• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Holding out a little bit of hope for Sylveon anyway tbh. I still think it’s possible, even if it’s looking a unlikely now.
I think it will be added if the Pt Dex is being used. Evolving Eevee into Sylveon isn’t a hard thing for them to program into the remakes as it is currently just a High Friendship evolution with the added requirement that Eevee knows a Fairy move which isn’t too hard to get.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think it will be added if the Pt Dex is being used. Evolving Eevee into Sylveon isn’t a hard thing for them to program into the remakes as it is currently just a High Friendship evolution with the added requirement that Eevee knows a Fairy move which isn’t too hard to get.
I don't think it's likely. There's now an even more likelier chance that all Gen 5 and onwards Pokemon, including Sylveon, will be excluded.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
I don't mean to be all "five stages of grief" here but prior experiences (ex: Nintendo of America referring to the Three Mage Sisters from Kirby Star Allies as a "family" on a website when the original JP script made it clear they were sisters in the religious sense along with interviews with Kumazaki and even optional text in the English version alluded as such) have got me hesitant to take the words of Nintendo's branches as gospel.

BCVM22

Maybe it's accurate, maybe it's not, but there's ample reason not to get worked up over a deleted Facebook post from a foreign Nintendo subsidiary as the sole source on something in dispute. I know some people love to get themselves worked up as a matter of course and it can't be stopped, but still.

Autobot N

Maybe it's accurate, maybe it's not, but there's ample reason not to get worked up over a deleted Facebook post from a foreign Nintendo subsidiary as the sole source on something in dispute. I know some people love to get themselves worked up as a matter of course and it can't be stopped, but still.
Yeah. It's certainly possible (and not unlikely) that BDSP only has the first 493, but I don't think this is proof of anything

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah. It's certainly possible (and not unlikely) that BDSP only has the first 493, but I don't think this is proof of anything
Whether or not Gen 5+ pokemon are in the game, I'm 100% positive they'll be legally unavailable upon launch so players would start off with a more authentic Sinnoh experience (which is usually the case when most pokemon games first come out). However, I can either see them being transferable once Home connectivity comes out or if we get DLC for the games.

Last edited:

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
If true, I wonder if the fairy type will not be present in the game? Since it wasn't made yet.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
It's already in, they showed it in the trailer
Ah, well I feel like they're not going to have that many fairly types in the game then. I may have missed some, but only 4 evolution lines are fairy type in the Platinum dex. Wonder if they'll turn others into fairy type.

Captain Jigglypuff

Ah, well I feel like they're not going to have that many fairly types in the game then. I may have missed some, but only 4 evolution lines are fairy type in the Platinum dex. Wonder if they'll turn others into fairy type.
I counted five lines. Six if Sylveon is added. You’ve got the Mime, Clefairy, Marill, Ralts, And Togepi lines.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont have problem with the route of the artstyle anymore, or not updating the clothes of the characters etc.. but not including post gen 4 Pokemon is a bad decision imo.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

BDSP has shown to have 493 Pokemon with the gen nat dex in it.

Meaning 7 lines, plus Mawile and Sylveon (if in) will be available in game. Via normal routes, Pokemon Hideaways or Transfer possibly.

20-21 Fairy Types total.

Captain Jigglypuff

Also Rapidash and Ninetales if regional variants are in this game. It's really not that bad amount of fairy Pokemon, 493 pokemon is not a bad amount anyway.
I have a theory that the foreign Dex entries feature will be replaced by regional form entries with Raichu being the one you get first replacing the German Magikarp trade.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Also Rapidash and Ninetales if regional variants are in this game. It's really not that bad amount of fairy Pokemon, 493 pokemon is not a bad amount anyway.

It might just be me, but I don't see them putting Alolan or Galarian Regional Pokémon in Sinnoh for no good reason - or at least not as regular options during a playthrough unless you trade them in from a file that's already at the PostGame for example.

I mean regular Ponyta is the DPt-dex. That's the part I get. So I assume the speculation is that there might be an optional trade for the Galarian-form somewhere in the game? I don't expect them to be wild for obvious reasons (mostly the 'Galarian'-part).

I expect Sylveon to be usable throughout the game. I don't expect them to pull a FR/LG on us. Stuff like Alolan Raichu, Galarian Ponyta I see as optionable dex-filler mini-quests/events after you've completed the game.

At the end of the day, I just don't care enough.. The only ones that really appealed to me were Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Marowak. I like the idea of Regional Evolutions a lot more. It completely baffles me that one would assume that the same evolutionary step would occur when the basic stage has changed so much. Galarian Meowth into Perrserker makes much more sense then Alolan Meowth into Alolan Persian. Galarian Slowbro and Slowking might as well just be an entirely different set of pokémon altogether in my eyes (Slowdude, Slowmage)..

Rant/over.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It might just be me, but I don't see them putting Alolan or Galarian Regional Pokémon in Sinnoh for no good reason - or at least not as regular options during a playthrough unless you trade them in from a file that's already at the PostGame for example.

I mean regular Ponyta is the DPt-dex. That's the part I get. So I assume the speculation is that there might be an optional trade for the Galarian-form somewhere in the game? I don't expect them to be wild for obvious reasons (mostly the 'Galarian'-part).

I expect Sylveon to be usable throughout the game. I don't expect them to pull a FR/LG on us. Stuff like Alolan Raichu, Galarian Ponyta I see as optionable dex-filler mini-quests/events after you've completed the game.

At the end of the day, I just don't care enough.. The only ones that really appealed to me were Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Marowak. I like the idea of Regional Evolutions a lot more. It completely baffles me that one would assume that the same evolutionary step would occur when the basic stage has changed so much. Galarian Meowth into Perrserker makes much more sense then Alolan Meowth into Alolan Persian. Galarian Slowbro and Slowking might as well just be an entirely different set of pokémon altogether in my eyes (Slowdude, Slowmage)..

Rant/over.
I'm not as upset as most people, but I can see why they're annoyed. One reason is that they want to have a different playthrough experience from the original DPPt games, and for some people using pokemon from the newer generations is often times the best way to scratch that itch (it's honestly one of the best features of HGSS & ORAS). Another reason is that one of the newer generation pokemon may have become their new favorites, so they might want to travel through the next mainline game with the pokemon they've grown so attached to.