• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Además, que tampoco menciono el apartado gráfico, que aquí todo se pudrió ...

Sí, ya sé que los gráficos no lo son todo en los videojuegos que conozco, pero por Dios, la primera impresión de estos es lamentable, quiero decir, el juego prácticamente parece ser de los inicios de la 3DS con el filtro HD, y eso chibi estilo realmente no le sienta muy bien (se respeta a quien le gusta), y sí, dirán porque así eran los gráficos de la DS, pero el problema es que el juego se veía así en la DS por la potencia gráfica, que al ser un portátil no tiene la misma potencia que una sobremesa ...

Y sí, puede mejorar, pero esos gráficos que se ven son la base del juego, y honestamente como base da una mala sensación ...

Y de verdad, quiero creer que pueden mejorar para parecerse a Let's Go, porque si no, no tendré más fe en futuros remakes ...

Pokemon Power

Pero hay algo, y es que si dicen que será demasiado "fiel" no te extrañe que al saberlo todo sobre Diamond y Pearl Original sepas todo sobre el remake, o en definitiva, que hagan una copia descarada. y pegar todas las características de la versión DS
I don't speak Spanish.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I don't speak Spanish.
Slight paraphrasing but...

He is saying that the graphics aren't to his standards and the design style as well. Aware that the the originals were chibis but it makes it look like a good ds game instead of a good modern console game.

He's hoping it'll look as good as Let's Go, but doesn't believe it will and if it doesn't he won't have any more faith in future remakes.

Pokemon Power

Slight paraphrasing but...

He is saying that the graphics aren't to his standards and the design style as well. Aware that the the originals were chibis but it makes it look like a good ds game instead of a good modern console game.

He's hoping it'll look as good as Let's Go, but doesn't believe it will and if it doesn't he won't have any more faith in future remakes.
Well I think the design style really nails the nostalgia. It really feels like you're playing an enhanced version of the original Diamond and Pearl.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I actually trust ILCA on the games because they also worked on Dragon Quest 11, a classic, and Nier: Automata, which I've heard great things about.
I'm sure ILCA doesn't have total creative freedom on these games being remakes, but I think they can make them work.

On another topic, I don't think they show much because after Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, Game Freak/Pokemon Company have been fairly quiet about their projects, and I don't think these games will get as frequent coverage as Sword and Shield because they aren't the beginning of a new generation.

Edit: Fixed minor typos.

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
What new teams would I give to the Elite Four and Cynthia for the remakes to bring them more in line with the current generation and the current battle mechanic? And besides, each of their teams need a complete overhaul.

Aaron: Galvantula, Volcarona, Yanmega, Scizor, Heracross
Rematch: Scizor, Heracross, Volcarona, Galvantula, Scolipede

Bertha: Golurk, Hippowdon, Flygon, Krookodile, Swampert
Rematch: Hippowdon, Torterra, Swampert, Krookodile, Golurk

Flint: Houndoom, Magmortar, Centiskorch, Chandelure, Infernape
Rematch: Houndoom, Chandelure, Magmortar, Infernape, Flareon

Lucian: Galarian Rapidash, Bronzong, Starmie, Alakazam, Espeon
Rematch: Alakazam, Espeon, Starmie, Gardevoir, Galarian Rapidash

Cynthia: Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Kommo-o, Lapras (Capable of G-Max)
Rematch: Spiritomb, Togekiss, Lucario, Roserade, Lapras (Capable of G-Max), Garchomp

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
What new teams would I give to the Elite Four and Cynthia for the remakes?

Cynthia: Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, Spiritomb, Kommo-o, Lapras (Capable of G-Max)
Rematch: Spiritomb, Togekiss, Lucario, Roserade, Lapras (Capable of G-Max), Garchomp

Don't expect the teams to be much different in the main game. The post game might be, but it depends on what kinds of post game Pokemon show up, as we don't even know if there will be any Pokemon outside the original Sinnoh Dex in the post game (and we probably won't until the game releases), or if we'll even have the Platinum Dex in the main game (it's likely considering the appearance of Porygon-Z in the trailer, but not yet confirmed). You should really keep your expectations in check here.

This is the most depressing game pre-release period ever

Well at least we also have LA to look forward to, but otherwise yeah. One of (if not the) longest news droughts ever and no indication yet of any changes to get excited for (and in fact the marketing seems to indicate the opposite, that it'll be largely the same game we already played). Why have they been silent for this long?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What new teams would I give to the Elite Four and Cynthia for the remakes?

