• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
First TV commercial trailer are out in european countries. Few new scenes:

This shows Candice with a Snover which is only on her DP team. Looks like they’re unfortunately using the weaker DP roster.
Has anyone decided which version there getting of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl or both?
Diamond was my first Pokémon game ever so it’s only fitting I get BD. I’ll eventually get Shining Pearl though.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
This shows Candice with a Snover which is only on her DP team. Looks like they’re unfortunately using the weaker DP roster.
And the last trailer that dropped on YouTube in both the US and Japan showed Candice using Abomasnow.

Maybe there is an in-game option that lets us choose whether trainers use the DP rosters or the Pt rosters.

Or they're just trolling us...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
And the last trailer that dropped on YouTube in both the US and Japan showed Candice using Abomasnow.

Maybe there is an in-game option that lets us choose whether trainers use the DP rosters or the Pt rosters.

I wanted to give the trailers the benefit of the doubt because Candice/Volkners still use their DP aces on their team but I hope you’re right. Some people are suggesting they’ll have their Platinum teams in the post game rematches which is ok I guess

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Diamond was my first Pokémon game ever so it’s only fitting I get BD. I’ll eventually get Shining Pearl though.
I read somewhere that Candice was also shown to have an Abomosnow with Blizzard, which doesn't match the DP moveset.

Make with that what you will.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone decided which version there getting of Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl or both?
Both, but I'm playing Brilliant Diamond first and most likely waiting until Home connectivity to do Shining Pearl

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Getting Brilliant Diamond again because of Skuntank and Honchkrow being exclusives there, and they are a must have on my Gen 4 team.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Both, first time getting both, but my irl Pokefriends are too far away now or don't play anymore, so I'm getting both and I can just do home transfer to complete the dex haha.

Luthor

There's also a few other possibilities, Firstly there might now be more than one battle with Candice. The first battle with Snover might be prior to the gym battle and the Abomasnow battle is the actual gym battle or secondly they are expanding Candice's battle to have 5 Pokemon and the Snover is the first Pokemon (to set up hail) and the Abomasnow is later in battle (to re-set it up prior to Froslass) or thirdly it could indicate difficulty modes are returning or lastly it wouldn't be the first time they changed details from a trailer (remember Gardevoir using fairy wind when the fairy type was revealed but in-game it never actually got that move) and they just forgot to update the latest trailers.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Both, first time getting both, but my irl Pokefriends are too far away now or don't play anymore, so I'm getting both and I can just do home transfer to complete the dex haha.
The people in this lovely forum always help me when I need a certain Pokemon :p

Maxim

Beyond repair

Except she had both in DP, so that's no indication.

Let's be true, Snover pretty much confirms DP teams. Any other option possibility is very unlikely at this point. If they did anything with the Gym Leader teams, then getting rid of repeated mons (by "repeats" I also mean Pokemon from the same evolution line that aren't split evos) in a similar vein to LGPE would probably be the first thing they'd do. I think the rosters are pretty much set in stone at this point (maybe except for one little "surprise change" akin to Clair's Gyarados or Flannery's Numel, that's a kind of tradition as well). The levels, movesets and abilities however aren't, they sometimes tended to differ in remakes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Brilliant Diamond, cuz I prefer Dialga and because ruling time is superior to ruling space imo

I'm also getting Brilliant Diamond, but it's only because it was my boi back before I got Platinum. I also like the exclusives a lot more.

Stunky+Murkrow > Glameow+Misdreavus.

That being said, living in a reality devoid of physical spaciality would be really, really, really uncomfortable (read, unlivable). While living in a world devoid of time, would just end up being painfully boring?

There's also a few other possibilities.
- Firstly there might now be more than one battle with Candice. The first battle with Snover might be prior to the gym battle and the Abomasnow battle is the actual gym battle.
- Secondly they are expanding Candice's battle to have 5 Pokemon and the Snover is the first Pokemon (to set up hail) and the Abomasnow is later in battle (to re-set it up prior to Froslass).
- Thirdly it could indicate difficulty modes are returning.
- Lastly it wouldn't be the first time they changed details from a trailer (remember Gardevoir using fairy wind when the fairy type was revealed but in-game it never actually got that move) and they just forgot to update the latest trailers.

1.: Everything in the marketing is screaming faithful 1to1 remakes. There's no reason to assume additional battles, especially with gymleaders no less.
2.: During the previous trailer, they showed Gardenia and her Roserade, now they showed Candice and Abomasnow and Volkner and Luxray. These are their DP-signature pokémon. Nothing about this even hints towards an expansion of their teams.
3.: Nope, pure speculation on your part. Showcasing the DP-aces only further points towards them going with the DP-teams and not indicate the other way around, otherwise we would've seen Froslass and Electivire - now that would've been a clear indication.
Lastly: Fair enough, but they now have shown this pattern with three gymleaders.

All in all, it's going to be a blessing if we get to rebattle them postgame with better teams or even in a B2W2-PWC-type of tournament in the Battle Tower.

But yeah, get ready for E4 Flint having Lopunny, Drifblim and Steelix for no good reason.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder if these games will replace Platinum as the ultimate Sinnoh experience......
We will see

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve asked this before, but do you think physical delivery preorders of BDSP will be affected by the cargo ship issue in the US?

I preordered Brilliant Diamond through Best Buy back in June & I know I got SWSH through them on the night of the games’ release, but with everything after hearing from a GameStop employee that the cargo ship problem is causing a delay in game releases due to a lack of materials like chips & plastic, I’m not sure whether or not to just buy the game digitally & return my physical copy once it comes in the mail since I'm worried it's going to be delayed for months.

Last edited: