• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
She'd be from Unova if anything, since she has an American accent in the original script.
Have her come from Galar. Ties in with the generation better and they can make her reveal that she was Opal's apprentice.

TRNRLogan

I want to play it already
Especially with the walking Pokemon
R the contests being handled differently from the originals? And is so how?
Completely different gameplay. Looks like a rhythm game.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You still use moves. From the look of it we got, it looks like you select a move, then you enter a rhythm sequence to sort of battle with the other Pokemon? Something like that.

From what we've seen so far, I'd say it looks expanded upon rather than changed.
Contests sort of needed a reboot just like ORAS. The Dress Up portion can’t really be done if the Switch is in docked mode and using the touchscreen in tabletop mode is extremely awkward.

janejane6178

Contests sort of needed a reboot just like ORAS. The Dress Up portion can’t really be done if the Switch is in docked mode and using the touchscreen in tabletop mode is extremely awkward.
I dont understand why they cant make battle contests like in the anime? It could be nice

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I dont understand why they cant make battle contests like in the anime? It could be nice
I think that these games are trying to do that in a way. The move showcase portion seems to be battle based just like the anime’s second round of contests.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
But who u battle with?
I dont understand if its just a rhym game or it has something more to it ?
I’m guessing you show off one move with each of the AI trainers in the Contest where they try to dodge your attacks and you dodge theirs by playing a rhythm mini game by pressing buttons or even waving the Joy Cons in certain directions if using motion controls.

janejane6178

I’m guessing you show off one move with each of the AI trainers in the Contest where they try to dodge your attacks and you dodge theirs by playing a rhythm mini game by pressing buttons or even waving the Joy Cons in certain directions if using motion controls.
Oh nice
And thats the only round? Is there appeal round?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh nice
And thats the only round? Is there appeal round?
I think that the battle thing we saw is the appeal stage as the trailer confirmed that the dancing rhythm mini game is back. After that we saw a Pikachu facing away from the camera and looking at another Pokémon on stage in a battle set up. Pikachu then used Return and the text that pops up whenever an attack is used is the same as a normal battle. That’s really all we know about Contests right now.

janejane6178

I think that the battle thing we saw is the appeal stage as the trailer confirmed that the dancing rhythm mini game is back. After that we saw a Pikachu facing away from the camera and looking at another Pokémon on stage in a battle set up. Pikachu then used Return and the text that pops up whenever an attack is used is the same as a normal battle. That’s really all we know about Contests right now.
Thankyou
So far it sounds good

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
One thing that I think will change from the original Diamond and Pearl are the Gym Leader/E4 Teams.
Assuming Pokemon like Houndoom are part of the dex, I think we'll see those appropriate changes.
I think some of Platinum will bleed over into the remakes in other ways, like maybe we'll see the Distortion World again.

Julia Artemis

Honestly I'm starting to really warm up to the idea that in post game we are able to dex radar post gen 4 pokemon like how you could dexnav gen 4 and 5 pokemon that obviously never appeared in the ORAS dex. I really want to use Toucannon and Eelektross again. Especially my best eel boy

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Honestly I'm starting to really warm up to the idea that in post game we are able to dex radar post gen 4 pokemon like how you could dexnav gen 4 and 5 pokemon that obviously never appeared in the ORAS dex. I really want to use Toucannon and Eelektross again. Especially my best eel boy
I don't think that any post-Gen 4 Pokemon will show up here.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
All of the pokemon that weren’t in Sword and Shield will be locked to the postgame of BDSP (Tropius, Leavanny, Pyroar, Swanna, etc.)

Akashin

I don't think that any post-Gen 4 Pokemon will show up here.
Hard to say. Obviously the games aren't as much a 1:1 remake as initially indicated, so it's not impossible. Sylveon will almost surely be in, and I half-expect Mr. Rime to make the cut once connectivity to Home opens up, unless they block Galarian Mr. Mime.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I know it's a different company but it's worth mentioning that Sylveon and all the gen 4 evolutions and baby forms made it into PMD Rescue Team DX, a remake of a gen 3 game that was mostly true to the original. At the very minimum I'm expecting Sylveon to be added to the Sinnoh dex.

Pokemon Power

I know it's a different company but it's worth mentioning that Sylveon and all the gen 4 evolutions and baby forms made it into PMD Rescue Team DX, a remake of a gen 3 game that was mostly true to the original. At the very minimum I'm expecting Sylveon to be added to the Sinnoh dex.
And Riolu and Lucario. Don't forget that.

janejane6178

Idk if we get post gen 4 Pokemon cuz the games seem self contained from the trailers. Hope to be wrong about this