Bold of you to assume post-Gen 4 mons will be available in the remakes along with Dynamaxing.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Don't expect the teams to be much different in the main game. The post game might be, but it depends on what kinds of post game Pokemon show up, as we don't even know if there will be any Pokemon outside the original Sinnoh Dex in the post game (and we probably won't until the game releases), or if we'll even have the Platinum Dex in the main game (it's likely considering the appearance of Porygon-Z in the trailer, but not yet confirmed). You should really keep your expectations in check here.

Well at least we also have LA to look forward to, but otherwise yeah. One of (if not the) longest news droughts ever and no indication yet of any changes to get excited for (and in fact the marketing seems to indicate the opposite, that it'll be largely the same game we already played). Why have they been silent for this long?
This also had zero nees somce announcement.. Its been newrly 5 months

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This also had zero nees somce announcement.. Its been newrly 5 months
Right, but at least the core concept of the game offers some hope that that game will be exciting, and that game can afford to see info a little later than usual since it's coming out 3 months later. BDSP though, there's little excuse for the drought there. I don't think we've ever gone 5 months without concrete information and it's rare that we've ever cut to within 3 months of release knowing next to nothing.

The only other game I can think of that did that was BW2, in which they really didn't start talking until 2 months before release, but I don't think that means much in BDSP's case since BW2 is conceptually a very different game. BW2 was also not revealed until 4 months before its Japanese release, so the news drought wasn't nearly as long.

Autobot N

I've heard a bunch hubbub about a potential Presents on the 21st since some guy named Kelios who is apparently reliable teased it. I'm not going to believe anything other than an official announcement at this point, though

EDIT: Also, it looks like there's a private video in the Pokemon News playlist on YouTube, so make of that what you will

Last edited:

Tin-Tin-Alt

What new teams would I give to the Elite Four and Cynthia for the remakes to bring them more in line with the current generation and the current battle mechanic? And besides, each of their teams need a complete overhaul.

Rematches:

Aaron: Araquanid. Yanmega. Scolipede. Scizor. Vespiquen. Drapion.

Bertha: Sandaconda. Rhyperior. Gliscor. Diggersby (HugePower), Whiscash. Hippowdon.

Flint: Infernape. Coalossal. Rapidash. Flareon. Turtonator. Magmortar.

Lucian: Mr. Rime. Espeon. Gallade. Malamar. Alakazam. Bronzong.

Cynthia: Spiritomb. Togekiss. Roserade. Milotic. Duraludon. Garchomp.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
If we're on this discussion about potential rematch teams, I'll predict a rematch team assuming there will be a selection of various Pokemon in post game:

Aaron- Yanmega, Scolipede, Scizor, Vespiquen, Drapion
Bertha- Dugtrio, Whiscash, Gliscor, Rhyperior, Hippowdon
Flint- Rapidash, Houndoom, Darmanitan, Camerupt, Magmortar
Lucian- Slowking, Bronzong, Reuniclus, Alakazam, Gallade
Cynthia- Spiritomb, Zebstrika, Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, Garchomp

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If we're on this discussion about potential rematch teams, I'll predict a rematch team assuming there will be a selection of various Pokemon in post game:

Aaron- Yanmega, Scolipede, Scizor, Vespiquen, Drapion
Bertha- Dugtrio, Whiscash, Gliscor, Rhyperior, Hippowdon
Flint- Rapidash, Houndoom, Darmanitan, Camerupt, Magmortar
Lucian- Slowking, Bronzong, Reuniclus, Alakazam, Gallade
Cynthia- Spiritomb, Zebstrika, Roserade, Togekiss, Lucario, Garchomp
I hope its true and we get to see Pokemon post gen 4..

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If post gen 4 Pokemon are going to be in this I'm guessing they'll appear post-league similarly to firered/leafgreen
Or they could make it like ORAS where National Dex Pokemon are immediately available after the story climax. In BDSP's case, that would be after the major events at Mt. Coronet's summit.

But considering that we have the entire Battle Zone, swarms and the PokeRadar post-game, they might stick with what DP has been.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Or they could make it like ORAS where National Dex Pokemon are immediately available after the story climax. In BDSP's case, that would be after the major events at Mt. Coronet's summit.

But considering that we have the entire Battle Zone, swarms and the PokeRadar post-game, they might stick with what DP has been.

Yeah, that was weird when they gave you the National Dex before the Elite 4, but the originals had no (or in Emerald's case, very little) National Dex Pokemon post game, so they could kind of get away with it. DPPt, not so much, that game is built to have a lengthy post game. I'm leaning more towards there actually being some selection of post game for that reason, but we just don't know anything at this point.