• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Most likely at least the first 493 that were in DPPT. We'll see if get gen 5-8 Pokemon that definitely hasn't been confirmed
Sylveon will most likely be in the games if the remakes use the Pt Dex and possibly Mr Rime depending how early we get NPC regional form trading.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Sylveon will most likely be in the games if the remakes use the Pt Dex and possibly Mr Rime depending how early we get NPC regional form trading.
That could be nice to see Sylveon.....
It will be annoying of them to just "forget" that Eevee can evolve into Sylveon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That could be nice to see Sylveon.....
It will be annoying of them to just "forget" that Eevee can evolve into Sylveon.
Agreed. I get why Espeon and Umbreon weren’t obtainable in FRLG with no internal clock and HGSS had no areas that could evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon. Sylveon is easy to program into the game as it’s now just a Max Friendship evolution with the added condition that Eevee knows a Fairy type move.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I like replaying DP every now and then and its already been a year since I last played it.
But I am stopping my self from doing so since BDSP are being released next month and its 99 % the same games..

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If they use the standard Sinnoh Dex with no edits then Mime Jr. line, Azurill line, Ralts line, & Togepi line would be the only fairy types. Just as restrictive as the fire type. I would expect some small edits to balance the game.
I can see Azumarill & Togekiss being on A LOT of let’s plays and BDSP meta teams because of this

ShadowForce720

I don't. I expect this game to be restricted to just the 493 that existed at the time of the OG DP's release.
All remakes so far have had some additions to the Dex. So since BDSP is more in line with the traditional remakes(like FRLG, HSSS, and ORAS) it will likely contain at least some of gen 5-8 Pokémon that are specifically tied to existing gen 1-4 Pokémon.

Although they might limit the gens 5-8 mon to being available in the post game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All remakes so far have had some additions to the Dex. So since BDSP is more in line with the traditional remakes(like FRLG, HSSS, and ORAS) it will likely contain at least some of gen 5-8 Pokémon that are specifically tied to existing gen 1-4 Pokémon.

FRLG were the only remakes not to include newer Pokémon in the Dex until the post game which makes sense for some of them and having no Baby Pokémon until the post game made sense as there was no way to breed until the Sevii Islands.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Post game, maybe. In the main game, the dex has remained relatively stagnant aside from HGSS and ORAS adding in cross gen evos. I suspect that they don't really want to add new Pokemon to the main game because they think it would mess with the nostalgia. ORAS especially refusing to significantly expand its dex sticks out like a sore thumb when third versions at the time such as Platinum, BW2, and USUM were more than happy to.

So for BDSP, I strongly suspect it'll just be Platinum's 210 + Sylveon and maybe Mr. Rime in the main game and then some extras thrown in in the post game. We already know that some Pokemon outside of that range exist in the game (we've already seen extra Pokemon such as Numel, Slugma, and Jigglypuff in trailers), but we don't know that we'll be able to catch them in the main game and I suspect we won't.

Orphalesion

I really hope we get
If they use the standard Sinnoh Dex with no edits then Mime Jr. line, Azurill line, Ralts line, & Togepi line would be the only fairy types. Just as restrictive as the fire type. I would expect some small edits to balance the game.

If we don't get more Fairy Types than that I really hope we get Togepi during the main storyline. Fairy is my favourite type, so I want at least one of them on my team, but I'm not all that much of a fan of Mr.Mime, Azurill or Guardevoir...so Togekiss would be my only option.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Clefairy line is also in the DPPt Dex. They are really the only other Fairy types in the DP Dex other than the Mimes.

Orphalesion

The Clefairy line is also in the DPPt Dex. They are really the only other Fairy types in the DP Dex other than the Mimes.
Clefairy?
Well, Clefairy would at least be better for me than Azurill, Mr.Mime or Guardevoir...though I'd still prefer Togekiss
How soon can you get Clefairy in Sinnoh?