• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have zero hopes for tomorrow. I know its probably gonna be just about Pokemon Unite, which I am not interested in at all.
Theres no way theres gonna give news about other Poke games, cuzit will overshadow Unite..

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I have zero hopes for tomorrow. I know its probably gonna be just about Pokemon Unite, which I am not interested in at all.
Theres no way theres gonna give news about other Poke games, cuzit will overshadow Unite..
*cries*
I think people care more about BD/SP and LA than Unite. Honestly.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I have zero interest in Pokemon Unite.. it saddens me that nowdays Pokemon give more emphasis on spin off games, rather than the main games.
I don't mind spinoff games as much if they're good spinoff games, the problem is that they're not, they're cheap, mediocre F2P mobile games. The obsession with mobile is indeed very sad.

Hard to say if that's the real reason behind the drought though. It could be Unite, it could be COVID, it could be LA, it could be something else, or it could be any combination of factors. We just don't know, and we'll probably never know.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don't mind spinoff games as much if they're good spinoff games, the problem is that they're not, they're cheap, mediocre F2P mobile games. The obsession with mobile is indeed very sad.

Hard to say if that's the real reason behind the drought though. It could be Unite, it could be COVID, it could be LA, it could be something else, or it could be any combination of factors. We just don't know, and we'll probably never know.
I agree, I already accepted this fact, even if it saddens me to do so

pokeplayer9994

Okay, I'm going to say this now. REMOVE THE HONEY TREES!! Seriously, they are terrible! Perhaps THE worst way to get certain Pokemon in the history of Pokemon. Slather a specific tree, Wait six hours, Hope the right Pokemon appears. Seriously, don't get me started with Honey Tree Munchlax. Just don't.

I'll be happy if they're not around.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I'd say that Pokémon Masters, despite being a gatcha, is a much better game than SwSh.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Okay, I'm going to say this now. REMOVE THE HONEY TREES!! Seriously, they are terrible! Perhaps THE worst way to get certain Pokemon in the history of Pokemon. Slather a specific tree, Wait six hours, Hope the right Pokemon appears. Seriously, don't get me started with Honey Tree Munchlax. Just don't.

I'll be happy if they're not around.
Well, if you watch the trailer again, you'll see one in there. I honestly much prefer it than B2W2's Hidden Grottos.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
The Honey trees also need a complete overhaul.

As for updated choices of pokemon that you can now find at honey trees, Applin is a good option.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The Honey trees also need a complete overhaul.
I completely agree. The way Munchlax is encountered needs to be changed.

You can only find Munchlax in 4 out of 21 Honey Trees around Sinnoh. And those trees are based on your Trainer's ID and Secret ID, which is absurd. You really cannot tell which tree has Munchlax unless you encountered it.

Still, it's better than the infamous Feebas tile.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I never actually used the honey tree. I put honey there sometimes but never had the nerve to come back and wait 6 hours or so
I used them a couple of times but never found a Munchlax. And I think that I did get a Heracross once but I mostly got the commonly found Pokémon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I completely agree. The way Munchlax is encountered needs to be changed.

You can only find Munchlax in 4 out of 21 Honey Trees around Sinnoh. And those trees are based on your Trainer's ID and Secret ID, which is absurd. You really cannot tell which tree has Munchlax unless you encountered it.

Still, it's better than the infamous Feebas tile.
Forgot to say that they also happen to have a 1 PERCENT encounter rate.

Teravolt

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah I think I used honey on trees once, maybe twice, then never again. I just didn't want to waste time on it, kinda the same with berries hence why I loved Poke Pelago, there wasn't an annoying back and forth to check on the trees, water them, and protect them from bug types.

Teravolt

Yeah I think I used honey on trees once, maybe twice, then never again. I just didn't want to waste time on it, kinda the same with berries hence why I loved Poke Pelago, there wasn't an annoying back and forth to check on the trees, water them, and protect them from bug types.
POKE PELAGO WAS GOD-TIER
I miss my daily berry farming… :(

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What makes PokePelago stand out is shiny hunting. They had that facility that warms eggs so you can keep hatching that stuff even when you are not playing.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hopefully we'll get more info on BDSP soon now that Unite's finally out. One thing I'm wondering though is whether the games will be compatible with Pokemon Home shortly after launch (similar to ORAS & USUM's connectivity with Bank) or they won't be compatible until next year (mainly because I have a newly bred Spiritomb from SWSH & a lv 1 Chatot from Pokemon Go that I want to use early on since I'm not a fan of most of the early catches in Sinnoh)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hopefully we'll get more info on BDSP soon now that Unite's finally out. One thing I'm wondering though is whether the games will be compatible with Pokemon Home shortly after launch (similar to ORAS & USUM's connectivity with Bank) or they won't be compatible until next year (mainly because I have a newly bred Spiritomb from SWSH & a lv 1 Chatot from Pokemon Go that I want to use early on since I'm not a fan of most of the early catches in Sinnoh)

Yeah, I can really understand that. I've personally edited a W2-run because I really wanted to use a Bouffalant for the majority of the game, instead catching it way too near to the ending.

I feel as if Chatot is also one of those pokémon (also looking at you Gen2 Skarmory and Dark-types not named Umbreon). Sure, it's quite frail and has almost unusable Abilities (Tangled Feet is the best one it gets), but it's SpA and Speed are usable and STAB Chatter and Boomburst is an amazing move combination (you need to breed with a Noivern for Boomburst though, which you can't do if you're getting one from PoGo (since Chatot isn't legal to SwSh and Noivern probably isn't allowed in Sinnoh)).

I can definitely see myself using it if I wanted a Flying-type and if the game didn't almost force Staraptor on you. I mean stats, movepool, abilities, accesability, design. The Muku.HAWK is hard to pass up. Unless you've used it a bazillion times and want a change. :p