• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Regional variants also confirmed to not be in the game data at all. This is likely due to several Galarian forms having evolutions into Pokémon introduced after Gen 4. Again courtesy of CentroLeaks for this info.

Sham

The Guardian of War

I'm also seeing word that Hideaways are post game exclusive, but no definitive proof of such. If it's just the DP Dex though, it's highly likely that the Platinum Pokemon and National Dex Pokemon aren't obtainable until post game.

They did change a lot, yes, but not the storyline. The plot is largely the same,HGSS's main changes were new sidequests, extra content, and QoL Features.
That's true and honestly I wouldn't mind BDSP
barely changing the plot
if they weren't trying to give us exactly DP (even down to the graphics) but make it Nintendo Switch.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
With actual dataminers looking into this information, society has transcended the need for Centroleaks.
Damn twitter page has reported false and speculative information.
Nature mints and the ability patch are back. They also have a DS sounds item like the GB sounds item in HGSS.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's true and honestly I wouldn't mind BDSP
barely changing the plot
if they weren't trying to give us exactly DP (even down to the graphics) but make it Nintendo Switch.

Well I wouldn't mind them doing that except The Spear Pillar section of the Distortion World was so much fun to explore so not having that feels like a loss, otherwise everything else I can live without. I mainly just wanted the Platinum Dex and Platinum Gym/Elite 4 teams.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Well I wouldn't mind them doing that except The Spear Pillar section of the Distortion World was so much fun to explore so not having that feels like a loss, otherwise everything else I can live without. I mainly just wanted the Platinum Dex and Platinum Gym/Elite 4 teams.
I fear
That they noticed how successful SWSH DLC's were and provide DLC's of things that should of been in the game
and take a page right out of The Sims book.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The game right now is 4.65 GB. The game should be 8 GB. I really have high hopes that more things are added.
It’s possible that ILCA and TPCi as well as GF knew that leaks were inevitable or that they knew early copies would get out so they hid a bunch of stuff behind an early release patch. That could be where all the missing data is at. Just a thought, not saying it’s true or not but just a theory.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Please redirect all discussion regarding the datamine in this thread:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Interesting, and in fact I believe the games will actually be 10.5GB, so this could be very true.
I seriously hope that the actual finished OST is in there. So far, all I read are people saying that the music sucks... It's quite curious considering Shota Kageyama did the OST on this.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Interesting, and in fact I believe the games will actually be 10.5GB, so this could be very true.

That's probably a placeholder as the Japanese page for the game states that the download size for the game + the patch requires 8GB, with the key word here being requiring so the size of both doesn't necessary have to equal 8GBs in total.

Additionally, even if the patch is the remaining total that doesn't mean it's additional content to the level of say, the Battle Frontier. The size of the download does not necessarily equate to the amount of content given in the patch as it could be a collection of smaller things that add up (like music), bug fixes, and other such things. So you have to be careful with assuming that the day 1 patch will add a whole bunch of content as it can very easily not be the case.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Kinda a bummer it leaked tbh
Yeah, but at least it answered some questions and now the hype train is on the same equal footing as the hate train

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The inconsistency about when they want this to be a faithful remake is my biggest problem. It’s similar to how Let’s Go’s lack of Gen 2+ evolutions were chalked up to them not being in Yellow but neither were Megas, Dark/Steel/Fairy Types, Alola Forms, and other additions.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The inconsistency about when they want this to be a faithful remake is my biggest problem. It’s similar to how Let’s Go’s lack of Gen 2+ evolutions were chalked up to them not being in Yellow but neither were Megas, Dark/Steel/Fairy Types, Alola Forms, and other additions.
Even the Lets Go games were more innovative than these ones unfortunately

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
All of you are complaining about errors of whatever the hell MIDI means but there is one question that is above all of your weird complaints:

Does Mindy still scam you?
I'm glad i'm prepared for avoiding mindy and her infamous everstone haunter trade prank *looks at pokemon home box that been ready for months containing*

Gengar
Female combee
Gliscor
Munchlax
Heracross
Beldum (Wild beldum in DPPt are only found during hail and only has takedown move hurting itself)
and several mons that are exclusive to pearl version since i'm buying diamond version.

Yeah i've been crazy prepared. Including a chimchar and a turtwig from pokemon go to go along with piplup as a starter. Just have to wait for when we can transfer pokemons to a box ingame in a update or depending on a city.

Psssst...mindy is located in Snowpoint City which is the 7th city of 8 in the game thats what makes the prank feel annoying.

Last edited: