• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But I wonder if we will have megas here, since Dawn and lucas dont wear mega barclet. May and Brendon do in their official art..

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I want to know if they shut down the Great Marsh/Safari Zone like in Let's Go.

or if they keep it in like OR/AS did.

Already assume 100% the Game Corner is gone.

Kangaflora

If we are going by the HeartGold, SoulSilver, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire games that were released, then one thing that could definitely be confirmed is that there will be no Game Corner (which is good, as I hated the Game Corner). regarding the Great Marsh, I hope they go down the ORAS Route.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If we are going by the HeartGold, SoulSilver, OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire games that were released, then one thing that could definitely be confirmed is that there will be no Game Corner (which is good, as I hated the Game Corner). regarding the Great Marsh, I hope they go down the ORAS Route.
What is the ORAS route?

Kangaflora

What is the ORAS route?
ORAS Route being that the Great Marsh area can be accessed free of charge and you challenge Pokémon to Wild battles like you can in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only thing I really disliked about the Game Corner were having Pokemon locked behind it. It was the only method to obtain Porygon in Gen 1-3.

In DP, you can finally obtain Porygon at the Trophy Garden. In Platinum, it is given to you by someone in Veilstone. In HGSS, it is still a prize from the Celadon Game Corner, but at least Voltorb Flip was a lot easier to play because it does not rely on luck.

I really don't care much about whether or not they close the Game Corner down or replace it with something else entirely. I'm just glad it's no longer necessary to complete the Dex (without relying on transferring).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Oh yeah, Game Corner is 100% gone.

But I do hope that they replace it with something interesting.
It was completely shut down in ORAS, but it stayed in LGPE because it was essential to the plot, but they made it completely non-functional.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
- Abomasnow: Buck after subquest. Buck would get introduced earlier in the game and wants to explore Snowpoint Temple.
I think Candie would most likely get Mega Abomasnow since it was her ace in Diamond & Pearl while Buck would get Mega Glalie

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think Candie would most likely get Mega Abomasnow since it was her ace in Diamond & Pearl while Buck would get Mega Glalie

Yeah, I know, but I kinda wanted the Stat-trainers to hand out the Sinnoh Mega Evolution stones. Having Buck hand out a Glalitite seems kinda counterintuitive to promoting Sinnoh Pokémon over older pokémon. Why bring Buck into the game at an earlier point just to let him hand out something that I don't feel needs to be promoted in these games (older gen Mega's) over the Mega's from that generation.

Ultra Beast Lover

Honestly, thinking on it, DPP and BW/B2W2 were two of the most complete games so it makes sense that, for the most part, things would basically be the same. I just hope they use Platinum's story as that game did more with Cyrus who previously only appeared a couple of times and that they include at least the Arceus and Darkrai events

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
To be frank, aside from the obvious like the hope they make the 3 mythicals available ingame especially with Arceus with maybe an Arceus plotline postgame, I'm actually hoping they make an original plotline with Giratina this time around as the latter was.... just there in the originals. While it was the main legendary of focus in Platinum.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
When is new info of BDSP going to be possibly released?

"New Pokemon Snap" already released, so there is no media coverage from that now.
And considering the release time of "Late 2021", means BDSP would probably be released around Oct-Nov 2021 (doubt its going to be a Dec 2021 release), meaning we have around 5-6 months possibly remaining.

Do we expect new info in May, or should we not expect it before June?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
When is new info of BDSP going to be possibly released?

"New Pokemon Snap" already released, so there is no media coverage from that now.
And considering the release time of "Late 2021", means BDSP would probably be released around Oct-Nov 2021 (doubt its going to be a Dec 2021 release), meaning we have around 5-6 months possibly remaining.

Do we expect new info in May, or should we not expect it before June?
Pokemon games usually have new announcements in May. ORAS and LGPE were revealed there and we got the first real information about SM and Sword and Shield there. I think that BDSP and LA would have been revealed in May if this year wasn't the 25th anniversary of the series.