• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Pokemon Power

This is the list of unobtainable Pokemon:

But those who are lazy to check out the link, I've listed them below. These Pokemon are not found in the Sinnoh Dex (including Gen 5 & above):
Weedle line (GBA Cart Insert)
Pidgey line (Swarm)
Rattata line (Battle Zone)
Spearow line (Battle Zone)
Ekans line (GBA Cart Insert)
Paras line (Great Marsh Post-game)
Venonat line (Pokeradar)
Mankey line (Pokeradar)
Bellsprout line (Battle Zone)
Doduo line (Swarm)
Seel line (Battle Zone)
Grimer line (Swarm)
Drowzee line (Swarm)
Voltorb line (Swarm)

Chikorita line
Cyndaquil line
Totodile line
Sentret line (Pokeradar)
Ledyba line (Battle Zone)
Spinarak line (Battle Zone)
Mareep line (Pokeradar)
Hoppip line (Pokeradar)
Sunkern line (Pokeradar)
Pineco line (GBA Cart Insert)
Snubbull line (Swarm)
Teddiursa line (GBA Cart Insert)
Phanpy line (Swarm)
Stantler (Pokeradar)
Smeargle (Pokeradar)

Poochyena line (Pokeradar)
Taillow line (Pokeradar)
Surskit line (Swarm)
Shroomish line (Great Marsh Post-game)
Slakoth line (Swarm)
Makuhita line (Swarm)
Skitty line (Swarm)
Plusle (Mansion)
Minun (Mansion)
Volbeat (Battle Zone)
Illumise (Battle Zone)
Gulpin line (Great Marsh Post-game)
Numel line (Battle Zone)
Spoink line (Swarm)
Spinda line (Swarm)
Cacnea line (Battle Zone)
Zangoose (GBA Cart Insert)
Seviper (GBA Cart Insert)
Castform (Mansion)
Kecleon (Pokeradar)
Shuppet line (Battle Zone)
Camperl line (Super Rod, which is obtained post-game)
Luvdisc (Super Rod, which is obtained post-game)
Deoxys

Snivy line
Tepig line
Oshawott line
Patrat line
Pansage line
Pansear line
Panpour line
Blitzle loine
Sewaddle line
Ducklett line
Deerling line
Alomomola
Tynamo line
Meloetta

Chespin line
Fennekin line
Froakie line
Scatterbug line
Ltleo line
Flabebe line
Gogoat line
Furfrou
Hoopa

Pikipek line
Yungoos line
Crabrawler line
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish

Currently unobtainable Pokemon but are part of the Sinnoh Dex:
Geodude line
Aipom line
Yanma line
Murkrow line
Misdreavus line
Unown
Girafarig
Gligar line
Houndour line (Platinum Dex)
Wurmple line
Nosepass line (Platinum Dex)
Meditite line
Tropius (Platinum Dex)
Turtwig line
Chimchar line
Piplup line
Starly line
Bidoofline
Kricketot line
Cranidos line
Shieldon line
Burmy line
Pachirisu
Buizel line
Glameow line
Chingling line
Chatot
Carnivine
Finneon line
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus

Interestingly, all the unobtainable Gen 1-3 Pokemon (excpet Gen 2 starters and Deoxys) can be obtained in DP post-game. However we don't know if the same thing will happen to these Pokemon in BDSP.
Some of the unobtainable Pokemon that are in the Sinnoh Dex have been confirmed to appear. Those specific Pokemon I'm getting ready to transfer from my Pokemon Moon file through Bank and Home.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

WalesNote

Interesting question. Hidden power will need to return.
But imagine if they didn't add Unown in. The whole of the Soleceon (or however you sepll it) cave thingie will be empty. Dat would be sad.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My idea is that Unown gets a new moveset that is locked to Cosmic Power, Stored Power, and Nature Power. That way it isn’t overpowered but still somewhat usable. And Nature Power is there mostly so Unown can hit every type of Pokémon at least neutrally.

Red and Blue

Hopefully E3 clarifies a few things such as if HMs are returning or if they will be replaced by something else

Autobot N

Hopefully E3 clarifies a few things such as if HMs are returning or if they will be replaced by something else
I take it that the phrase "These remakes include easy-to-understand, player-friendly conveniences of the modern Pokémon series" means no HMs.

Honestly, I feel like HMs are a great idea on paper, but they're somewhat ruined by a. most of them being weak and b. half of them being Water type so unless you have multiple Water type Pokemon, you'll have to put them all on the same one and ruin their moveset diversity

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
But I wonder if we will have megas here, since Dawn and lucas dont wear mega barclet. May and Brendon do in their official art..
The players from lets go don't have them either or the sm players.
Im doubtful that they're returning to be honest. I imagine we'll get dynamax/gmax forms if anything...
That would be ironic to have chibi characters in the same game as literal kaijusm. Imagine if they were chibi in battle too. The giant Pokemon behind the chibi model would be hilarious.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
This would be more of a visual easter egg but I would like to see both Dawn and Lucas wear their Platinum outfits while exploring the areas around Snowpoint City. It makes sense you'd wanna wear warmer clothes in a colder environment.

I know it's an unlikely request but would be appreciated in the remakes.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
This would be more of a visual easter egg but I would like to see both Dawn and Lucas wear their Platinum outfits while exploring the areas around Snowpoint City. It makes sense you'd wanna wear warmer clothes in a colder environment.

I know it's an unlikely request but would be appreciated in the remakes.

Sadly they still have their D/P outfits, based on the clip of Dawn walking in Snowpoint City in the trailer.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Have we even speculated connectivity between Sw/Sh and BD/SP?

I just do not see it happening.

I think BD/SP will be its own game that can be transferred out of but not into kind of like Pokemon Let's Go games (not regarding Pokemon Go Pokemon).

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I think BD/SP will be its own game that can be transferred out of but not into kind of like Pokemon Let's Go games (not regarding Pokemon Go Pokemon).
I don't think so because BDSP is not a gimmicky title like LGPE.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have to say that if BSDP will be a whole seperated game with no connectivity with other games, like LGPE - It will be very sad.

Autobot N

There’s no reason to assume that until Nintendo confirms it or otherwise