• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
This Reddit post showed BDSP’s symbol (like the Kalos pentagon); it’s a triangle with a circle on the inside and 3 circles on the outside.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/psqpqx
Being unfamiliar with the Sinnoh games, anybody know the significance of this?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
For anyone still doubting that any of the new pokémon released after the original Sinnoh games won’t be in the remakes, that’s still not a good argument. Even if they’re confined to the postgame, the Sinnoh remakes should still include all of the currently missing pokémon that weren’t in Sword and Shield.
They also have Legends Arceus to include some of those Pokemon, if not all of them.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
You are a wonderful person. Thankyou for giving me hope <3

NintendoDirects hardly ever focus on Pokémon. Those often get ignored and dumped into a PokémonDirect.

Maybe this will feature something on BDSP, but it will likely feature other titles more. I mean you never see a Zelda- and/or Mario-Direct because those franchises always get included in these general NintendoDirects.

janejane6178

NintendoDirects hardly ever focus on Pokémon. Those often get ignored and dumped into a PokémonDirect.

Maybe this will feature something on BDSP, but it will likely feature other titles more. I mean you never see a Zelda- and/or Mario-Direct because those franchises always get included in these general NintendoDirects.
How many hours is it from now?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Honestly, I doubt any form of DLC for this game. We're getting Legends in a few months after this releases.

Besides, they can just add the Distortion World and Charon (or any other supplemental character they want to add) to Giratina's story post-game.
Do you think Legends will be getting DLC in its place?

It's not so much that they're ignored as it is The Pokémon Company is legally a separate entity from Nintendo. (Nintendo is a co-owner of it but not the sole owner.) They get the last word on what to do with the franchise. If they want it on a separate video, that's how it's going to be presented.

My best guess as to why it's done this way is because the presence of Pokémon as a franchise differs from the presence of Nintendo in general in different parts of the world. There are places where Pokémon is quite prominent but Nintendo is near invisible, such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East. In those regions, a Nintendo Direct isn't going to get much attention, but a Pokémon Presents would. (As to how that can be the case where people don't care much about Nintendo but eat up Pokémon stuff, most such regions have a focus on the mobile games, the anime, and the card game, though there are a few areas, like Russia and Brazil, where Nintendo systems are bought solely for Pokémon games, with all other Nintendo system exclusives falling by the wayside. They don't care about Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, or anything else on Nintendo systems there. Just Pokémon.)

janejane6178

Do you think Legends will be getting DLC in its place?

It's not so much that they're ignored as it is The Pokémon Company is legally a separate entity from Nintendo. (Nintendo is a co-owner of it but not the sole owner.) They get the last word on what to do with the franchise. If they want it on a separate video, that's how it's going to be presented.

My best guess as to why it's done this way is because the presence of Pokémon as a franchise differs from the presence of Nintendo in general in different parts of the world. There are places where Pokémon is quite prominent but Nintendo is near invisible, such as Southeast Asia and the Middle East. In those regions, a Nintendo Direct isn't going to get much attention, but a Pokémon Presents would. (As to how that can be the case where people don't care much about Nintendo but eat up Pokémon stuff, most such regions have a focus on the mobile games, the anime, and the card game, though there are a few areas, like Russia and Brazil, where Nintendo systems are bought solely for Pokémon games, with all other Nintendo system exclusives falling by the wayside. They don't care about Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, or anything else on Nintendo systems there. Just Pokémon.)
Do u think wenight get BDSP news?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

In general, but Pokemon's been finding its way into general Directs more and more lately. I wouldn't absolutely count on Pokemon showing up tomorrow, but the possibility exists.