• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

D

Deleted member 384931

I chalk it up to the higher visibility of differing opinions due to the rise of social media and YouTube. Back when the original Diamond and Pearl came out you mostly had forums like Serebii which, for the most part, didn’t quite have the widespread reach of something like YouTube and Twitter does today.

That’s not to say that DP didn’t have it’s detractors or people expressing negative opinions back in the day - they just weren’t quite as visible.

Not to say those with doubt or less than positive opinions regarding these games (or recent games in general) are wrong - far from it. If you dislike a game or the direction a series is going in that’s absolutely a valid opinion. I just don’t necessarily think it’s the “end of the franchise”. As others have said more concisely, people have been saying that particular mantra for years now.
Nah pokemon wont stop anytime soon.
I just think that ppl expect Gamefreak to make better games due the Switch being a better console and other games look visualy better.

I just think things like the pokedex controversy, pokemon Home being expensive and other controversies being negative for the image of pokemon during the past years .

And I think ppl expect more during the consoles and graphics constantly evolving. Ppl compare games who look Visually better (which I can understand). I just think pokemon hasnt found its identity in the 3D-games.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder if we will able to evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon with stones, like in Swsh

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I wonder if we will able to evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon with stones, like in Swsh
please say yes
it makes dex completion much easier

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The idea that BDSP having only Generation 1-4 Pokemon is a real possibility. Heck it may be even likely.

But I don't think we should assume that. If you want to temper expectations, fine, but in a vacuum, we don't know anything yet.

Also, this topic is tired. I just wanted to throw my two cents in because I saw some recent posts about it.

D

Deleted member 384931

The idea that BDSP having only Generation 1-4 Pokemon is a real possibility. Heck it may be even likely.

But I don't think we should assume that. If you want to temper expectations, fine, but in a vacuum, we don't know anything yet.

Also, this topic is tired. I just wanted to throw my two cents in because I saw some recent posts about it.
I mean I wouldnt mind more pokemon other than gen 4. But it is a remake. Tho even Lets Go featured Meltan and Melmetal.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Only 1-4 gen is tolerable (still sucks tho). But if we cant use Sylveon then that would really suck.

ShadowForce720

I think it will be a similar situation to what happened with Feeba in ORAS.

Where in ORAS your able to evolve Feebas by maxing out it’s beauty stat and then leveling it up or you can trade it while it’s holding a Prism Scale.

So I think when it comes to evolving Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon in BDSP that you can do it by taking your Eevee and leveling it up near a moss or ice rock respectively or you can just use a Leaf Stone or Ice Stone respectively.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
They dont even have to try anymore, that is the sad thing. The heart has been out of pokemon for a while.
Been out since the end of Gen 5.

Their heart's not out. Your heart's just stuck.

It's time you got out of the past and moved on. You don't have to like the newer games, but don't accuse Game Freak of lacking heart because they're not making what you want.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Their heart's not out. Your heart's just stuck.

It's time you got out of the past and moved on. You don't have to like the newer games, but don't accuse Game Freak of lacking heart because they're not making what you want.
Ironic thing about this is that I actually hate the older games. Except Gen 4 and 5. And for newer games, I only liked ORAS and USUM. The rest I just see as usually failures especially the XY games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ironic thing about this is that I actually hate the older games. Except Gen 4 and 5. And for newer games, I only liked ORAS and USUM. The rest I just see as usually failures especially the XY games.

Then the problem clearly isn't them. It's you.

You just don't care for the games. Once again, that is neither their fault nor their problem. I really do hope you like BDSP.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Then the problem clearly isn't them. It's you.

You just don't care for the games. Once again, that is neither their fault nor their problem. I really do hope you like BDSP.
I likely will anyways.

Going with Shining Pearl and picking Piplup for my first run. - Similar to how my second Pokemon game ended up being Pokemon Pearl and I picked Piplup as my starter.

treatyofversigh

My main game’s gonna be Brilliant Diamond, since Diamond was my first gen 4 game :) I want to pick Turtwig since it was my starter back then, but it’s been ages since I’ve used a Piplup, so I’m torn haha. When I get around to Shining Pearl, I’ll be using Chimchar first, though, for sure. I can’t wait for them to be out!

Red and Blue

When BDSP was announced I kept flip flopping between Turtwig and Chimchar before deciding on Turtwig. Was planning on using Infernape in Legend but Hisuian Growlithe came and stole the Fire spot, lol

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
My main game’s gonna be Brilliant Diamond, since Diamond was my first gen 4 game :) I want to pick Turtwig since it was my starter back then, but it’s been ages since I’ve used a Piplup, so I’m torn haha. When I get around to Shining Pearl, I’ll be using Chimchar first, though, for sure. I can’t wait for them to be out!

I'm going with Brilliant Diamond too for the same reason.

I actually played Pearl the most, and hadn't played Diamond since I first had it in 2007. Thus, I want to experience it again.