• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
These are currently the missing Gen 4 Legendaries: Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus.
  • Arceus has its own game.
  • The NPC that gives the Gracidea Flower can be seen on the trailer, so Shaymin might be obtainable.
  • Event distributions aside, Manaphy can only be obtained in Ranger. New players need a way to obtain this Pokemon and its egg can be easily included post-game. It can be a rare find in Legends though.
  • Darkrai has a nice little subplot going for him. And since Fullmoon Island can be accessed post-game, I think it's only proper to include Newmoon Island as well. Also, the Harbor Inn is in Canalave. They can't just leave it locked. A part of me also thinks that it might be exclusive to Legends. I feel Darkrai fits that setting better.
Other currently unobtainable Legendaries are Deoxys, Meloetta and Hoopa. Not sure it they will make these obtainable in BDSP or in SWSH instead.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
These are currently the missing Gen 4 Legendaries: Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus.
  • Arceus has its own game.
  • The NPC that gives the Gracidea Flower can be seen on the trailer, so Shaymin might be obtainable.
  • Event distributions aside, Manaphy can only be obtained in Ranger. New players need a way to obtain this Pokemon and its egg can be easily included post-game. It can be a rare find in Legends though.
  • Darkrai has a nice little subplot going for him. And since Fullmoon Island can be accessed post-game, I think it's only proper to include Newmoon Island as well. Also, the Harbor Inn is in Canalave. They can't just leave it locked. A part of me also thinks that it might be exclusive to Legends. I feel Darkrai fits that setting better.
Other currently unobtainable Legendaries are Deoxys, Meloetta and Hoopa. Not sure it they will make these obtainable in BDSP or in SWSH instead.
Arent they mythicals?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah but those are two different storylines in DPPt and in Legends, so why wouldn't Arceus be able to have a storyline in both?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah but those are two different storylines in DPPt and in Legends, so why wouldn't Arceus be able to have a storyline in both?
Arceus never had a storyline in DPPt. His event item, Azure Flute, was never distributed. Arceus was only ever obtainable through events.

Even if it was, when played, the Azure Flute only opens up a staircase from the Spear Pillar that leads to the Hall of Origin. Inside, you just interact with Arceus and battle him. The only dialogue you'll get is "The Azure Flute echoed hollowly...".

Legends will finally have a whole plot centered on him. If anything, I think through HOME, Arceus can be transferred from Legends to BDSP.

ShadowForce720

Never gonna happen. Gotta sell those movie tickets.
To be fair they could just have it be a case where if you get the Pokémon from the movie it will know a move that it can’t normally learn.

Sort of like how the only way to get a Darkrai that knows Spacial Rend and Roar of Time was to get the one that was being distributed from movie 10(The Rise of Darkrai).

Also if you look at it there was no mythical Pokémon being distributed to promote movie 23(Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution).

So it’s not impossible for them to have their be away to obtain the mythical Pokémon without an event.

Autobot N

...okay.
  1. Piplup
  2. Prinplup
  3. Empoleon
  4. Bibarel
  5. Magikarp
  6. Gyarados
  7. Psyduck
  8. Golduck
  9. Buizel
  10. Floatzel
  11. Shellos
  12. Gastrodon
  13. Goldeen
  14. Seaking
  15. Barboach
  16. Whiscash
  17. Wooper
  18. Quagsire
  19. Wingull
  20. Pelipper
  21. Marill
  22. Azumarill
  23. Remoraid
  24. Octillery
  25. Finneon
  26. Lumineon
  27. Tentacool
  28. Tentacruel
  29. Feebas
  30. Milotic
  31. Mantyke
  32. Mantine
  33. Palkia
  34. Manaphy
That's 34. 22.5% of the Pokedex, and more than any other type.

CharizardFan09

...okay.
  1. Piplup
  2. Prinplup
  3. Empoleon
  4. Bibarel
  5. Magikarp
  6. Gyarados
  7. Psyduck
  8. Golduck
  9. Buizel
  10. Floatzel
  11. Shellos
  12. Gastrodon
  13. Goldeen
  14. Seaking
  15. Barboach
  16. Whiscash
  17. Wooper
  18. Quagsire
  19. Wingull
  20. Pelipper
  21. Marill
  22. Azumarill
  23. Remoraid
  24. Octillery
  25. Finneon
  26. Lumineon
  27. Tentacool
  28. Tentacruel
  29. Feebas
  30. Milotic
  31. Mantyke
  32. Mantine
  33. Palkia
  34. Manaphy
That's 34. 22.5% of the Pokedex, and more than any other type.

And none of them are capable of being a difference maker against Cynthia.

ShadowForce720

And none of them are capable of being a difference maker against Cynthia.
Any of them can work and help beat Cynthia and her Garchomp. Although outside of you can just use a Fairy or Ice type Pokémon. Although Pokémon of other type can be raised to be able to beat Garchomp.

As Autobot N said there are 34 Water type Pokémon that in the game that you could get access to and use and if they add the Platinum Dex expansions then you would also be able to get a Vaporeon.

So BDSP won’t really have a problem with Water types as 34 of them is plenty.

So if you don’t want to take advantage of that or other options available you that is your choice and isn’t the games problem.

Heck most of the games have a case where a type is lacking, however a lack of Fire types to use isn’t that big of a problem as it’s made out to be as it can be covered by other types.