• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Luthor

I’m kind of torn on whether we’ll see Megas or not. I think there is a good chance they will show up in BDSP because it is one of the more popular gimmicks. It has shown up in the anime again, but I’m not sure if its because there are Megas in Pokemon Go or if they’re planning to have it return in the mainline games.

I'd like Megas to return but I'd be quite surprised for them to return and that not be a majorly advertised feature given how popular it is

But they’re not dead. They’re very prominent in PoGo.
Plus its fairly prominent in Masters too.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
ME will NEVER DIE <3

I wish we had more new ones tho..

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
In fairness in the unlikely event that mega evolution were to return with no fanfare they could give Bertha a Mega Steelix as a 6th Pokemon as Flint no longer needs to use it (flint could use Mega Houndom assuming his team is closer to his platinum team) or they could give her a Mega from outside the Sinnoh dex.

I was thinking that too. I'm still wondering why Bertha didn't have Steelix from the very beginning.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Which is why I think Megas will return in BDSP. Mega Evolution isn’t as heavily tied to any specific region as Z-Moves and Dynamax are. Quite a few Megas either debuted in Gen IV or are easily found in the wild in Sinnoh.
I only expect these games to have Dynamax, if there's gonna be any gimmicks at all. I don't expect Megas to return until X and Y get remade.

Luthor

I was thinking that too. I'm still wondering why Bertha didn't have Steelix from the very beginning.

Especially as in Diamond and Pearl she has a Sudowoodo which isn't a ground type but Steelix which is one she doesn't have. They probably felt Sudowoodo was best replacement option(I suppose they could have given her a Sandy-Wormadam given Aaron doesn't use it but its probably not the best choice). My guess is it ties into there being no fire types and they though it suited thematically as a fire replacement (but that raises further questions about how that situation happened). My prediction is they will use teams closer to the platinum team for in these games. I'm still hoping for 6 Pokemon elite 4 rematches in this game but I think Flint's 6th Pokemon would be something like Heat Rotom over Steelix.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

Wouldn't it be bonkers if we got a Mega Evolution trailer just days prior to the release of the game?

If we did end up getting Mega Evolution, I doubt they'd let us transfer them to Sword & Shield. I'd prefer it that way, anyway. Having that with Dynamaxing may be a bit too much.
As I said before, they'd probably have some restrictions if they found a way to incorporate them both into battles.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With how faithful BDSP seems to be, I think its pretty safe to say there aren't any post gen 4 gimmicks in these games.

The game already includes Fairy-types and the removal of HMs, so there's already some pretty good changes.

Mega Evolution wouldn't make much of a difference, since no real story is required. All we need is for some random character to go, "Hey, ever heard of Mega Evolution?", and we're good. lol

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
With how faithful BDSP seems to be, I think its pretty safe to say there aren't any post gen 4 gimmicks in these games.
You're still buying that "faithful remakes" BS? There are already lots of Platinum-based changes, HM-exclusion, Fairy-type, etc...

I doubt ME is present but I won't be surprised if it's included... If any, ILCA is one of those with ME data and base models on hand...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Every unused Ability is still programmed to have flavor text in SwSh including Mega and Primal exclusive Abilities and Battle Bond. None of them were actually removed from the games like the cut moves. If Megas and by extension Primal Reversions were permanently removed then why keep the text describing Parental Bond, Primordial Sea, Desolate Land, and Delta Wind? Also Neuroforce still exists in the game data and it might be possible that a new way to get Ultra Nezcroma might happen.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Has anyone decided which version there getting of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl or both?
I’m getting both. Gonna be collecting the new main series games from now on.