• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

jachimk

While November has been the month for releases, I can potentially see October being the month BDSP releases, to give it more time between the release of BDSP and LA. Especially if LA will be released in Early 2022 (Possibly February or March). What are your thoughts?

Pokemon Power

While November has been the month for releases, I can potentially see October being the month BDSP releases, to give it more time between the release of BDSP and LA. Especially if LA will be released in Early 2022 (Possibly February or March). What are your thoughts?
You know Early 2022 can also mean the first half of the year in general.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I can see a late October/early November release.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm assuming it'll November as well. Most likely by the middle-end of the month time.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My guess is November for BD/SP and March for Legends: Arceus, but it would be nice to get either a little earlier than that. I'm still undecided on whether to get BD/SP at all or skip them and go straight to Legends: Arceus.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You know Early 2022 can also mean the first half of the year in general.

The fiscal year moves in quarters. For marketing and release, it starts in January:

Q1: January-March
Q2: April-June
Q3: July-September
Q4: October-December

Preliminary windows, of course, could flex the above quarters, and even intertwine. 'Early Year' windows may sometimes include April, but they virtually never include May or June. May releases are typically referred to early on as a 'Spring' release, while June is typically referred to as a 'Summer' or 'Mid-Year' release.

Early Year: January-April
Spring: March-May
Mid-Year: June-August
Summer: June-August
Fall: September-November
Late Year: October-December
Winter: November-December

Of course, these window names apply to countries in the Northern hemisphere, and are mostly used in the western world, primarily the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.

BCVM22

OR/AS - November
Sun/Moon - November
Ultra Sun/Moon - November
LGP/E - November
Sword/Shield - November

And that's going back seven years. Now, yes, maybe Legends coming hot on its heels changes the math a little, but if you had to pick one month to bet on, it's probably not October or December.

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Think we will be able to transfer Pokemon from, or to Pokebank, or Home? Will we be limited on what Pokemon we can transfer, because of move sets? Obviously, newer generation Pokemon, probably wont be able to transfer BDSP.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Think we will be able to transfer Pokemon from, or to Pokebank, or Home? Will we be limited on what Pokemon we can transfer, because of move sets? Obviously, newer generation Pokemon, probably wont be able to transfer BDSP.

I'm fairly certain we'll be able to transfer from BDSP to Home and vice versa.

Back in 2019 Masuda mentioned that Pokémon Home is meant to be the hub for all future Pokémon games. While I know we won't be able to transfer any 'mons from Let's GO to BDSP, I'm confident in saying transferring between SWSH and BDSP will be possible.

Pokemon Power

I'm fairly certain we'll be able to transfer from BDSP to Home and vice versa.

Back in 2019 Masuda mentioned that Pokémon Home is meant to be the hub for all future Pokémon games. While I know we won't be able to transfer any 'mons from Let's GO to BDSP, I'm confident in saying transferring between SWSH and BDSP will be possible.
Well, not all of them. A Pikachu caught in Let's Go can still be brought over to BDSP because we have confirmation that Pikachu is obtainable in it.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Well, not all of them. A Pikachu caught in Let's Go can still be brought over to BDSP because we have confirmation that Pikachu is obtainable in it.

That is true. I expect any Alolan or Galarian forms of Sinnoh Dex Pokemon to be able to be transferred as well. The ones I'm aware that are in the Sinnoh Dex are Raichu, the Geodude line, the Ponyta line and Mr. Mime. The only one of those with a Galarian evolution is Mr. Rime, which I expect will be added, along with Sylveon for the Eevee line. Persian and Cofagrigus are in the Galar Dex, due to being obtainable through in-game trade, so I expect the same to apply for Mr. Rime.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Mega Evolution is in. I think it goes without question that most of the Mega Evolutions that are present in the Platinum Dex will be obtainable, but I've got two questions:
1. Where would the several Mega Stones be obtained (or will some be gate-keeped until PostGame (such as Mega Garchomp for example).
2. Would you like to see new Mega Evolutions (if answered, please add an answer to question 1 as well.

Here's a list of pokémon capable of Mega Evolution from the Platinum pokédex, per generation (they're quite evenly distributed 4-6 per generation).

Gen1: Alakazam, Gengar, Gyarados. Speculation being that the Kanto Starters will also be included.
Gen2: Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Steelix.
Gen3: Medicham, Gardevoir, Altaria, Glalie, Absol.
Gen4: Lopunny, Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow, Gallade.

My takes on question 1:
Gen1:
- Alakazam: Mira after subquest.
- Gengar: Fantina during PostGame.
- Gyarados: Wake during PostGame.
- KantoStarters: Depends on whether or not they're in or not, but I'd expect a Sycamore/Oak cameo ala XY.
Gen2:
- Scizor: Aaron during PostGame.
- Heracross: FloaromaMeadow NPC during PostGame, possibly Barry.
- Houndoom: Flint during PostGame.
- Steelix: Byron during PostGame.
Gen3:
- Medicham: Maylene during PostGame.
- Gardevoir: Lucian during PostGame.
- Altaria: Cynthia's Grandma at Celestic Town during PostGame. Dragon/Fairy is too broken for maingame storypurposes.
- Glalie: Candice during PostGame.
- Absol: There's no NPC's on the top of MountCoronet.. So I don't have a clue, but I guess something could be done about it.
Gen4:
- Lopunny: Cheryl after subquest.
- Lucario: Riley after subquest.
- Abomasnow: Buck after subquest. Buck would get introduced earlier in the game and wants to explore Snowpoint Temple.
- Gallade: Marley after subquest. Marley would get introduced earlier in the game and wants to
- Garchomp: Cynthia during PostGame.

Basically I'd like the Sinnoh Mega's to be available early in the game and the rest be PostGame. I wanted to give the 'stat'-trainers a bit more to do, so I lumped the Mega Stones onto them. Lopunny+Cheryl is because of Eterna Forest, Riley should be obvious, Buck is the 'Def'-trainer, so bulky Abomasnow works and Marley is the Speed-trainer, so Gallade for her. Mira is the Special Attack-trainer and Alakazam is her ace. It's not a Gen4 pokémon but it would feel weird to give all other Stat-trainers a quest and not Mira. Could also give the Gardevoirite or the Gengarite, but I think I already gave those to suitable characters to distribute already. That's to say if they get distributed by characters all together, they might as well end up in a BattleTower shop for BP for purchase.

Still, I'd really want to use a Mega Lopunny during a playthrough. I don't mind if I only get to use it for two/three gyms, but having that option to make an otherwise pitiful pokémon viable against E4-members would be awesome.

Last edited:

Autobot N

If they bring back Megas, I feel like you'll get it at Iron Island (specifically from Riley, since he has a Lucario and can give you the Mega Ring, Riolu, and a Lucarionite). As for the Mega Stones, either you'll find them randomly around the region like ORAS, or they'll be locked to a specific shop like SM or LGPE (not counting the starter and Mewtwo ones)