• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Last edited:

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
It’s true, but it’s only for people who preorder the game through Amazon
bro i preordered them from gamestop like two (for Pearl) and five (for Diamond) months ago…

i love apricorn balls :(

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I don't see any new forms... But I can see the possibility of new phases (similar to Solgaleo and Lunala) for Dialga and Palkia while performing their signature moves while holding their respective orbs...

I feel bad for the starters though...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
They already have those. They do it every time they use their sig moves in the movies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
DP was hard because it seriously was harsh on level grinding, and it didn't help that Cynthia's team was a gauntlet itself.

These remakes will be considerably easier if they give players an Audino-like method to level up quickly, though...and come with an Ice-type move at the ready.
No no that is not true the Johto games are harsh with grinding and to think Sinnoh was bad at that is false no matter what!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I can confirm this as it took me so long to get a team ready to beat the Elite Four just so I could get a Murkrow that will have Prankster. It's so weird and stupid that it was only catchable in Kanto.
I nevertheless understood why so many of the new Pokémon introduced in Gen II were found only in Kanto or near it. Houndour is another Johto Pokemon found only in Kanto.

Julia Artemis

Gen 2 had a similar issue of not enough fire Pokemon before the post game if you didn't pick Cyndaquil. Even worse you couldn't evolve Growlithe until Kanto. It was such a dumb decision. So I had to use a Ursaring with Fire Punch as my pseudo fire Pokemon which kind of worked. Yay Rest Sleep Talk. Honestly excited to transfer it eventually

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The release date for BDSP is close to a month away. We’re probably getting at least two more trailers full of new information this month followed by the usual game coverage starting November 19th on the main site.
U think this month or the beginning of November?

Autobot N

The release date for BDSP is close to a month away. We’re probably getting at least two more trailers full of new information this month followed by the usual game coverage starting November 19th on the main site.
I doubt that. My guess is one trailer this month and 1 trailer next month