• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
Er... I don't know why a Water type would be the ideal type to face Garchomp when Garchomp only take neutral damage from Water. Sure the majority of D/P/Pt water types are overall bulkier, but a powerhouse like Garchomp won't care.
You should be focusing on Ice types to get as much power behind an Ice type attack to OHKO chomp. There aren't many Ice types, but of the ones there are we have Mamoswine, a powerful hitter with access to Ice Shard, as well as Froslass and Weavile, both of whom stand the best chance of outspeeding Garchomp.

ShadowForce720

Er... I don't know why a Water type would be the ideal type to face Garchomp when Garchomp only take neutral damage from Water. Sure the majority of D/P/Pt water types are overall bulkier, but a powerhouse like Garchomp won't care.
You should be focusing on Ice types to get as much power behind an Ice type attack to OHKO chomp. There aren't many Ice types, but of the ones there are we have Mamoswine, a powerful hitter with access to Ice Shard, as well as Froslass and Weavile, both of whom stand the best chance of outspeeding Garchomp.
There’s also Abomasnow, and Glaceon. Plus another option to deal with Garchomp is to use a Fairy type like Gardevoir, Mr.Mime, or Clefable, now obviously fairy type only applies to Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl and not the original Diamond and Pearl games.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
There’s also Abomasnow, and Glaceon. Plus another option to deal with Garchomp is to use a Fairy type like Gardevoir, Mr.Mime, or Clefable, now obviously fairy type only applies to Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl and not the original Diamond and Pearl games.
That's true, though both are quite slow and won't have as strong an Ice Shard as Mamoswine (or Weavile I guess)
The thing that worries me about the fairies is that while they have effective damage on Garchomp, those ones in particular are not known for taking a hit very well (Clefable at least might survive an Earthquake with low HP), and I worry that they wouldn't be able to reliably KO Garchomp without help from an item. With Ice though, that's a sizable chunk of its HP gone even from just Ice Shard, and if it's a pokemon like Weavile then chomp should be good as gone with just one Ice Punch/Icicle Crash if egg moves are available in the wild.
...course I wouldn't put it past them to throw a curveball like Yache berry just to screw with the people who think they're prepared.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Wow... they did not even show Pokemon in E3. That's a first.

Pokemon Power

Wow... they did not even show Pokemon in E3. That's a first.
Maybe they're planning a separate Pokemon Presents for later this month. I've said before, since Nintendo shares the IP, they prefer to keep Pokemon related announcements separate from the rest.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I love how the link to the stream was even taken down from the main website lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Maybe they're planning a separate Pokemon Presents for later this month. I've said before, since Nintendo shares the IP, they prefer to keep Pokemon related announcements separate from the rest.
Or maybe they're waiting to show stuff for July since that will be Sinnoh Month for the 25th anniversary campaign the Pokemon Company's doing right now

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
At this point the sheer amount of radio silence is ridiculous. It’s been almost 4 months since it was announced and is 5 months til release and all we have to go off of is the announcement trailer and a release date. This is really feeling like they’ve got nothing to show off for this game. Which is kinda a mistake since giving info even sparsely could give them chances to win over doubters or those who are on the fence. Because, at this point, nothing they’ve shown really justifies why someone should buy this game especially if they still have the originals or Platinum.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Probably. It's a bit disappointing that nothing was shown. The E3 Direct was meant to showcase games that are releasing this year, but Pokemon wasn't included. So I guess they indeed have other plans for it.

Although, having no news this close to release isn't entirely new. USUM was announced June 6, 2017 and later released November 17th. E3 2017 did not contain USUM news, and the next major info drop for it happened in August.

While having sparse news close to the actual release happened with USUM, those games only added a few features to SM and no major graphical/gameplay improvements, which was as expected for third games.
People want to know whether the diamond and pearl remakes are worth the buy since the old games function just fine. Many people expect something on top, like mega evolutions, that justify getting these games. For me the dex is a deal breaker, as it was for Sw/Sh (I skipped these games).
That being said, part of me thinks they want to bring all pokemon updates in one big batch. The pokemon Legends games looked very bare when announced and I would not be surprised that these games are holding back such a batch announcement. But that is just me speculating, though that is all we can at this point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given the rather bleak overworld graphics in the first screen-shots that we saw, I'm not exactly surprised that there hasn't been any new information about these games lately since they seem very faithful to the originals. I was at least expecting a new gimmick to be revealed though, but I suppose that that information will be saved for some time closer to the games' release date.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Given the rather bleak overworld graphics in the first screen-shots that we saw, I'm not exactly surprised that there hasn't been any new information about these games lately since they seem very faithful to the originals. I was at least expecting a new gimmick to be revealed though, but I suppose that that information will be saved for some time closer to the games' release date.
If there even will be a new feature.....

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Only Nintendo doesn't handle the marketing and advertising affairs of Pokémon; Creatures Inc. does, through The Pokémon Company.

This means it was TPC's decision not to have Pokémon BDSP or Legends part of Nintendo's broadcast, so hopefully this does mean Pokémon will have its own presentation soon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well, Pokemon Unite is getting its own presentation later (and watch it burn again with massive dislikes on YouTube and tweets from very entitled fans on Twitter to show GF and TPCi how angry they are). I am seriously hoping that BDSP and Legends will follow suit.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Do you guys think it will have a national Dex or just be the Sinnoh dex only like in Let's Go? I'm also wondering if I'll be able to transfer my favorite pokemon with pokebank.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Do you guys think it will have a national Dex or just be the Sinnoh dex only like in Let's Go? I'm also wondering if I'll be able to transfer my favorite pokemon with pokebank.
We don't know yet. But assuming that all remaining Pokemon have been modeled, then they can implement the National Dex in this game (and update SWSH with that as well). Or...

We'll get something like in SM/USUM where we don't have a National "Dex", but can still transfer National Dex Pokemon (in this case Gen 5-8).