• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Orphalesion

So what? Now people are
clinging to some, completely, utterly, vain "hope" that the leakers, somehow, got "incomplete" or even "purposefully misleading" versions? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry no, if the Elite 4 have their D/P teams in the leaked versions, then I'm sure they will have them in the version we'll get.
Oh man it's USUM and the supposed new Alolan forms GF supposedly wanted to "surprise" us with all over again.
Why not just accept that this is just D/P translated tot the Switch?

I'm still unsure whether I'll get one of these games. I never played the originals so I was sorta excited for them. However, IF they have just the D/P dex then I'm not sure I want them. It will depend on whether Pokemon like Togepi are available during the gym quest.

Pokemon Power

So what? Now people are
clinging to some, completely, utterly, vain "hope" that the leakers, somehow, got "incomplete" or even "purposefully misleading" versions? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry no, if the Elite 4 have their D/P teams in the leaked versions, then I'm sure they will have them in the version we'll get.
Oh man it's USUM and the supposed new Alolan forms GF supposedly wanted to "surprise" us with all over again.
Why not just accept that this is just D/P translated tot the Switch?

I'm still unsure whether I'll get one of these games. I never played the originals so I was sorta excited for them. However, IF they have just the D/P dex then I'm not sure I want them. It will depend on whether Pokemon like Togepi are available during the gym quest.
Did anyone else notice that he stopped after beating Cynthia? I think there's some post game content that he's choosing not to leak.

WalesNote

So, you gonna get the game or not?

And never knew there were such trash people on these forums. Haters = scum.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ

If you've never played the originals, then why not play these? It's still a brand-new region for you to experience, even if it's rehashed for the rest of us.

Now this is a separate topic but: one important thing to note is that our beloved leaker did not spend any time exploring the Grand Underground, so we still don't have much info on what non-Sinnoh Pokemon you can catch down there and when.

Orphalesion

If you've never played the originals, then why not play these? It's still a brand-new region for you to experience, even if it's rehashed for the rest of us.
Because of how limited the D/P dex is. There's very few Pokemon I'd be interested in using during the main quest. I mean for crying out loud, Kantonian Ponyta (as in the worst Ponyta) is the only fire type that isn't the Fire starter. I'm not choosing Chimchar and I'm sure as hell not gonna use Kantonian Ponyta.
And there's only three Fairy type lines, none of which is that great either.

Even with some Sinnoh Mons I like, like Vespiquen, I already used them a lot in other games (especially since Vespiquen is a lot easier to catch in X/Y and SWSH than in P/D)

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Carbon copies made for the Switch or not I was going to buy these games no matter what. The Let’s Go games are the only main series entries besides Emerald and Sapphire that I don’t have in some form because I got bored after awhile and sold them to get Skyward Sword HD although I should buy a used copy of Eevee mostly to move the Pokéball controller Mew out of my party because I forgot it was there before I sold the game and I can’t transfer it to Home which is something that I want to do.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This game is causing too much negativity and it's not even out yet.

(Though it's funny that people are getting mad at Game Freak over it.)

Xuxuba

It’s a little hard to stay hyped for BDSP when most of the internet is flooded with posts like these:

I know the best thing to do is stay off these forums but since I feel like I need to come here because I don’t have any other place to talk about pokémon with anyone
I mean, you can always press the ignore button if it bothers you that much but we are also allowed to have an opinion over some of the decisions made.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It’s a little hard to stay hyped for BDSP when most of the internet is flooded with posts like these:

I know the best thing to do is stay off these forums but since I feel like I need to come here because I don’t have any other place to talk about pokémon with anyone
Honestly enjoy the game if you want. If you truly want to enjoy the games then no negative opinion should theoretically stop that. Why change your opinion over others? That being said this is the same rhetoric used when SWSH came out. People have the right to voice positive and negative opinions. It's giving "toxicity positivity" by only wanting nice comments about these games.

Orphalesion

Hey, I hope our messages didn't make you feel like you were unwelcome, because that was not what I wanted to express.

Or is it because of the spoilers, as in that they are here at all and you are worried about getting spoiled?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Honestly enjoy the game if you want. If you truly want to enjoy the games then no negative opinion should theoretically stop that. Why change your opinion over others? That being said this is the same rhetoric used when SWSH came out. People have the right to voice positive and negative opinions. It's giving "toxicity positivity" by only wanting nice comments about these games.
People do have the right to voice positive and negative opinions, but it's good to be negative intelligently, which hardly anybody does anymore.

For example, the phrase, "lazy devs" needs to go, as it leads to a toxic mindset, and most of the time, isn't even accurate for most games, even if they don't go the way people want them to.

