• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

NeganTheSavior

I just hope they do something about the number of HMs or get rid of them altogether. I'm replaying Platinum right now and the amount of HMs needed are completely ridiculous. Eight is way too much.

Autobot N

I just hope they do something about the number of HMs or get rid of them altogether. I'm replaying Platinum right now and the amount of HMs needed are completely ridiculous. Eight is way too much.
It wouldn't be so bad if half of them weren't bad moves (Defog, Cut, Rock Smash) or type-redundant (Strength/Rock Climb, Surf/Waterfall).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Defog kind of got better starting with Gen 7 with the ability to dispose of those nasty entry hazards....

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Defog kind of got better starting with Gen 7 with the ability to dispose of those nasty entry hazards....
That was Gen 6. And the best part about it is, it can't be blocked because nothing is immune to Flying-type moves.

Tin-Tin-Alt

I would like to see a new stat trainer.
Maybe Buck focuses on Pokémon with high special defense, and someone new specializes in physical defense.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
In today's Anime episode (PM2019 075), i noticed that Piplup's Pokeball had a "Ball Capsule" on it when Dawn did that Demo Performance for Chloe.
B0K39Jt.jpg

And i checked back to Best Wishes Season 2, and Dawn didn't use a "Ball Capsule" at that time.

Does showcasing "Ball Capsule" like that mean they are confirming their return to BDSP?

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In today's Anime episode (PM2019 075), i noticed that Piplup's Pokeball had a "Ball Capsule" on it when Dawn did that Demo Performance for Chloe.
B0K39Jt.jpg

And i checked back to Best Wishes Season 2, and Dawn didn't use a "Ball Capsule" at that time.

Does showcasing "Ball Capsule" like that mean they are confirming their return to BDSP?
I don’t see why Ball Capsules wouldn’t return. It was fun to come up with different designs for them and if I recall they were pretty popular among players.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They should give new mega evolutions to Sinnoh pokemon. Or More post-game stuff like events.
We’ll be lucky if we get old mega evolutions for postgame stuff

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Though from an in-game perspective, the move is effectively useless since opposing Trainers hardly use entry hazards. There is also the buff to remove terrain effects but no Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex have abilities that auto set terrains.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
B0K39Jt.jpg

I have a feeling they will be returning in BD/SP, although it'll have to have a new interface given the Switch is only single-screen.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Now, I usually vastly underestimate my predictions, but that's a good thing, so I'm gonna go ahead a predict BDSP's sales.

I'm gonna say within its first year, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl will sell 12 million copies. Why? MASSIVE nostalgia. Not only will longtime Pokémon fans, even those criticizing the game's graphics, will pick up the title, but former fans who peaked at Gen 4 will likely return. I've already come across a number of old timers who've gained interest in the remakes, stating how Diamond & Pearl was their last Pokémon game before they stopped playing.

Prior to Sword & Shield, Diamond & Pearl was the third biggest-selling Pokémon title, at nearly 18 million copies sold. Pokémon had since saw quite a decline in sales, with not a single main title reaching 17 million copies, and one failing to reach 16 million. It wasn't until Gen 8 that this decline had shifted.

I think a good number of folks who stopped playing after Gen 4 may pick up the remakes, and I think this is precisely why Masuda and ILCA decided to go with the character design they chose. Former fans will be captivated by the familiarity, and - let's be real - current fans will buy the game regardless. Thus, BDSP is bound to have a very fruitful turn out.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
12 million? That’s a lot of people I’m likely going to be embarrassed for. I expect as of now that these games will in fact be just copy-and-paste of the original Gen 4 games.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh please I’d more embarrassed for every single person that played XY instead since at least the original DP games weren’t so bad if you can get past the slowass transition of the health bars and text.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Oh please I’d more embarrassed for every single person that played XY instead since at least the original DP games weren’t so bad if you can get past the slowass transition of the health bars and text.
If only I knew gen 4 existed when I first started Pokémon. Sinnoh sounds a heck of a lot better than Kalos

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
12 million? That’s a lot of people I’m likely going to be embarrassed for. I expect as of now that these games will in fact be just copy-and-paste of the original Gen 4 games.
If it was just a copy-and-paste of the original then they legally could not call it a remake. They would have to call it a remaster. So there will be something new and some changes made. What they are is yet to be seen.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
X and Y weren’t bad but they’re arguably the games I replay the least, even less-so than Gen 1.

On-topic, the slowness of the original games being remedied is one of the things I’m most excited for with these remakes. I love the originals, but the slowness makes them a slog.