• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I just wanna know if ILCA will have every legendary from previous games in BDSP like GF’s been doing since ORAS. It’s one of the things that’s been lingering in my mind regarding these games and out of curiosity, just wanting to know how they’ll implement that if they plan on it.

If anything, it'll be between Gens 1-4, and will likely be transfer-only from HOME.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Will people be able to get the Manaphy egg if they preordered a physical copy of the game? I ordered Brilliant Diamond from Best Buy back in June, but I don’t know if the gift’s only available for digital purchases

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Will people be able to get the Manaphy egg if they preordered a physical copy of the game? I ordered Brilliant Diamond from Best Buy back in June, but I don’t know if the gift’s only available for digital purchases
Most likely yes. They do this all the time as a free first month or two gift for all players with things like the Blazikenite Torchic from XY, Shiny Beldum with Metagrossite from ORAS, Muchlax with Snorlium Z from SM, Own Tempo Rockruff in USUM, and, most recently, GMax Meowth in SwSh.

The wording was near identical with GMax Meowth yet everyone was able to get it regardless of if they had a digital copy. Only requirement is having the game in the time span given (and Internet access).

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ah right, there was one last thing that slipped my mind: What will they do with the exp share.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Ah right, there was one last thing that slipped my mind: What will they do with the exp share.
Think it may still be in its modern form. ORAS retained the key item form of the Exp Share rather than revert it to its pre-Gen 6 state.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm still wondering how they'll be handling shiny hunting. I'm hoping it's not a return to Diamond and Pearl's version of it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm still wondering how they'll be handling shiny hunting. I'm hoping it's not a return to Diamond and Pearl's version of it.
You know what? I never got a chain longer than 8 using that method. That was annoying. SwSh has the right idea with chaining being determined on how many of the same species you’ve encountered in total.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You know what? I never got a chain longer than 8 using that method. That was annoying. SwSh has the right idea with chaining being determined on how many of the same species you’ve encountered in total.
Yea the longest chain I got was 42 on a good day. Definitely. And add in having to have the game on and not shutting it off iirc. Agreed.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
You will get a Manaphy Egg no matter what version of the game you get.

Check this webpage:
https://diamondpearl.pokemon.com/en-us/shop/manphy-bonus/
But it will limited to pre-orders? That will mean you need to trade in pokemon home or hope for a distribution later. Isle of Armor gave players Max Soup which meant a lot of G-Max Meowth G-Max Pikachu and G-Max Eeevee weren't rare anymore even when events and pre-orders were over. Zeraora was limited and the Zarude event was quite a mess in my opinion. Outside of that mostly transferred mythicals that were compatible were the second rarest category.

Still Manaphy and breeding for getting Phione are among the most forgettable legendaries in my book. Just a jellyfish. In the end it's only good for a completion entry.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Yea the longest chain I got was 42 on a good day. Definitely. And add in having to have the game on and not shutting it off iirc. Agreed.
That sounds terrifying. I want my SOS battles back. That was the only regular shiny hunting method (ie not breeding and soft resetting) I liked, and got results from.

PsychoLogical

That sounds terrifying. I want my SOS battles back. That was the only regular shiny hunting method (ie not breeding and soft resetting) I liked, and got results from.
That brings me back, was hunting for a 1% Salamence SOS encounter and accidentally got a Shiny Bagon instead :]

Teravolt

That brings me back, was hunting for a 1% Salamence SOS encounter and accidentally got a Shiny Bagon instead :]
I caught a level 15 Salamence in a Beast Ball that way. Her name is Sally, and I transferred her to SwSh. I have an interest in low-level fully evolved Pokémon.

Phillies

SOS battles were great until your shiny called another shiny and you had to KO one of them. That happened to me a couple of times and was really annoying. I wouldn't mind the return of hordes. I had a lot of luck with those. Maybe mix it up where the hordes can occasionally come with an evolved form similar to SOS battles.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
But it will limited to pre-orders? That will mean you need to trade in pokemon home or hope for a distribution later. Isle of Armor gave players Max Soup which meant a lot of G-Max Meowth G-Max Pikachu and G-Max Eeevee weren't rare anymore even when events and pre-orders were over. Zeraora was limited and the Zarude event was quite a mess in my opinion. Outside of that mostly transferred mythicals that were compatible were the second rarest category.

Still Manaphy and breeding for getting Phione are among the most forgettable legendaries in my book. Just a jellyfish. In the end it's only good for a completion entry.
I would really doubt that, and given the context given, I would say no.
If they were to do that, they would probably give you a code in the packaging, rather than have it available via mystery gift.

Also, I think Phione and Manaphy are more based on sea angels.

Teravolt

SOS battles were great until your shiny called another shiny and you had to KO one of them. That happened to me a couple of times and was really annoying. I wouldn't mind the return of hordes. I had a lot of luck with those. Maybe mix it up where the hordes can occasionally come with an evolved form similar to SOS battles.
That only happened once when I was trying to get a shiny Pikachu to get A-Raichu.

PsychoLogical

Never happened to me. Prob cause I’m too impatient. Truth to be told, I only did SOS battles to hunt for SOS exclusive mons for trading to fill the dex lmao and got two accidental shinies for it :p

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I doubt it. It looks like certain features have now become staples of the series, including the current shiny method.

I'm starting to realize Let's GO set the stage for what all Pokémon games are going to be like from hereon out.

Last edited:

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I just wanna know if ILCA will have every legendary from previous games in BDSP like GF’s been doing since ORAS. It’s one of the things that’s been lingering in my mind regarding these games and out of curiosity, just wanting to know how they’ll implement that if they plan on it.
TBH that's something I'm less worried about, besides the event only pokemon. It would be nice to get another darkrai for instance, especially if they do the event one with roar of time and spacial rend.
But I've got all the copies I need of pretty much every non-event legendary from gens I-VII. I've got like 4 Xerneases already. I wouldn't be surprised if SwSh did a big series of events near the end of the generation either.

I was kinda happy when somone pointed out that Sentret and Numel are in the game despite not being in the platinum dex. Camerupt was already wild in the Battle Zone. But Sentret was poke radar.