Sword and Shield showed me just how borderline hateful the Pokemon fanbase has become, and the continuation of the mindset shows how it probably won't even change anytime soon.

Edit: Minor edit for additional clarity

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I wouldn't call them carbon copies. I honestly think they will feel a lot different from the originals.
But mostly because the original developers didn't plan the game with this exp. share in mind.

Sham

The Guardian of War
People do have the right to voice positive and negative opinions, but it's good to be negative intelligently, which hardly anybody does anymore.

Also, the phrase, "lazy devs" needs to go, as it leads to a toxic mindset, and most of the time, isn't even accurate for most games, even if they don't go the way people want them to.

Sword and Shield showed me just how borderline hateful the Pokemon fanbase has become, and the continuation of the mindset shows how it probably won't even change anytime soon.
Honestly if you want my true opinion these games look horrible. Calling it as you see it isn't being hateful. Not only that there are legit graphical and technical errors shown in these videos? If a remake really had to be f*** up, Hoenn should've been sacrificed. The reason why these games are getting this heat is because dare I say these are most hyped remakes people wanted. And your opinion about being "intellectually negative" (whatever that even means) is subjective to your standards. Because nobody is just saying "OH I HATE THIS GAME". There are factual things being thrown out here.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Honestly if you want my true opinion these games look horrible. Calling it as you see it isn't being hateful. Not only that there are legit graphical and technical errors shown in these videos? If a remake really had to be f*** up, Hoenn should be sacrificed. The reason why these games are getting this heat is because dare I say these are most hyped remakes people wanted. And your opinion about being "intellectually negative" (whatever that even means) is subjective to your standards. Because nobody is just saying "OH I HATE THIS GAME". There are factual things being thrown out here.
1. Okay, you can think the games don't look great.
2. Nah, Hoenn's a better region.
3. "Whatever that means"? I just gave an example below that.

To further explain being "negative intelligently" Game Freak and ILCA (as well as most game studios) are not likely going to listen to the most negative comments. I wouldn't either, as it gives me no basis for what I have actually done right, and what I can do to make the whole product better.

Orphalesion

Also, the phrase, "lazy devs" needs to go, as it leads to a toxic mindset, and most of the time, isn't even accurate for most games, even if they don't go the way people want them to.

I didn't say anything about lazy devs. I just voiced my opinion about what I feel are unrealistic expectations.

And as for SwSh what I said about those games was that they appear unpolished and that it appears like things were cut from them because they didn't spend enough time in development (like that infamous factory Sonia shows us that never factors into anything.)
And it seems like a lot of the people who feel that SwSh didn't spend enough time in development appear to attribute that, at least in part, to the release schedule that is affected by the anime, card game and merchandize (and probably Go once it catches up to the mainline games)

Sham

The Guardian of War
1. Okay, you can think the games don't look great.
2. Nah, Hoenn's a better region.
3. "Whatever that means"? I just gave an example below that.

To further explain being "negative intelligently" Game Freak and ILCA (as well as most game studios) are not likely going to listen to the most negative comments. I wouldn't either, as it gives me no basis for what I have actually done right, and what I can do to make the whole product better.
So asking for expansions upon the original games beyond bare bone changes, new designs, a game without technical errors and new details for the main story are not valid complaints on how you can make things better? And we already commented that the underground aspect, new seals and changes with HM's are good along with the music. Now to the negative. And in this instance the bad outweighs the good. You or GF(ILCA) don't have to listen to these opinions but that won't stop people from voicing them. And I'm not sure how asking for a game free of technical error and improvements to the story is asking a lot. The story very well could of been changed but according to the leakers it's not looking good.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So asking for expansion upon the original games beyond bare bone changes, new designs, a game without technical errors and new details for the main story are not valid complaints on how you can make things better? And we already commented that the underground aspect, new seals and changes with HM's are good along with the music. Now to the negative. And in this instance the bad outweighs the good. You or GF(ILCA) don't have to listen to these opinions but that won't stop people from voicing them. And I'm not sure how asking for a game free of technical error and improvements to the story is asking a lot. The story very well could of been changed but according to the leakers it's not looking good.
I think BDSP was mostly an attempt to bring DP to a newer console generation. The DS is almost 20 years old at this point.

Listening to the opinions from the lowest common denominator isn't just not fun to listen to, it's also unneeded.
You're better off listening to people who can actually give out better criticism.
Now, Masuda has said he has tried to take in criticism.
I'm not saying he's perfect at that, but that's what he said, and I don't doubt that he tries to listen to valid criticism.
---
Also, "lazy devs" was one example that I didn't necessarily attribute to anyone here.
Though I would be lying if I said there was never any toxicity on the forums during the Sword/Shield prerelease time.