• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I find it anit annoying that you cant walk with ur Pokemon from the start

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So is Hidden Power exactly the same as it was in previous games or is it calculated differently now? I’m also excited because I have a Shiny Murrow that I hatched in ago sitting in my Home box for over a year now and I can finally use it!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
So is Hidden Power exactly the same as it was in previous games or is it calculated differently now? I’m also excited because I have a Shiny Murrow that I hatched in ago sitting in my Home box for over a year now and I can finally use it!

Is it only possible to transfer Hoenn pokemon for now? and which town do you need to reach before you get access to a pc with access to home?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Is it only possible to transfer Hoenn pokemon for now? and which town do you need to reach before you get access to a pc with access to home?
The first town/city with a PC is Jubilife City but Home compatibility with BDSP will not be until early 2022.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just want to mention, compared to the slowness of the original Gen 4 games....with exp share on from the start you don't get the agony of switch training every individuals like the older games.

I actually still do it, and I prefer it. It gives me an excuse to use other pokemon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, just passing to put my decision regarding the games. Slightly editted from the post I did somewhere else. Putting it on spoiler tags to spare people on mobile from reading ramblings of an old man:

I've been postponning this decision a lot....

I've said to myself "I'm thinking about it" for a while but deep inside, I've always knew what the decision was.

What should be my instance.

I was foolish and just clinging to an even more foolish "hope" I knew it was just a fool's dream, but I knew what it's going to be. And I've knew deep inside because, well, the heart can't stop our logic to keep running and say "man, stop saying nonsense and just realize what's going on".

But it's time to stop. It's time to take a stand and do what I think it's the right decision, or at least, something that's according my beliefs.

I am neither buying OR playing Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

I've played the original DP games before. I still have the Platinum cartridge at home, ready for me to use it. So, I see no incentive on playing something I know from inside out already.

I simply can't justify dipping my money just for... What? Finally getting ride of Dawn's horrible (and unpratical) skirt and have her using the pants she should've always had? Get ride of Lucas' hideous scarf? Too little.

Dexit's sour me on the games, not going to lie, but over time I've learned to accept it as reality, something I can't really help with. But just as they "can't support every Pokémon", I can't suport every Pokémon game they made.

The best vote, even if it won't really matter to them, is the one I do according to my own conscience and beliefs. I'll be voting with my wallet.

It won't change them, it won't change nothing but at the end of the day, the only change we can really do, the one we SHOULD do is... Change our own self. So we can go ahead and makes this world be world something.

I can't - nor I wish to - change anyone's mind. To those who want to play, go ahead, I'm happy for you, wish you success and may you enjoy your game.

TL;DR version: Won't get BDSP

Sorry for the long text wall!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.

Came out wrong i meant are Sinnoh dex mons compatible or is there zero transfer options right now?
If not then i wish Gamefreak have finished this compatibility sooner for the game launch.?

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The whole dex cut was due to the logistical nightmare Pokemon has become.
We say they won't end anytime soon, so if when they do end:
Will they stop at 2000, 3000, 5000, 10000? Game Freak had to bite that bullet someday.

I still stand by what I said that BDSP was basically bringing the original games to a different system and a new audience.
Yeah, I didn't want to just assume that there wouldn't be much new, but I tend not to like making positive or negative assumptions.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Came out wrong i meant are Sinnoh dex mons compatible or is there zero transfer options right now?
If not then i wish Gamefreak have finished this compatibility sooner for the game launch.?
Compatibility with HOME is not coming until next year. Stick with all the available Pokemon within the game for now.

Sham

The Guardian of War
What's with people here posting monologues on why they won't buy the games?

LIke, I get voicing your opinion, but it's like people are trying to make sure everybody notices.
Call y’all please move along with your sub tweets about anybody who isn’t raving about these games. They are posting their monologues because the last time we all checked this a thread to discuss the games not discuss “positive opinions about BDSP”. Please stop with the attempting moding of these threads and let people post in peace. And this is coming from somebody who bought the games.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
People are really going to make assumptions about me based on how they want to perceive my comments.

In a desperate attempt to go on topic, this game and Let's Go seem more niche to me than the other remakes.
I think there is sort of a "branching out" of Pokemon games, and how they want to work on various titles.

wildcaml

re: member
It is permanently applied. Dunno why. I don’t mind that, but I get that plenty of people do.
i guess as long as the difficulty still scales appropriately, it’s not a big deal. maybe i won’t evolve anything just to be safe xD

wildcaml

You could switch Pokemon from time to time.
not a bad idea! in fact, i may just challenge myself to finish the game with two full teams, since i always have a tough time deciding who to pick in g4 anyway :p

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Faithful remakes? You can say that again, even the purchasing of them hasn’t been easy just like it was getting the originals back in 2007.

I remember when these games came out I was desperate to play them, but unfortunately my family booked a holiday for the week the games released, the games came out 2 days before I came home from the holiday that I faked being very ill on holiday that I begged my mum for us to get an earlier flight home……so we did, but because of delays, ended up getting home the same day we would have done……

Now it’s 2021, here I am, 27 years old, desperate for this game to come out, booked annual leave so I can stay up late and play it all day. But nope, the world has other plans!
So this evening I finished work at 10pm I rushed home for a quick power nap, then just before midnight I drove to my local supermarket to buy the games, but for some reason it’s closed……no longer open 24 hours.
Fret not, I drive 20 mins to the next supermarket which is open and then wait around 20 mins for them to check out back for the games to find no such luck…..by which point I’ve down 2 cans of monster energy which is something I’ve never drank is an energy drink……so I leave the store empty handed……

what next shall I do I think? I may as well go back home and download it then! So I drive home and buy it and it begins to download, only it’s got a 2 hour download time! Joys!!!!
And now I’m wide awake and unable to go to sleep whilst it downloads due to the energy drinks.

DP are my favourite games in the series and the battle to get the originals was difficult, but seems like I’m going down the same route in a faithful manner with these remakes!

EDIT: my internet has now gone down which has paused the download…

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I usually preorder Pokemon games by Gamestop. That way I have it on release day.

Other games, I just go to another dedicated video game store and grab it there when it arrives a few days later.

wildcaml

Faithful remakes? You can say that again, even the purchasing of them hasn’t been easy just like it was getting the originals back in 2007.

I remember when these games came out I was desperate to play them, but unfortunately my family booked a holiday for the week the games released, the games came out 2 days before I came home from the holiday that I faked being very ill on holiday that I begged my mum for us to get an earlier flight home……so we did, but because of delays, ended up getting home the same day we would have done……

Now it’s 2021, here I am, 27 years old, desperate for this game to come out, booked annual leave so I can stay up late and play it all day. But nope, the world has other plans!
So this evening I finished work at 10pm I rushed home for a quick power nap, then just before midnight I drove to my local supermarket to buy the games, but for some reason it’s closed……no longer open 24 hours.
Fret not, I drive 20 mins to the next supermarket which is open and then wait around 20 mins for them to check out back for the games to find no such luck…..by which point I’ve down 2 cans of monster energy which is something I’ve never drank is an energy drink……so I leave the store empty handed……

what next shall I do I think? I may as well go back home and download it then! So I drive home and buy it and it begins to download, only it’s got a 2 hour download time! Joys!!!!
And now I’m wide awake and unable to go to sleep whilst it downloads due to the energy drinks.

DP are my favourite games in the series and the battle to get the originals was difficult, but seems like I’m going down the same route in a faithful manner with these remakes!

EDIT: my internet has now gone down which has paused the download…
yeesh, that stings brother :/ it took me a while to come around to buying all my modern games digitally but, now that i’ve gotten used to it, it saves so much trouble out of the gate. especially when you consider the state of retail spaces right now, things just aren’t as reliable as you’d like them to be sometimes.

but hey, if it makes you feel any better, i have work early in the morning! so even though it’ll be ready at midnight, i still won’t be able to play it til noon xD kinda sucks having to wait but, really, what’s the rush? we’re not trying to race anyone, right? :)