• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

pokeplayer9994

So, seeing the new things, I have revamped my No Starter Team.

Roserade - My actual starter. Very Powerful Grass-Type.
Manaphy - Recieved through Mystery Gift. Main Water-Type.
Houndoom - Great for Ghosts and Psychics.
Togekiss/Staraptor - This will be my main Flyer for the team. Togekiss will be chosen if I can get Togepi as an egg. Togekiss will be my Dragon Killer.
Gliscor - Ground-Type to cover Electrics.
Ambipom - Pick-Up Pokemon and high coverage.

Well, here's hoping this will work out.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Very pleased with what I saw. Glad that you can still customize your player and pick their skin tone. Makes me more excited to experience Sinnoh for the first time

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Never liked battle frontiers since you do not gain exp from it, i don't see why people expect it in all remakes.
Why would you gain experience from a post-game battle facility? You also don’t get experience in the Battle Tree, Battle Maison, Battle Subway, or individual Battle Towers. They’re meant as a battle challenge, not a place to grind.

I think many people hope for the Battle Frontier in remakes because each version of the Frontier offers both a legitimate challenge and a respectable variety of battle styles for people who want to spend their post-credits time battling over anything else. Just having a Battle Tower can get a little stale after a couple hundred battles, but I certainly never got bored with five to seven different facilities, personally.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I’m not too miffed about the Frontier being excluded personally (just because I don’t have the time to dedicate to it) but I can see why folks are upset with its exclusion.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Even if I’m extra salty about the Frontier being excluded, I have to say - I still think these games really do look great. It’s going to be a great time and I’ll live with just the Tower. As long as Palmer is still there!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Never liked battle frontiers since you do not gain exp from it, i don't see why people expect it in all remakes.
People were accepting that it might not return since ORAS excluded Emerald’s. Even though I could live without the BF, it’s just weird to have a remake exclude content from the game it’s remaking and it’s a great way to continue playing into the postgame so I don’t blame anyone for being disappointed

Vini310

I will go into detail on WHY I dislike the Battle Frontier in my Gen 2 review, so for now, I will just say that:
Pokémon Clover >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Abyss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Battle Frontier.
My definition of a good RPG post-game boils down to:
- Can you rebattle all the bosses?
In ORAS, you can rebattle all the regular trainers after the E4, Gen 7 has the Title Defense thing, Emerald, Platinum and HGSS allow you to rebattle the Gym Leaders AND all of these things are repeatable + you gain EXP and money from it and doesn't need to do competitive grinding.

So, yeah, the BF sucks, except the Battle Factory, hands down the only good battle facility in all of Pokémon.

slowkingsley

Some of the removed moves from SwSh are confirmed to return as well as well as at least some new moves.

In the Direct

Pikachu is shown having Return in the Super Contests
Weavile is shown having Feint Attack in the Super Contests
Roserade is shown having Leaf Tornado in the Super Contests
Turtwig is show having access to Leafage

Nyter

Island Challenger
Hmm so I believe the compatibility these games will have with Pokemon Home is that you can transfer Pokemon from BDSP into Home but not from Home into BDSP. It seems Game Freak did not allow for anything more than a faithful Sinnoh Pokedex (a la Platinum) in the game. And I doubt SwSh will update to allow all BDSP Pokemon to make their way into SwSh. The only thing I could see them doing to expand, however, is DLC in BDSP. I don't expect much use of Home other than having another means of getting filled.

But that aside, I am loyal to the brand and cannot wait to take a nostalgic trip (even though I am currently playing Diamond on my Nintendo DS).

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I was on the fence for a long time about whether or not I should buy Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, or skip them and wait for Legends: Arceus, but the Mystery Gift Manaphy egg has sealed the deal for me, so I'll be getting at least one of the two.

Xuxuba

I am just tired of the Battle Tower and it's clones.

For me, what made the Battle Frontier interesting was the fun tweaks made to battling, with different rules and gimmicks, making the battles a very distinctive experience from the one we're used to and allowing players to keep challenging themselves for much longer than the short main story Pokémon games usually have.
But the Battle Tower is just more of the same... it barely adds anything to the experience.

Surely, BF's prizes are not going to interest everyone, but we did it mainly for the challenge. Besides, they certainly could have improved on that aspect, perhaps by adding stores like the ones from the Join Venue, Move Tutors like the ones from ORAS or even megastones as prize for beating the Frontier Brains. Gen 7 sort of did that and improved the battle point rewards, tho the battle facilities weren't exactly the greatest by any means.

Overall, my expectations were as low as possible and i most definetly didn't expect them to include the BF, much like i didn't expect them to add trainer customization and pokémon following you, but it sure would be nice considering we already have a version improving on that aspect. Not just when it comes to BF, but the postgame in general. Hopefully, even without the BF the postgame is still reasonable. If the 2021 remake were to have less postgame content than the 2008 third version, it would just seem like a fail to me at least in that regards.

That said this game can still be a short joyful experience even with a lackluster postgame, but as someone who doesn't buy switch games that often due to how pricey they are, i am prioritizing the ones that keep me playing for longer. But that is just me.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
i wasn't expecting the Frontier after OR/AS.

I'd personally rather have at least the Battle Factory in every game instead of a Battle Tower, though.

Getting to choose 3 random pokemon with random moves is a lot more fun then just "Battle until you lose"

You could always just catch random pokemon and train them.

Players seem to forget they can make their own challenges; it's literally how nuzlockes came to be. You don't have to wait for Game Freak or any other developer to do it. You can always do it yourself.

Vini310

To me, all the battle facilities (except the Battle Factory) are just glorified Survival modes.

Also, let's not forget that G4 Battle Frontier was incomplete (5 facilities VS. G3's 7 facilities), something tells me that even Game Freak tehmselves disliked the Battle Frontier.

And rebattle trainers is much better (at least there you gain Exp. and money).