• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Am I the only one here who finds it intriguing that the leaker stopped just before beginning the post-game? I think there's something there that they're hiding from us because it's pretty big.
Maybe cuz it requires to complete the dex? I am asking for real hehe

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
But this most be a recent thing. Assuming most games do this than it's undoubtedly a recent thing and the original games most likely didn't need a patch upon release since it needed to be complete upon arrival. That being said why not stop the games instead of rushing for a Holiday release? Again all of this is fine if you are correct that these will be fixed.
Not really. Games have had Day 1 patches from sometime in the mid-2000s, which is around the time consoles started shipping with hard drives and Internet connectivity. Even mainline Pokemon games have had early patches (not Day 1, but Week 1) since X&Y on the 3DS.

Red and Blue

So apparently some guy gives you a Jirachi at some point. And if you have LGPE save data his wife gives you a Mew
interesting. Depending on how early you get them i may have to make some team alterations

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
So apparently some guy gives you a Jirachi at some point. And if you have LGPE save data his wife gives you a Mew
Looks like you need SWSH save data to get a Jirachi from some guy, since he mentions the wishing star that is a key item from SWSH.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
That’s awesome! I’m so glad my local library had LGPE so I didn’t have to buy them. That is one benefit of the Switch storing save data on the console - they can be a lot more creative with how they distribute certain Pokemon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
well that's interesting about Jirachi

Anyways I think I'm going to choose BD and I still plan to try out rotating my team.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Free Mew and Jirachi are cool, but hardly make up for the lack of effort they put into this remaster. Could use the Mew though lmao.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Free Mew and Jirachi are cool, but hardly make up for the lack of effort they put into this remaster. Could use the Mew though lmao.
eh Im just gonna go see if there'll be a day 1 patch where things are just simply patched up for some things etc

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm confused maybe it's because I played FRLG before I played RBY but are these the first remakes since FRLG
that barely changed anything main story wise?
Did FRLG add a lot to Generation one or nah?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sylveon is not in the game. CentroLeaks posted on Twitter to confirm that data is only available for #001 Bulbasaur up to #493 Arceus.
Dang 1 to 1 remaster to a T lmao.

Sham

Sylveon is not in the game. CentroLeaks posted on Twitter to confirm that data is only available for #001 Bulbasaur up to #493 Arceus.
Honestly not even surprising considering SWSH. I think the dex cut it something we have to get used too

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeeaaahhh, so I cancelled my pre-order over what the leaks have revealed.

Primarily because of no Platinum Dex and DP gym leader teams. Are you freaking serious? It's not hard in the slightest for them to program it in, but they intentionally decided against it.

I pre-ordered the game after seeing the Platinum Dex Pokemon in the trailer under the assumption that that meant we'd be getting the Platinum Dex. Clearly that was a huge mistake. Every game I keep thinking Pokemon's hit rock bottom, but then the next game they keep finding new ways to dig even deeper.

I'm confused maybe it's because I played FRLG before I played RBY but are these the first remakes since FRLG
that barely changed anything main story wise?
Did FRLG add a lot to Generation one or nah?

FRLG changed almost nothing in the main game, they just tacked on a post game subregion in the Sevii Islands. This game isn't the first though, and really the only remake that's changed the story is ORAS. The others have mainly just added a bit of extra lore but the events and dialogue were relatively similar. FRLG's story was the last one to be almost identical though.

So basically it's going the LGPE route where they pretend none of the new Pokemon existed. SMH, part of the excitement of remakes was getting to use new Pokemon in the older regions.

Sham

Yeeaaahhh, so I cancelled my pre-order over what the leaks have revealed.

Primarily because of no Platinum Dex and DP gym leader teams. Are you freaking serious? It's not hard in the slightest for them to program it in, but they intentionally decided against it.

I pre-ordered the game after seeing the Platinum Dex Pokemon in the trailer under the assumption that that meant we'd be getting the Platinum Dex. Clearly that was a huge mistake. Every game I keep thinking Pokemon's hit rock bottom, but then the next game they keep finding new ways to dig even deeper.

FRLG changed almost nothing in the main game, they just tacked on a post game subregion in the Sevii Islands.
Okay so I was correct. At least something could be said that they added abilities and new moves as we as new types so them running on Generation 3's system was a benefit.
BDSP is taking features away like reusable TM's
Also it's confirmed there is no
Platinum Dex? Did they release the entire dex?

Also HGSS did change a lot. Incorporation of Crystal's story, adding walking Pokemon, The Giovanni/Celebi event, The Cynthia event, Steven and a bunch of other characters making guess appearances. The Pokedex included Sinnoh newly added Pokemon, pokeathlon, permeant running shoes, Battle Frontier, Safari Zone, Gym redesigns and Gym leader rematches etc

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Also it's confirmed there is no
Platinum Dex? Did they release the entire dex?

I'm also seeing word that Hideaways are post game exclusive, but no definitive proof of such. If it's just the DP Dex though, it's highly likely that the Platinum Pokemon and National Dex Pokemon aren't obtainable until post game.

Also HGSS did change a lot. Incorporation Crystal's story, adding walking Pokemon, The Giovanni/Celebi event, The Cynthia event, Steven and a bunch of other characters making guess appearance. The Pokedex included Sinnoh newly added Pokemon, pokeathlon, permeant running shoes, Battle Frontier, Gym redesigns and Gym leader rematches etc

They did change a lot, yes, but not the storyline. The plot is largely the same,HGSS's main changes were new sidequests, extra content, and QoL Features.