• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Oh ye, I guess that reminds me: Would ILCA be willing to make every trade evo mon available as wild mons like SwSh did? This just popped up in my head and they seemingly have been phasing out trade evos for a long while now, wonder if it’ll continue to be the case for BDSP as well.
I'd settle for a way to evolve them without needing a second person! Perhaps like something that's happened in the anime where transferring it through pokemon centers forces the evolution. In the games, this could be putting into the box in one location and removing it in another.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'd settle for a way to evolve them without needing a second person! Perhaps like something that's happened in the anime where transferring it through pokemon centers forces the evolution. In the games, this could be putting into the box in one location and removing it in another.
I'd just be happy with a Trade NPCs that actually will let you complete trade evolutions. Maybe you have to win a battle or have to go out of your way to find them, but I honestly think its the easiest thing.

They could even just be by a trade machine at a center after or something.

Do you have hope in Brilliant Diamond and Shimmering Pearl?

I, for my part, honestly don't ...

being someone who never supported the idea of a remake, i am honestly not someone who considers themselves dying for these "remakes" as honestly although i know the code had to be recreated from scratch this honestly looks more like a remastering than a remake as God intended (the opposite case being HGSS and ORAS, which brought remarkable news) ...

And honestly, the only thing that would really draw my attention to the remake is that it will include every Pokémon to date ...

But of course! as this is a remake TOO true to the original game, no new features should be allowed, BECAUSE THE FAITHFUL SELL!: D

What is faithful? It can be, for you, for me, a simple facade to hide your damn laziness for not delivering a quality product ...

or in short, Pokémon being Pokémon ...

And you? They earned it! for being a little critical and very, BUT VERY COMPLIANCE ...

PS: And no, do not come with the stupidity that "it is a new company and not GF" because that does not justify anything, and the only thing that suggests is that even so the remake is done in Newgrounds they will praise it and buy, as always happens ...

This is MY OPINION , the rest respect each other, as long as they respect mine, Thank you for your attention and have a nice afternoon or evening! (depends on the time zone of your country).

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Do you have hope in Brilliant Diamond and Shimmering Pearl?

I, for my part, honestly don't ...

being someone who never supported the idea of a remake, i am honestly not someone who considers themselves dying for these "remakes" as honestly although i know the code had to be recreated from scratch this honestly looks more like a remastering than a remake as God intended (the opposite case being HGSS and ORAS, which brought remarkable news) ...

And honestly, the only thing that would really draw my attention to the remake is that it will include every Pokémon to date ...

But of course! as this is a remake TOO true to the original game, no new features should be allowed, BECAUSE THE FAITHFUL SELL!: D

What is faithful? It can be, for you, for me, a simple facade to hide your damn laziness for not delivering a quality product ...

or in short, Pokémon being Pokémon ...

And you? They earned it! for being a little critical and very, BUT VERY COMPLIANCE ...

PS: And no, do not come with the stupidity that "it is a new company and not GF" because that does not justify anything, and the only thing that suggests is that even so the remake is done in Newgrounds they will praise it and buy, as always happens ...

This is MY OPINION , the rest respect each other, as long as they respect mine, Thank you for your attention and have a nice afternoon or evening! (depends on the time zone of your country).
Well, it IS hard to have any hype for a game we barely know anything about.

To be fair, the game really cannot be judged for what it currently is, considering what I just said -- we barely know how faithful this remake really is to the originals.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This is Game Freak you're talking about. The company who thought difficulty settings needed to be version exclusive. Not gonna happen.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, it IS hard to have any hype for a game we barely know anything about.

To be fair, the game really cannot be judged for what it currently is, considering what I just said -- we barely know how faithful this remake really is to the originals.
I do feel like it's too early to judge, but at the same time, the more time passes without any concrete news, the more it feels like the answer to many of the questions we have is the disappointing answer. They only have 3 months left, are they going to be able to fit in news about changes such as the Platinum Dex, new forms/Sinnohan variants, new mechanics? It's too early to completely give up hope that the game will have some sort of update to the experience, but that hope is dimming and the game is starting to lean more and more in the direction of being a glorified remaster than a legitimate remake.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I do feel like it's too early to judge, but at the same time, the more time passes without any concrete news, the more it feels like the answer to many of the questions we have is the disappointing answer. They only have 3 months left, are they going to be able to fit in news about changes such as the Platinum Dex, new forms/Sinnohan variants, new mechanics? It's too early to completely give up hope that the game will have some sort of update to the experience, but that hope is dimming and the game is starting to lean more and more in the direction of being a glorified remaster than a legitimate remake.
Understandable.

I wonder why we still haven't gotten any news on this game. One would expect something from E3 but we didn't get any. Are they waiting for Unite to release? They also keep promoting Sinnoh (with Bidoof Day, Bibarel, Dawn from the anime, etc) but we get nothing out of that. I just want news....

Pokemon Power

Understandable.

I wonder why we still haven't gotten any news on this game. One would expect something from E3 but we didn't get any. Are they waiting for Unite to release? They also keep promoting Sinnoh (with Bidoof Day, Bibarel, Dawn from the anime, etc) but we get nothing out of that. I just want news....
I want news too. If only someone would sneak into ILCA headquarters and get the info we need. (I'm joking of course, that would be impossible.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I’m still worried about the games’ content, I’m at least confident about the visuals after seeing the Japanese site’s screenshots & the segments from the OLED commercial

At the very least, the quality of the games feel they’ll be somewhere in between Let’s Go & Link’s Awakening

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
While I’m still worried about the games’ content, I’m at least confident about the visuals after seeing the Japanese site’s screenshots & the segments from the OLED commercial

At the very least, the quality of the games feel they’ll be somewhere in between Let’s Go & Link’s Awakening
Which pictures?

Bueno, es difícil exagerar sobre un juego del que apenas sabemos nada.

Para ser justos, el juego realmente no puede ser juzgado por lo que es actualmente, considerando lo que acabo de decir: apenas sabemos cuán fiel es este remake a los originales.
Pero hay algo, y es que si dicen que será demasiado "fiel" no te extrañe que al saberlo todo sobre Diamond y Pearl Original sepas todo sobre el remake, o en definitiva, que hagan una copia descarada. y pegar todas las características de la versión DS