• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Anyway I wonder if this game was developed by GF would there have been more visible changes. I'm not of the opinion of "Der finale game iz dun yet or haszent cume out yet". Because when the actual games come out the goal post will be moved again. That being said I can't wait to get my BD game because hearing the new revamped music is gonna be sick

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
*shrugs* If BD/SP aren’t that good games, I can keep Brilliant Diamond and give my copy of Shining Pearl to my best friend as an early Christmas present.

I pray they’ll have easier shiny hunting methods than SwSh. Dynamax Adventures are so tedious, and I’m never doing a kill chain again. I miss SOS battles.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
*shrugs* If BD/SP aren’t that good games, I can keep Brilliant Diamond and give my copy of Shining Pearl to my best friend as an early Christmas present.

I pray they’ll have easier shiny hunting methods than SwSh. Dynamax Adventures are so tedious, and I’m never doing a kill chain again. I miss SOS battles.

Hopefully. But at least they're easier than the old Diamond and Pearl ones. Making a chain and hoping that you don't run into another Pokemon that will break said chain.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hopefully. But at least they're easier than the old Diamond and Pearl ones. Making a chain and hoping that you don't run into another Pokemon that will break said chain.
That’s how shiny hunting worked back then?

*shudders*

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That’s how shiny hunting worked back then?

*shudders*

Yep.

Here's an article explaining it a bit more in detail.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Game Freak: BDSP is just 1:1 remake of DP with new additions. I hope you look forward to it! Oh yeah, we're not working on it.. We left it to another company.

Sinnoh fans: But.. but.. we want BDSP to be treated like HGSS and ORAS..

Game Freak: Sorry we know what you wanted, but we're working on a new Sinnoh game that is called Legend Arceus! A completely new Sinnoh game and a prequel to DP!

Sinnoh fans:
BfZlO56.jpeg

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I've seen the leaks. What a mess. It's unbelievable how the remakes ended up disappointing me so much.

95% of the Platinum content is out. No Distortion World, no Looker, no BF (even though that was the least likely feature to return since the start), apparently no regi rooms etc.

Then there is the forced exp share which makes the games a lot easier, the shitty buffs from walking Pokemon which makes the game even more a cakewalk than any other game.

And then even the better teams from Platinum are out. HOW? I mean how stupid can it be when you do the gym leader teams, looking at the japanese equivelant of Bulbapedia to look for the DP teams and not noticing that right now you give an electric type gym leader a water type Pokemon. I expected they would replace the Pokemon not fitting to the gyms type with more fitting ones like in LGPE. The trainer variety also suffers from that IF Platinum Pokemon are left out and them only appearing in the underground.

For the games having the classic world style and chibis, I expected a lot more extra stuff making up for the games not having SwSh graphics. It's a lot easier for them to include pretty much all the Platinum places including the Distortion World and they can have more time for extra stuff like missions, hard mode, new/reappearing characters (*hustgalarcharacterhust*). ILCA developing a Pokemon game for the first time isn't an excuse. Other studios, even indie studios are capable to develop great games that go the same direction as BDSP. If there's trouble then delay the freaking games! But no, let's release a game where the music are still MIDI level and the real ones needing a patch to be included in the games and already having shown several bugs I expect to be fixed by the day one patch!

So why I should buy the games now if I have Platinum, which probably is way superior to the remakes? I mean ORAS at least had XY level of graphics and the games look vastly different to the originals but here? No SwSh graphics and a reason for me and a lot of other fans to be excited for the remakes were playing the region in a new light. FR/LG and HG/SS looked vastly better than the originals and ORAS looked much better AND had the transition to 3D. And BDSP? Goes back to the up to down perspective and the tiled worlds.

I don't want to take the excitement for these games and people who want to play these games shall enjoy them but for me they end up being a huge disappointment. For me who loves Sinnoh to death and having it as his favorite region, it's a pain. Sorry for the rant but I just had to give my opinion about all this.

TPCi need to change something. Legends also doesn't look good and game after game I lose hope. Game Freak is not able to deliver qualitative decent games anymore. For the sake of the series, Pokemon needs to get rid of Game Freak and Masuda. But let's not dive in into that topic for now...

It's a first but I am cancelling my pre-order. For me who doesn't have that much time anyway, it's better for me to wait for the general public's opinion about the games.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I've seen the leaks. What a mess. It's unbelievable how the remakes ended up disappointing me so much.

95% of the Platinum content is out. No Distortion World, no Looker, no BF (even though that was the least likely feature to return since the start), apparently no regi rooms etc.

Then there is the forced exp share which makes the games a lot easier, the shitty buffs from walking Pokemon which makes the game even more a cakewalk than any other game.

