• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Julia Artemis

Also we've gotten post gen Pokemon in every remake since FRLG in the post game. Exception was LGPE but people were very annoyed at that and bet they don't want to fall in that trap again, I really like that game but that post game was awful and a huge error to do that

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Also we've gotten post gen Pokemon in every remake since FRLG in the post game. Exception was LGPE but people were very annoyed at that and bet they don't want to fall in that trap again, I really like that game but that post game was awful and a huge error to do that
I agree but in the trailers we only saw gen 1-4 Pokemon. And they said the remakes r faithul to the originals
And they said it wasnt compatible with swsh no? Why?

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There is more than one way to be “faithful” to the originals, and perhaps faithful doesn’t mean that the games won’t have plenty of new additions.

Last edited:

Akashin

I agree but in the trailers we only saw gen 1-4 Pokemon. And they said the remakes r faithul to the originals

Trailers don't generally show Pokemon that aren't in the core Pokedex for that game, and unless I'm misremembering, no pre-release material for ORAS alluded to any additions (post-Gen III evolutions not counting) either.

And yes, they did say these will be faithful remakes. But then they added Customization (to some extent), changed up Contests and expanded on what can be done Underground, so clearly that wasn't to be taken as literally as we initially thought. Adding post-Gen IV Pokemon in some capacity (I doubt as part of the Regional Dex, but perhaps within the Battle Zone and other post-game areas) is no more drastic a change than any of that.

janejane6178

Trailers don't generally show Pokemon that aren't in the core Pokedex for that game, and unless I'm misremembering, no pre-release material for ORAS alluded to any additions (post-Gen III evolutions not counting) either.

And yes, they did say these will be faithful remakes. But then they added Customization (to some extent), changed up Contests and expanded on what can be done Underground, so clearly that wasn't to be taken as literally as we initially thought. Adding post-Gen IV Pokemon in some capacity (I doubt as part of the Regional Dex, but perhaps within the Battle Zone and other post-game areas) is no more drastic a change than any of that.
Well I hope u r right

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hard to say. Obviously the games aren't as much a 1:1 remake as initially indicated, so it's not impossible. Sylveon will almost surely be in, and I half-expect Mr. Rime to make the cut once connectivity to Home opens up, unless they block Galarian Mr. Mime.
Remakes aren't guaranteed to add in the most recent Eeveelutions, as only ORAS did that.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

If I remember correctly, none of the trailers for HGSS showed Gen 3 or Gen 4 pokemon either (or the inclusion of move-based Sinnoh evolutions to the Johto Dex), even though you were able to use them from the very beginning. Yes, you couldn't catch them all, but they were coded in and they weren't get locked out like non Kanto pokemon were in FRLG.

It's better to go into BDSP assuming that there will be some form of Dexit since I'm pretty sure Game Freak said that's how pokemon games will be handled moving forward, but we have to wait and see how they'll handle Gen 5-8 pokemon for these games

Last edited:

Akashin

Remakes aren't guaranteed to add in the most recent Eeveelutions, as only ORAS did that.
HGSS didn't exclude Glaceon and Leafeon; it only excluded the means by which Eevee evolved into them. While that may effectively be the same thing, they don't have any similarly easy way to exclude Sylveon from this game. So unless they're going the FRLG route of just straight up cutting later Pokemon out for the sole purpose of excluding Sylveon (there aren't any other post-Gen IV evolutions to exclude, evolutions of Galarian Forms notwithstanding), I don't see any particular reason to doubt its inclusion.

janejane6178

If I remember correctly, none of the trailers for HGSS showed Gen 3 or Gen 4 pokemon either (or the inclusion of move-based Sinnoh evolutions to the Johto Dex), even though you were able to use them from the very beginning. Yes, you couldn't catch them all, but they were coded in and they didn't get locked out like non Kanto pokemon did in FRLG.

t's better to go into BDSP assuming that there will be some form of Dexit since I'm pretty sure Game Freak said that's how pokemon games will be handled moving iforward, but we have to wait and see how they'll handle Gen 5-8 pokemon for these games
I hope u r right cuz it would be nice that to revisit Sinnoh, a region Ive played 1000 times in the last 15 years, with new Pokemon that werent there before. Like with ORAS (perfect remakes)

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
HGSS didn't exclude Glaceon and Leafeon; it only excluded the means by which Eevee evolved into them. While that may effectively be the same thing, they don't have any similarly easy way to exclude Sylveon from this game. So unless they're going the FRLG route of just straight up cutting later Pokemon out for the sole purpose of excluding Sylveon (there aren't any other post-Gen IV evolutions to exclude, evolutions of Galarian Forms notwithstanding), I don't see any particular reason to doubt its inclusion.
To say they don't have an easy way isn't necessarily true. They could simply remove fairy type, reset typings back to gen 4 and do it that way. Obviously that kind of move wouldn't sit well with the vast majority but it would work. And would also mean less programming with the type interactions.
And whilst I'd like the return of non fairy Togekiss, I would like to see as many pokemon included as possible.

Autobot N

To say they don't have an easy way isn't necessarily true. They could simply remove fairy type, reset typings back to gen 4 and do it that way. Obviously that kind of move wouldn't sit well with the vast majority but it would work. And would also mean less programming with the type interactions.
And whilst I'd like the return of non fairy Togekiss, I would like to see as many pokemon included as possible.
Fairy is already in the game

Akashin

You and I have different definitions of what constitutes a simple change.

In any case, as Autobot N noted, we already know Fairy is still a type in this game.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
You and I have different definitions of what constitutes a simple change.

In any case, as Autobot N noted, we already know Fairy is still a type in this game.
It wouldn't count as a change as it wasn't in the original.
It already being in was never my point. More how it could've been approached had they chose to.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
If I recall correctly, Espeon and Umbreon were also usable in Fire Red and Leaf Green. It's just that without the day/night mechanic, the means to evolve Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon were unavailable. However, they could still be traded in. (This was not possible until Pokémon Colosseum, however.) Not only were they available, they had unique Pokédex entries, and the same goes for Leafeon and Glaceon in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I think a better example in Fire Red and Leaf Green is Crobat. You are restricted from evolving your Golbat into Crobat despite there being a happiness value--until the postgame, upon which if it's happy enough, it will evolve the next time it levels up. The same thing happens with any other Pokémon that evolves via happiness, like Chansey into Blissey, as well as Baby Pokémon as a nursery becomes available in the posrtgame Sevii Islands and gives you full access to all breeding mechanics at the time.

Meanwhile, Magmortar is available in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but the Magmarizer--the item needed to evolve Magmar--is found only on Cinnabar, preventing you from using it until the postgame. Similarly, the Electirizer used to evolve Electabuzz into Electivire is found in Cerulean Cave (one of the last areas in the game), the Dubious Disc used to evolve Porygon2 into Porygon-Z is in an area requiring Rock Climb (whose functionality comes from defeating Blue in the postgame), the Razor Fang used to evolve Gligar into Gliscor and Razor Claw used to evolve Sneasel into Weavile is obtained at the Battle Frontier, etc. The Ancient Power ones were, to my knowledge, restricted in much the same way as happiness in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

With this pattern in mind, I think that in the case of Sylveon, you will be allowed to let Eevee learn Fairy-type moves before the end credits roll but will not be able to evolve it into Sylveon until afterwards, once the blocks get lifted.

Honestly I'm starting to really warm up to the idea that in post game we are able to dex radar post gen 4 pokemon like how you could dexnav gen 4 and 5 pokemon that obviously never appeared in the ORAS dex. I really want to use Toucannon and Eelektross again. Especially my best eel boy
I really want to have Minior be on a team again. Minior's so fun. It's cute and kind of reminds me of a Kinder Surprise Egg.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Honestly I'm starting to really warm up to the idea that in post game we are able to dex radar post gen 4 pokemon like how you could dexnav gen 4 and 5 pokemon that obviously never appeared in the ORAS dex. I really want to use Toucannon and Eelektross again. Especially my best eel boy
That is a dreamie idea. Splendid