• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah, I can really understand that. I've personally edited a W2-run because I really wanted to use a Bouffalant for the majority of the game, instead catching it way too near to the ending.

I feel as if Chatot is also one of those pokémon (also looking at you Gen2 Skarmory and Dark-types not named Umbreon). Sure, it's quite frail and has almost unusable Abilities (Tangled Feet is the best one it gets), but it's SpA and Speed are usable and STAB Chatter and Boomburst is an amazing move combination (you need to breed with a Noivern for Boomburst though, which you can't do if you're getting one from PoGo (since Chatot isn't legal to SwSh and Noivern probably isn't allowed in Sinnoh)).

I can definitely see myself using it if I wanted a Flying-type and if the game didn't almost force Staraptor on you. I mean stats, movepool, abilities, accesability, design. The Muku.HAWK is hard to pass up. Unless you've used it a bazillion times and want a change. :p
True. Staraptor’s a strong pokémon & I’ve never used one in my playthroughs, but the problem is that everyone’s most likely going to use one (along with Infernape, Luxray, Lucario, & Garchomp) so it doesn’t make teams feel more unique.

I’m just hoping that Chatot will get some kind of boost in the remakes such as tweaked stats or more move coverage through TMs & TRs. If I can’t use it, I may end up using Kricketune instead since I want my team to have the theme of connection and including a sound-based Pokémon references how music can connect people

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
True. Staraptor’s a strong pokémon & I’ve never used one in my playthroughs, but the problem is that everyone’s most likely going to use one (along with Infernape, Luxray, Lucario, & Garchomp) so it doesn’t make teams feel more unique.

I’m just hoping that Chatot will get some kind of boost in the remakes such as tweaked stats or more move coverage through TMs & TRs. If I can’t use it, I may end up using Kricketune instead since I want my team to have the theme of connection and including a sound-based Pokémon references how music can connect people

That's actually quite awesome.

I'm also using underused pokémon in my playthrough of BD. Heck, I want to use a Sandy Wormadam as my Ground-type. :D

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Staraptor used to be the coolest bird. Then Talonflame came and everything else pale in comparison.

Lowkey hoping it'll be avaliable on BDSP but I'm not holding my breath.

Autobot N

IIRC, didn't new Mega Evolutions make up 90% of ORAS trailers? It would make sense they don't have that much to show compared to that, since we don't have some new gimmick that separates this from Gen 4.

SuperTentacle

IIRC, didn't new Mega Evolutions make up 90% of ORAS trailers? It would make sense they don't have that much to show compared to that, since we don't have some new gimmick that separates this from Gen 4.
The Game is 15 Years old, even If that Game has nothing new they will do marketing for it.

Next Month they will probably start with monthly Trailers for BD/SP and Legends. That would be Three Trailers + Launch Trailer for BD/SP.

ebevan91

Anyone here subscribed to Gameinformer? They released their digital issue today which supposedly has a "deeper" look at BDSP.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Anyone here subscribed to Gameinformer? They released their digital issue today which supposedly has a "deeper" look at BDSP.
Gameinformer but it looks like it's just stuff we already know.
Really? False advertising!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
By not releasing news or new content and creating hype, they are in fact creating hype in a way... It's an interesting approach to see.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
To I guess change the topic for a split sec, aside from wanting to know if there'll be postgame differences like if they'll do anything with Giratina and what they'll do about the three mythicals (Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus), there is one other thing I'm curious about which I just thought about:

Would they be willing to add older Legendaries as encounterable somehow like they did in ORAS and I guess USUM but through some other way? Been kind of a trend since ORAS to have every older Legendary available through some way, just curious if ILCA is willing to do so as well.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
To I guess change the topic for a split sec, aside from wanting to know if there'll be postgame differences like if they'll do anything with Giratina and what they'll do about the three mythicals (Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus), there is one other thing I'm curious about which I just thought about:

Would they be willing to add older Legendaries as encounterable somehow like they did in ORAS and I guess USUM but through some other way? Been kind of a trend since ORAS to have every older Legendary available through some way, just curious if ILCA is willing to do so as well.
Considering that every Legendary was available in SwSh, and would presumably be transferable to BD/SP, I doubt it. But who knows?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Considering that every Legendary was available in SwSh, and would presumably be transferable to BD/SP, I doubt it. But who knows?
Seeing as how Arceus will probably be the final boss of PLA which will somehow be compatible with BDSP, that already makes me excited for the new games coming out this year/early 2022.

As for Manaphy/Phione, Darkrai and Shaymin, I still don’t know how they’ll be implemented into BDSP.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Seeing as how Arceus will probably be the final boss of PLA which will somehow be compatible with BDSP, that already makes me excited for the new games coming out this year/early 2022.

As for Manaphy/Phione, Darkrai and Shaymin, I still don’t know how they’ll be implemented into BDSP.
I have ideas of how to implement the latter three into the games via post game for Darkrai and Shaymin and mid-game for the Manaphy Egg.

Manaphy Egg- You meet a Ranger around Pastoria City (either in the Great Marsh, the Pokémon Center or on one of the routes surrounding the city) who tells you a bit about Manaphy and you are entrusted with the Egg. It hatches and you can show the Ranger Manaphy who then gives you a hint about obtaining Phione.

Darkrai- After completing the Sailor’s son eternal nightmare quest, whenever you visit your house, your mom will tell you that a package had arrived for you. Inside is the key to the old motel in Canalave City and everything pretty much is the same except the dialogue when you land on Newmoon Island is a bit different. Darkrai is angry that you woke up its victim who was giving it the strength to defeat its rival Cresslia in battle.

Shaymin- This is different than the original games. Whenever you go to the White Rock, you’ll see Marley who explains what the Rock is and what it does. She then mentions how she would really like to see Shaymin and the Flower Paradise but doesn’t think she ever will. She then suggests that you leave a note of thanks on the Rock. Then a stray Shaymin wanders on screen and looks at the PC and Marley and Marley notes that it looks sad. She then says it seems that Shaymin wants to go ahead past the Rock but there is nowhere to go. Just then a glowing light suddenly appears and the Flower Path is opened. Marley suggests that you carry Shaymin and see where this path leads. It’s a long journey but on the way Marley talks with you and tells you more about why she is so interested in Shaymin and its myths. You get a couple of short cut scenes depicting Marley’s facial expressions and how happy Shaymin seems to be along the way. When you arrive at the Flower Paradise, there is a cutscene of dozens of Shaymin are happily runaround in both Formes. Some are walking among the flowers and sniffing them and some are taking a nap while others are frolicking the air in their Sky Formes. The Shaymin you were carrying Happily joins its friends and Marley says how amazing the place is. She then gives gratitude towards you for helping her see her dream. Shaymin then walks over to you and starts staring at you intensely. Marley then says that it seems to like you and wants to travel with you some more. She then suggests catching it which prompts a battle.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I must admit, I am rather curious as to why we've gotten virtually no news at all since February.

I'm sure the game isn't an entire carbon copy of the original, so there must be something else they can show us prior to release.
Howcan u be sure its not the same game?