And then even the better teams from Platinum are out. HOW? I mean how stupid can it be when you do the gym leader teams, looking at the japanese equivelant of Bulbapedia to look for the DP teams and not noticing that right now you give an electric type gym leader a water type Pokemon. I expected they would replace the Pokemon not fitting to the gyms type with more fitting ones like in LGPE. The trainer variety also suffers from that IF Platinum Pokemon are left out and them only appearing in the underground.

For the games having the classic world style and chibis, I expected a lot more extra stuff making up for the games not having SwSh graphics. It's a lot easier for them to include pretty much all the Platinum places including the Distortion World and they can have more time for extra stuff like missions, hard mode, new/reappearing characters (*hustgalarcharacterhust*). ILCA developing a Pokemon game for the first time isn't an excuse. Other studios, even indie studios are capable to develop great games that go the same direction as BDSP. If there's trouble then delay the freaking games! But no, let's release a game where the music are still MIDI level and the real ones needing a patch to be included in the games and already having shown several bugs I expect to be fixed by the day one patch!

So why I should buy the games now if I have Platinum, which probably is way superior to the remakes? I mean ORAS at least had XY level of graphics and the games look vastly different to the originals but here? No SwSh graphics and a reason for me and a lot of other fans to be excited for the remakes were playing the region in a new light. FR/LG and HG/SS looked vastly better than the originals and ORAS looked much better AND had the transition to 3D. And BDSP? Goes back to the up to down perspective and the tiled worlds.

I don't want to take the excitement for these games and people who want to play these games shall enjoy them but for me they end up being a huge disappointment. For me who loves Sinnoh to death and having it as his favorite region, it's a pain. Sorry for the rant but I just had to give my opinion about all this.

TPCi need to change something. Legends also doesn't look good and game after game I lose hope. Game Freak is not able to deliver qualitative decent games anymore. For the sake of the series, Pokemon needs to get rid of Game Freak and Masuda. But let's not dive in into that topic for now...

It's a first but I am cancelling my pre-order. For me who doesn't have that much time anyway, it's better for me to wait for the general public's opinion about the games.
They know ppl will buy their games no matter what.
It's sad.
I am one of these suckers btw

janejane6178

Whew it feels good being right. Anyways so is it officially confirmed that no Platinum details are in the games? I want a clear answer before actually saying an opinion? The only battle I've seen was Maylene's and she has the same team anyway. Is it true there is no distortion world? Everybody kept the same teams? If so damn they really just showed everything new in the trailers and said "that's it folks"

Anyways honestly hate to say it but never was a fan of RSE so they should of got this treatment if they wanted to pass a remake to another developer. The fact that BDSP is kinda being treated as fodder for the "good" games to come out just feels sad and disrespectful. Obviously things can and will change when it comes out but it's not looking good out here.
Every game should get respect. Both RSE and DP

Vini310

After SwSh was released, some fans started saying that Game Freak should no longer develop Pokémon games and that SwSh's graphics are awful.
BDSP fixes both of these problems: it's developed by ILCA and has a chibi art style.
Technically, these fans get what they wanted, just not in the way they wanted.
And, again, Legends: Arceus is the real deal, BDSP was just a filler game that Game Freak didn't even wanted to do, hence why it was outsourced.

D

Deleted member 384931

As a company you want to make a good game, proof yourself. The first remake that isnt made by Gamefreak. I feel bad for the company who made the remakes

janejane6178

As a company you want to make a good game, proof yourself. The first remake that isnt made by Gamefreak. I feel bad for the company who made the remakes
It doesnt matter cuz people will buy them anyway
They dont feel the need to make effort

The lack of post game, battle frontier etc.... I am fineee with it. But the weird DP teams, for Flins for exampe? Its a joke really

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just went through a description of pokemon brilliant diamond in switch eshop but they don't mention any specifics about what features from the underground you miss out on if you don't have a online subscription.

does anyone have a definitive list?

janejane6178

If you know you are going to dislike the game, then why are you buying it?
You could easily just play something else: Sushi Striker? Puzzle & Dragons Z? Many Digimon games?
I am not saying I dislike these games. I like all Pokemon main games, even Lets go Eevee/Pikachu.
I am disappointed at them, the games are not fantastic as ORAS were for me.
But it is still OK. And OK is fine for me to play :)
I probably wont replay it 1000 times like I did with ORAS tho
And like I said, I am a sucker for Pokemon

For example, I replayed Platinum/BW/BW2/ORAS/XY 100000 times and I LOVED THEM.
Swsh I played only 3 times
Lets go Eevee ONE time

Last edited: