• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Manaphy's in via Mystery Gift!

We'll receive it in an Egg.

EDIT: Damn it, @Wulava got to it first. lol

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I kept zero expectations and came out of this presentation exceedingly happy. Upgraded underground, following Pokémon, trainer customization, and confirmation of the Platinum dex are all of my YES.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also, no Ranked Battles in either Sinnoh game. Looks like Sword and Shield is going to be the VGC game for the forseeable future.

Ascended Dialga

Things confirmed in today's trailer:
- The return of Poké Ball Seals
- Walking Pokémon
- The return of the Union Room
- The return of the Sinnoh Underground, now with a new feature called Pokémon Hideaways, rooms where you can encounter certain wild Pokémon depending on the statues in your Secret Base
- Platinum's regional Pokédex
- The return of Super Contests
- Trainer outfit customization
- No Ranked Battles
- Compatibility with Pokémon Home

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I still kind of hate the overworld style! But it does look better, and everything else we saw was more than enough to convince me to get one of the two. I’m still hopeful for the Battle Frontier since they’re clearly willing to deviate from the original games a bit, given the Hideaways they showcased and following Pokémon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yep, not much different but there do seem to be some new things:

-Platinum Dex Pokemon were shown off pretty heavily. This implies the Platinum Dex is in.
-Pokemon Hideaways. Doesn't seem to add new Pokemon but it does show some rarer Pokemon that were harder to get such as Munchlax and Houndoom.
-Following Pokemon and customization in.

Big thing I wish they had shown off was what would happen to HMs? That's still a huge question mark. I hope they overhauled it.

Overall probably closer to a 1:1 remake as expected, but it's not 100% the same thankfully.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I don't know, I was just kinda expecting Mega Evolution to be thrown in and make everyone lose their minds.

But these look great. There's been some hints about Galactic ambitions, which may or may not be more than what we've gone through in D/P.
1:1, faithful or whatever terms been used, they've skipped over the story for the most part.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Autobot N