• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I never put much though about which version to choose... They are 99 % the same game...
It was more important to met when choosing Sun over Moon, cuz I didn't want the night and day hours flipped

ebevan91

The battle themes sound so good.

ShadowForce720

I even saw a Croconaw statue. I hope Gen 2 starters are available early.

Was kinda expecting they put Looker in there. Not a sign of him.
There are also statues for Machamp, Rhyperior, and the Sinnoh starters.

So I wonder if there is going to be a statue for every gen 1-4 mon barring maybe legendary and mythical Pokémon so that you can get almost all the gen 1-4 Pokémon in the game without having to transfer them in.

Of course I wouldn’t be surprised if some statues wind up being version exclusive.

It will also be interesting to see if they make any of the gen 1-3 legendary and mythical Pokémon available to catch in the games somehow.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In the trailer, Pachirisu is shown with Pokedex entry #055, which isn't surprising given that was the number for both DP and Platinum.

I wouldn't expect anything too crazy from the initial Pokedex.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
In the trailer, Pachirisu is shown with Pokedex entry #055, which isn't surprising given that was the number for both DP and Platinum.

I wouldn't expect anything too crazy from the initial Pokedex.
If I recall, all the Pokemon that were added in Platinum's expanded Dex were simply added after Dialga and Palkia regional Dex order-wise. They did not shuffle the regional Dex numbers like BW2 and USUM.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Probopass, Magnezone, and Leafeon were all seen in the trailer which just further cements my belief that the Platinum Dex is being used in the remakes.
Glaceon also appeared.

I noticed in one of the new trailers that Turtwig was using Leafage. I wouldn’t be surprised if this replaces Absorb as its starting Grass STAB because of Leafage (a physical move) running off of Turtwig’s higher Attack stat. I once tried to use Torterra in a Platinum playthrough but found it so hard with its lack of good physical Grass moves, so this change I welcome for the Turtwig players.

janejane6178

So this is probably the last trailer before release, right?
*Finger cross for Sylveon to be in these games*

SuperTentacle

So this is probably the last trailer before release, right?
*Finger cross for Sylveon to be in these games*
OR/AS last Trailer was released about a week before the Game launched. It was the Trailer that showed the New Postgame Content "Delta Episode". So maybe If there is something similiar in BD/SP there could be one last Trailer with new stuff next Week.

But don't get your hopes up.

janejane6178

OR/AS last Trailer was released about a week before the Game launched. It was the Trailer that showed the New Postgame Content "Delta Episode". So maybe If there is something similiar in BD/SP there could be one last Trailer with new stuff next Week.

But don't get your hopes up.
Trust me, my hopes can't be lower hehe

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
But we dont know what post game we have yet
For the time being we presume the post-game to be similar to the original Sinnoh games. Aside from the small side-quest at Stark Mountain, there is a potential battle facility and catching Giratina at the Turnback Cave.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So:
  • No post-game quest
  • No Battle Frontier
  • No PU gimmick
Not buying this game unless proven wrong...

I take it you've never played Diamond & Pearl before.

There's an entire post-game area in Sinnoh, called the Battle Zone. In the area are four locations: Fight Area, Survival Area, Resort Area, and Stark Mountain. This entire place is visible in the official BDSP map, including the Battle Tower.

Syther

Y not?
Can we even be sure that the Battle frontier will be here this time when ORAS didn't even have the battle tower, let alone Emerald's Battle Frontier?