• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's amazing how little news we're getting for a game bound for release in less than two months.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's amazing how little news we're getting for a game bound for release in less than two months.
Welcome to Gen 8

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
At this point, all I’m hoping for is that we’ll be able to change our hair & eye colors after selecting our characters since I REALLY want to play as a red head (seeing as I am one :p ). Anything else is just a bonus for me

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There's a high chance of having BDSP news in the Direct, but I doubt it's anything major. Probably introducing the Poketch, Poffins, a few more Gym Leaders, Galactic Admins, and hopefully Looker.

Pretty sure that set up a few people with the wrong expectations..

It's just not the right time at the moment. In comparison, the next Spider-man movie comes out in December and we've only gotten a single trailer.. but knowing Marvel, this will ramp up in November and will be almost unbearable during December to the point where you want to actually dodge clips on Youtube ie.

Heck, Marvel's Eternals comes out November and it only had two trailers? The movie that's coming out in March has had zero trailers yet.

point being movies and games are not the same, but there's a parallel about when the real advertizing kicks in.

Not much to show it seems.

That's a very pessimistic way of looking at things...

Maxim

Beyond repair
So, there is this bonus for preordering the Double Pack in some select shops in France. You can get two of each Apricorn Balls in the game, among other goodies.
Why am I posting this, if the whole thing looks France-exclusive (didn't find any evidence of such bonus in other countries) and this forum isn't French, neither am I?

Well, this tells us one new thing about BDSP. The Apricorn Balls are in the game. They weren't in original DPPt, so I guess this is something (not a big thing, but always new content). Of course, this was predictable because the games are HOME-compatible (so, the Pokemon caught in these Balls may be transferred into the game - this also includes Dream and Beast Balls, though whether they will be legally obtainable as Bag items in BDSP remains to be seen), but at least we have it confirmed. Also, it seems unlikely to me that they would lock their availability only to one pre-release bonus in just one country (sounds unfair if you ask me), so probably either there will be similar giveaways in other countries too, or there might be some in-game way to get them as well. Time will tell, I guess.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's a very pessimistic way of looking at things...

More realistic than pessimistic. The game is being marketed as a faithful remake with a very similar artstyle and most of the changes shown so far have been minor QoL features whereas the only actual new content shown has been the Hideaways. They're probably not showing much because it's a copy/paste job and they don't have as much new stuff as remakes like HGSS and ORAS had.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
More realistic than pessimistic. The game is being marketed as a faithful remake with a very similar artstyle and most of the changes shown so far have been minor QoL features whereas the only actual new content shown has been the Hideaways. They're probably not showing much because it's a copy/paste job and they don't have as much new stuff as remakes like HGSS and ORAS had.
I love ur comments :D

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just remembered something. Please don't let Mindy the trainer with a Haunter holding a Everstone prank return in these remakes. :mad: It's even located really late game in Snowpoint City which makes it more annoying.

I'll be training a Gengar for transfer just in case that prank comes back.

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

I just remember something. Please don't let Mindy the trainer with a Haunter holding a Everstone prank return in these remakes. :mad: It's even located really late game in Snowpoint City which makes it more annoying.

I'll be training a Gengar for transfer just in case that prank comes back.

Though in the post game you could catch a level 16 Gengar so that kind of makes up for it, sort of.....

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Though in the post game you could catch a level 16 Gengar so that kind of makes up for it, sort of.....
If you had the GBA games that is. Which ofc are now no longer sold and authentic ones are now notoriously expensive and hard to find.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Do you guys think the game will have Swarms again? Like how we could catch Phanpy that way.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I know why he said it, no need to explain.

However: "because it's a c/p-job, etc"..

That's your speculation at this point and not a fact. So you're validating his pessimism with an argument based on 'realism really' based on your own speculation (based on the minimal new features shown thus far). Which is fair, but not based on realism (based on facts), but on based on what's shown.

To be honest, the whole hideouts thing took everybody out of left field. Marketing only really starts when release it right around the corner. While I'm not expecting much, there might be some more things hidden from us yet.

Also, Legends is the new shiny concept that they don't want to drown out as of yet.. so it makes sense to keep the bDsP-reveals demure..

Maxim

Beyond repair
I don't see how the content of the game is an obstacle in creating pre-release hype.
It's not like the pre-release coverage of previous remakes was that centered around new content. Most of pre-release stuff was new artworks and presentation of familliar characters, plots and mechanics. Some new changes were highlighted, sure, but they never made a majority of revealed info (maybe ORAS was a bit different because its pre-release coverage was mostly centered around new Mega Evolution forms, but for the rest of remakes this is totally true). Also, the game is marketed at both old players that remember the originals and the new ones that don't (even more so for the latter, I would say), so the fact that the game comprises mostly of ported old features doesn't make that much of a difference for them.

And there is still a plenty of content to be revealed, such as Poketch, Pal Park or GTS - we know that those things are in the game, but they can't work exactly the same due to various technical reasons. There must be some twist to them, just like in the case of Underground.

I think this suspicious silence has more to do with the fact that the game is developed by ILCA, rather than Game Freak, so it's not treated as seriously by Nintendo/TPC authorities as a new GF game would be (I expect Legends Arceus to get more pre-release hype, although it has a little more time for that). Also, some people seem to believe that Nintendo is afraid that too much hype around Pokemon could "cannibalize" Metroid Prime 4 that comes out on October 8th and is heavily marketed as a big release. I don't believe in this theory that much, but who knows what's on their minds. Upcoming weeks will show if get more BDSP/LA news after the release of MP4.

Last edited: