• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ah. But going from Serebii... it sounds like you only need a save from one of the games for each Pokemon. That would be far better.

I see.

Kinda figured that was a given.

Will the Mew and Jirachi be available eternally (and not for a limited time)?

It's eternally. All you need is a save file. It's just like how Gigantamax Pikachu and Giganatamax Eevee were for Sword & Shield.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I loved ORAS, but its replay value was so low. Every time I replayed it, the game felt more unbearable.

Conversely, Diamond & Pearl was the first game since Gold & Silver where no matter how many times I played it, I never got old. Since BDSP carries much of the original, I think my feelings will be the same. I might find myself deleting my save file constantly. lol
But with the Switch, you can just create another profile so you don’t have to delete your save file.

Not a fan of this. Having to have Sword and Shield for Jirachi. And having to have Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Mew.
You should only need Sword OR Shield for Jirachi and LGP OR LGE for Mew.
The Rainbow Rocket
This was my favorite part of USUM. The only thing that I wish they did differently was give Cyrus and Ghetsis both box legendaries. That would have made it slightly more difficult.

Orphalesion

1. ULTRA WORMHOLES. ULTRA. WORMHOLES.
  2. More plot development with the characters and Legendary Pokémon. The part where Necrozma sucked up Solgaleo/Lunala’s energy looked epic!
  3. A more emotional storyline.
  4. POSTGAME CONTENT. You learned far more about all the Ultra Beasts in these games than in SuMo.
Overall, UsUm are far better than the original games.

- More variety of Pokémon
- Higher difficulty (without being lunatic)
- The Rainbow Rocket
- The powers Rotom Dex gives to you.
- Mantine Surf

Hmmm now I'm actually considering getting one of the USUM games (whichever has Alolan Ninetales) instead of BDSP, considering how much I liked Alola and all...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm glad they're having Mythical Pokemon more available, especially the older ones as newer fans never really got a chance for those.
Jirachi and Mew(Whose no longer $50 DLC lol ) if you own Let's Go and SWSH. And Shaymin's in Arceus if you have SWSH. Quite nice, you can still get Celebi from Crystal and Deoxys from ORAS so them seemingly being passed up isn't that big a deal.

I do hope Darkrai's no longer an event Pokemon either, like you can visit his island no problem on multiple playthroughs/alt accounts. Basically don't make me open Pearl, start a new game and just not touch it for six months lol I'd love to be able to re-experience catching him... especially since Sinnoh was the last main entry where you actually encountered the Mythicals. BW 1 let you encounter Victini.... and then it was just absent from BW 2 for some reason, not even an encounter with Team Plasma for Genesect like that dope Giovanni Celebi event in HGSS!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It's good to hear you can get Mew and Jirachi in these games, though I'll need to track down a second-hand copy of Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee to get the Mew because I have neither of those games right now. With this and Shaymin being available in Legends: Arceus, that'll be the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh portions of my Pokemon Home Dex almost complete, just missing Deoxys and Darkrai (I wonder how we'll get those?).

masdog

It's good to hear you can get Mew and Jirachi in these games, though I'll need to track down a second-hand copy of Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee to get the Mew because I have neither of those games right now. With this and Shaymin being available in Legends: Arceus, that'll be the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh portions of my Pokemon Home Dex almost complete, just missing Deoxys and Darkrai (I wonder how we'll get those?).
Deoxys can be found in ORAS (as part of the Delta Episode) if you have a 3DS, and it can be transferred to Home through Pokemon Bank. If not, I have a spare I can trade you through the Home GTS.

It looks like the Darkrai event was coded into the game, so it should be available as a mystery gift or other distribution at some point in the future.

TwilightBlade

Mew and Jirachi being available ingame after unlocking certain conditions is pretty cool. Was hoping Shaymin would be found ingame in BDSP too and not just in the Arceus game. :[

masdog

Mew and Jirachi being available ingame after unlocking certain conditions is pretty cool. I hope Manaphy gets an easy distribution too. :]
Manaphy is being distributed as a Mystery Gift for anyone who buys the game and redeems the code before February 2022.

ShadowForce720

Manaphy is being distributed as a Mystery Gift for anyone who buys the game and redeems the code before February 2022.
Specifically it’s until February 21st, 2022, just thought that it was important to clarify that otherwise some people would think that the distribution ends on February 1st, 2022 which isn’t the case.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue,
Here's a rhyme, just for you,
Pay attention, beaus and dames,
Smart fans WON't buy these games.