• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Can we even be sure that the Battle frontier will be here this time when ORAS didn't even have the battle tower, let alone Emerald's Battle Frontier?
Didnt we see thr the battle frontier isnt in this game? Unfortunately

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Can we even be sure that the Battle frontier will be here this time when ORAS didn't even have the battle tower, let alone Emerald's Battle Frontier?
The Battle Frontier will not appear in this game. The Battle Tower, however, will.

Once again, it is entirely visible in BDSP's Sinnoh map.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm praying we get the Distortion World. It would make a mighty fine addition to the post-game, and it won't interfere with the main story.
If BDSP doesn’t get the Distortion world, then I’m hoping we’ll get it in Legends

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I take it you've never played Diamond & Pearl before.

There's an entire post-game area in Sinnoh, called the Battle Zone. In the area are four locations: Fight Area, Survival Area, Resort Area, and Stark Mountain. This entire place is visible in the official BDSP map, including the Battle Tower.
I did... And that's it... Nothing major in this game DP can't provide...

I doubt it... This game will make LGPE look decent...

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
What exactly were you looking looking forward to? A whole a** extra region?
I don't mind a BS extra region or something, as long as it will offer a different experience than DP...

FRLG had Sevii, rematches...
HGSS had opened additional routes and opened those cutoff areas from GS, also incorporated some Crystal stuffs...
ORAS had Battle Maison, Super Training, Delta Episode, mirage areas, Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion, also incorporated some Emerald stuffs...
LGPE had battle with Red, Blue and Green, Partner Power, Mega Evolution, additional Mythical...

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't mind a BS extra region or something, as long as it will offer a different experience than DP...

So all six new environments in the Grand Underground aren't enough? Or does it actually have to be locked behind defeating the Champion for it to matter to you?

I'm really trying to understand where you're getting at, here. I don't know if you genuinely want brand new content - which we already have - or if you're being gratuitously specific about the post-game.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Tbh its such a relief a new Pokemon game is coming out soon.
I haven't touched my Switch in so long and I need a video game to play. Playing video games is therapy
try visual novels

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Sorry to ask this here if there is somewhere else I could find this (I did read the pre-release info) and/or if this is not really what this thread is for.

Anyway, I have barely paid attention to news this cycle as I've had a really busy year. But now it's time for me to decide which game to get. What I want to ask is: what are the version differences? Are there any additional version differences that have been announced that are different from the original DP version differences? Are the version exclusives still all the same? Are there any Gen V-VIII Pokémon in this game, and if there are, are there any version exclusives amongst those? And if you have time after answering all that (sorry, I know I'm asking a lot) can you remind me what the version differences (besides version exclusives) were between the two original games, assuming they're going to be the same again? Thanks!

treatyofversigh

Sorry to ask this here if there is somewhere else I could find this (I did read the pre-release info) and/or if this is not really what this thread is for.

Anyway, I have barely paid attention to news this cycle as I've had a really busy year. But now it's time for me to decide which game to get. What I want to ask is: what are the version differences? Are there any additional version differences that have been announced that are different from the original DP version differences? Are the version exclusives still all the same? Are there any Gen V-VIII Pokémon in this game, and if there are, are there any version exclusives amongst those? And if you have time after answering all that (sorry, I know I'm asking a lot) can you remind me what the version differences (besides version exclusives) were between the two original games, assuming they're going to be the same again? Thanks!
Version exclusives from the originals: https://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/exclusives.shtml

My guess is there might be a couple more, since it seems to be using the Platinum dex (like making Electabuzz and Magmar exclusives or something) and maybe making some of the Underground statues exclusives, but there hasn’t been an official announcement about any exclusives.

We don’t know about gen 5-8, but I personally doubt there’ll be many, if any- I’m guessing Sylveon and that’s it.

edit: I forgot to talk about version differences. I don’t remember there being any, really, between Diamond and Pearl. There’s probably a couple minor story differences because of Dialga (time) and Palkia (space).

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What I want to ask is: what are the version differences?
So far it’s just Dialga, Cranidos, & Stunky for BD and Palkia, Shieldon, & Glameow for SP.
Are there any additional version differences that have been announced that are different from the original DP version differences?
Nothing from what we’ve seen.
Are the version exclusives still all the same?
So far, from what we know, yes
Are there any Gen V-VIII Pokémon in this game, and if there are, are there any version exclusives amongst those?
Not that we know of.
And if you have time after answering all that (sorry, I know I'm asking a lot) can you remind me what the version differences (besides version exclusives) were between the two original games, assuming they're going to be the same again? Thanks!
There aren’t any major differences outside of the Pokémon iirc. Most of the differences come with Platinum.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
So far it’s just Dialga, Cranidos, & Stunky for BD and Palkia, Shieldon, & Glameow for SP.
Murkrow and Misdreavus were version exclusive in the originals as well, so I think we can safely assume Murkrow for BD and Misdreavus for SP. There was also wild encounter differences for Mime Jr. and Bonsly depending on version, with them appearing on Route 209/210 in BD and SP respectively, along with the Trophy Garden, while in the opposite version, they are only in Trophy Garden.