• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Just to make sure I get this right, was there a deadline for when you need to sign up to the Newsletter to get a code for the Manaphy egg? I've had the Newsletter since the Zarude event, but it's been a while since I've checked the settings.
The current deadline is September 25. And the distribution is shiny Celebi and Dada Zarude.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
How do we know we're signed up? I'm almost 100% certain I was signed up for the newsletter when they sent out regular Zarude but I never got an email
you go into the trainer club account on the pokemon website and in your account settings, there is an option that asks if you want emails/newsletters and events sent to you, make sure its checked.

People even though they had it checked still missed out on Zarude originally.

Its faulty.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Home won’t Support BD/SP and Legends until sometime in 2022. So I would believe that current Updates doesn‘t have Anything to do with the new Games.
Hopefully at least after BD/SP is out so people can enjoy their teams right away. I really want to make a playthrough with a team of all of the sinnoh starters early on.

Doesn't seem fair for the Gyms to have a such a advantage but back in day those games weren't easy either. For those who remember Commander Mars and her ridiculously underleveled Purugly.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hopefully at least after BD/SP is out so people can enjoy their teams right away. I really want to make a playthrough with a team of all of the sinnoh starters early on.

Doesn't seem fair for the Gyms to have a such a advantage but back in day those games weren't easy either. For those who remember Commander Mars and her ridiculously underleveled Purugly.
The way the Pokémon Presents in August was worded, it sounds like there will be one big update in February to March of 2022 that will integrate all three of the Sinnoh games all at once. However, if you want to have all of the SInnoh starters, you theoretically should be able to trade for them, as the starters will be hot stuff to trade. (You may want to soft-reset to get a female starter and wait until you get to the Day Care on Route 209 so you can breed extra starters to trade off though.)

Pokemon Power

you go into the trainer club account on the pokemon website and in your account settings, there is an option that asks if you want emails/newsletters and events sent to you, make sure its checked.

People even though they had it checked still missed out on Zarude originally.

Its faulty.
I know right. I'm having an email chat with customer service directly to make sure I get it this time.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The way the Pokémon Presents in August was worded, it sounds like there will be one big update in February to March of 2022 that will integrate all three of the Sinnoh games all at once. However, if you want to have all of the Sinnoh starters, you theoretically should be able to trade for them, as the starters will be hot stuff to trade. (You may want to soft-reset to get a female starter and wait until you get to the Day Care on Route 209 so you can breed extra starters to trade off though.)
Here's a list of what i already own in HOME and can transfer. I'm considering breeding Snorlax and use home to transfer a Munchlax just so i don't have to go honey tree hunting. and already have all the ones that were exclusive to pokemon pearl.

Monferno
Prinplup
Grotle
Fennekin
Greninja
Jigglypuff
Chespin
Oshawott
Tangela
Chimchar
Gible
Pikachu
Cranidos
Beldum
Stunky
Metang
Shieldon
Gliscor
Glameow
Porygon-Z
Dratini

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

(You may want to soft-reset to get a female starter and wait until you get to the Day Care on Route 209 so you can breed extra starters to trade off though.)
You can also catch a few version exclusives and rare pokémon from honey trees & hideaways since people will more likely trade them for starters too

Red and Blue

If they include the National Dex looks like I don't need to worry about the Shiny Charm. Unless they give it to you for just competing the regional Dex

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I still think we'll have a few post gen 4 Pokemon post game, with Sylveon being available throughout the entire game. Like how they included Johto Pokemon in firered/leafgreen.
493 Pokemon is much better than 151 (in Let's Go) though if there aren't any post gen 4 Pokemon.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
I still think that we’re going to get the original 493 pokémon during the main game with all of the currently missing pokemon in Gen 8 being available in the postgame.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

Yeah that's probably the case and we get the shiny charm after completing the regional dex. But in the 4th gen games we got PokeRadar to get pokemon we couldn't get defore and ditto with PokeNav in ORAS. So until proven otherwise I'm guessing we're getting that. Plus it's a bummer that some Pokemon are just stuck in Home and will be until gen 9, maybe

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member