• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The reason why Maylene is listed as 3rd and Crasher Wake as 4th is because that's how the badges in the badge case are ordered.
A clear and informative answer would have been prefered.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Wouldn't it be bonkers if we got a Mega Evolution trailer just days prior to the release of the game?

If we did end up getting Mega Evolution, I doubt they'd let us transfer them to Sword & Shield. I'd prefer it that way, anyway. Having that with Dynamaxing may be a bit too much.

IcySealeo

Must say that it seems to me like they try to make as less effort as possible on these remakes, and they are not pushing it like with past remakes. Every new trailer just shows the same game with new graphics, without any new features, like FRLG, HGSS and especially ORAS. Legends, unfortunately, overshadows the remakes.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Wouldn't it be bonkers if we got a Mega Evolution trailer just days prior to the release of the game?

If we did end up getting Mega Evolution, I doubt they'd let us transfer them to Sword & Shield. I'd prefer it that way, anyway. Having that with Dynamaxing may be a bit too much.
I'm now doubting ME and similar mechanics being present but I think I should wait for the starter's final evo and the box legends teasers...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm now doubting ME and similar mechanics being present but I think I should wait for the starter's final evo and the box legends teasers...

Oh, I think it's safe to say there won't be any new mega forms. I think if anything they'll just add the forms relevant to Gen 4.

With the exception of Bertha, every Elite Four member has a pokemon that is capable of mega evolving, as well as Cynthia herself. In Cynthia's case, it would be sort of a missed opportunity not to include Mega Garchomp.

janejane6178

Must say that it seems to me like they try to make as less effort as possible on these remakes, and they are not pushing it like with past remakes. Every new trailer just shows the same game with new graphics, without any new features, like FRLG, HGSS and especially ORAS. Legends, unfortunately, overshadows the remakes.
Fully agree.
I was very hyped when they showed walking Pokemon and that revamped underground few months ago.
But ever since, they just show exactly the same scenes from DP just with abit upgraded graphics....

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Isn’t one of the upcoming episodes of the anime about Lucarionite? That might be some hint especially if Ash is the one who gets the Mega Stone.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Oh, I think it's safe to say there won't be any new mega forms. I think if anything they'll just add the forms relevant to Gen 4.

With the exception of Bertha, every Elite Four member has a pokemon that is capable of mega evolving, as well as Cynthia herself. In Cynthia's case, it would be sort of a missed opportunity not to include Mega Garchomp.
If only they could at least have new MEs for the starters, Dialga, Palkia and the Giratinas... As well as Luxray and Hippowdon for all rematch GLs and the E4s and Champion to have MEs...

Isn’t one of the upcoming episodes of the anime about Lucarionite? That might be some hint especially if Ash is the one who gets the Mega Stone.
But the current anime is not a direct promo for the mainline games now, unlike before...

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If this game was to have a battle gimmick in it it would be Dynamax because it's the main gimmick of Gen 8, much like how ORAS had Megas.

janejane6178

If this game was to have a battle gimmick in it it would be Dynamax because it's the main gimmick of Gen 8, much like how ORAS had Megas.
Thats not entirely true cuz Lets go games had ME and they debuted during gen 7 which had z-moves

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Thats not entirely true cuz Lets go games had ME and they debuted during gen 7 which had z-moves
ME was still available in Gen 7, thought. It was just locked in the post-game.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Dynamax has already been established as being exclusive to the Galar region. So I doubt it would be seen in Sinnoh.

Luthor

In fairness in the unlikely event that mega evolution were to return with no fanfare they could give Bertha a Mega Steelix as a 6th Pokemon as Flint no longer needs to use it (flint could use Mega Houndom assuming his team is closer to his platinum team) or they could give her a Mega from outside the Sinnoh dex.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Dynamax has already been established as being exclusive to the Galar region. So I doubt it would be seen in Sinnoh.
Which is why I think Megas will return in BDSP. Mega Evolution isn’t as heavily tied to any specific region as Z-Moves and Dynamax are. Quite a few Megas either debuted in Gen IV or are easily found in the wild in Sinnoh.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I don’t think BDSP will feature megas since it seems like the Swift/Agile styles in Legends are supposed to be Sinnoh/Hisui’s main battle gimmick, I’d personally love it if they came back to shake things up for matches.

Last edited:

masdog

I’m kind of torn on whether we’ll see Megas or not. I think there is a good chance they will show up in BDSP because it is one of the more popular gimmicks. It has shown up in the anime again, but I’m not sure if its because there are Megas in Pokemon Go or if they’re planning to have it return in the mainline games.

TRNRLogan

Megas are dead and not returning till gen 6 remakes imo.

masdog