• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Julia Artemis

Being single use is annoying but at least you can get more of the TMs. I guess not surprised but given what we saw with the better moves being TR's in SWSH I guess shouldn't be shocked. Also still wanting to see official word on the Dex in this game and whether it's around 450. Slightly disappointed if true but still far better than the in game Dex in DP

LuWisXD

IDK if this has been known but I'm glad abilities are in this game.
Really sad about the underground not having capture the flag and Im guessing the traps. It was fun playing catch with my friends and having them fall for traps. good times XD

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
When will we start seeing datamines and leaks? I'm most excited for the new music and potentially new Pokémon in the game if any more than just Gen 4 and down. I've always been pro datamines

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Not super excited about TMs being single use again, but as long as they not as difficult or expensive to obtain as they were in the originals I won’t mind.

Now the only thing I want to know is if we can change our hair & eye colors outside of the four base models or if customization in BDSP will be on the same level as Let’s Go

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
As long as there’s an easy way to get many of the TMs then I’m fine with them being single use. Biggest pet peeve of them being originally single use is that a majority of them were available only once or locked to essentially the postgame or through the Battle Frontier. I’d like it if I can easily get multiple Flamethrower, Earthquake, or Ice Beam TMs instead of the hassles the original games had for them.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
A part of me almost wishes this was a faithful remake because then we wouldn't have to deal with the baked in exp. Honestly I really wish they'd give people an option on wether they want this or not.

edit: Apparently unlike SWSH you can turn it off. Thank goodness.
That was just from GameXplain. A lot of other sources say that you can't turn it off.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
That was just from GameXplain. A lot of other sources say that you can't turn it off.
Ofc, conflicting information and thus can’t fully determine which is right or whatever.

Typical.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As long as the TMs are easy to get, I don't care if they're single use.

I'd RATHER they be unlimited use, for obvious reasons, but I guess it gives us something else to farm for in the game. I imagine that the Underground is going to play a part in obtaining some of the TMs, while the shops sell the basic TMs, or something.

Not a deal breaker in general. Could be worse.

Red and Blue

Sweet, you're entire party gets EXP. Shame we can't turn it off and on again(I'll have to box my team when leveling up Manaphy and Togepi)but its better than it being an item

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
In before complaints of Cynthia being too easy to beat even though she wasn't that hard to beat in DPPt.
Well it depends if it’s DP or Pt and who you have on your team. The main issue I had with Cynthia was her Spiritomb. That thing could take hits so easily and having no weaknesses definitely worked to its advantage.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
In before complaints of Cynthia being too easy to beat even though she wasn't that hard to beat in DPPt.

Well it depends if it’s DP or Pt and who you have on your team. The main issue I had with Cynthia was her Spiritomb. That thing could take hits so easily and having no weaknesses definitely worked to its advantage.
Cynthia’s going to be easier for most players regardless due to the inclusion of Fairy types, the battle system showing which moves are super effective, more players are aware of EV training, and the fact that most vocal players have experience between doing competitive battles & watching countless playthroughs on YouTube that they’ll have a good idea on how to handle her team

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
TMs being single use is a bit annoying but thankfully you can get more copies of them, hopefully the method is not too annoying. Being able to freely switch out your party with your box Pokemon is nice as well.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why did they remove the “capture the flag” minigame from the Underground? That was literally the best part about it. Single use TMs are an odd choice that will bring a lot of tedium to the game to grind for them but not too bad.

MartínK

Exp Share like SwSh i like it, more easy to train your mons.
TMs being one use sucks though and i never like that they show if a move is effective or not.
About Spiritbomb is the easiest of Cynthia pokémons to defeat, one earthquake from Torterra and it's done.