestly, I just hope they finally bring back the Battle Frontier, and more specifically the Battle Factory. It's actually thanks to the Battle Factory in Emerald as well as Platinum/HG&SS that I was able to properly learn about aspects of competitive battling without having to put the time and energy into building a perfect team with perfect IVs, EVs, natures, etc. The rental Pokemon back then perfectly summed up how to best use certain Pokemon, taught specific strategies like Sub-Seeding, stalling, boosting and the like, and relied heavily on player tactical choice rather than breeding/raising quality of your existing team. The Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 however sucked Voltorbs by comparison thanks to poorly optimized team loadouts and roster options. I actually got so peeved I went out of my way to learn about the ins and outs of IVs, EVs, etc and literally bred a competitive set for nearly every Pokemon in existence just to replicate the experience. I am not even joking about that last part. No hacking, just hundreds of hours worth of old-fashioned biking with eggs, committing genocide against Magikarp for speed EVs, and the whole shabang. Point is, the Battle Factory is what helped teach me how to be a competitive player, and while I now have over two-dozen boxes of competitively raised Pokemon to render the Factory useless to me, I kinda want the new younger players to have the same experience I did and slowly learn the strategic game of chess known as Pokemon (Maybe not the hundreds of hours of grinding part, but you get my point).

I'm expecting another Dexit situation, but limited only to Gen 1-4 Pokemon. Of course they will jump at the opportunity to force more Pokemon HOME subscriptions from players, as it is meant to be the hub for all Pokemon in future games.

Not getting hope up for the Battle Frontier either, after the dumb excuse Masuda made for excluding it in OR/AS. The original D/P had just a Battle Tower, so I'm betting that to be the case for BD/SP as well.

janejane6178

I'm expecting another Dexit situation, but limited only to Gen 1-4 Pokemon. Of course they will jump at the opportunity to force more Pokemon HOME subscriptions from players, as it is meant to be the hub for all Pokemon in future games.

Not getting hope up for the Battle Frontier either, after the dumb excuse Masuda made for excluding it in OR/AS. The original D/P had just a Battle Tower, so I'm betting that to be the case for BD/SP as well.
Yes, It could be cool to use post gen 4 Pokemon in sinnoh, but I doubt it will happen =[

janejane6178

If it happens, it's gonna be just Sylveon and maybe (by transfer) Galarian evolutions of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon (which I guess would be just Mr. Rime)
If its true then it sucks cuz in previous remakes all the pokemon were available up to the current gen..

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Somewhat related to Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. For April Fools Day this year, they've briefly replaced Pikachu on the 25th anniversary logo with Bidoof.

It's pretty funny. Got a kick out of it. XD

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

2022 - Project Kingin"

Just saying: Kin/gin = Gold/Silver, which probably wouldn't refer to L:A.

It's pretty funny. Got a kick out of it. XD

Song was catchy as heck. :p

Last edited: