• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Autobot N

So is Hidden Power exactly the same as it was in previous games or is it calculated differently now? I’m also excited because I have a Shiny Murrow that I hatched in ago sitting in my Home box for over a year now and I can finally use it!
I'm fairly sure Hidden Power is exclusive to Unown now

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh I got college classes to finish which wont take long on Fridays. After that, I'm heading straight to Best Buy to buy both BDSP (ye I'm getting both cause why not and for collecting purposes)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The thread is just there to report minor things (there are quite a few sections on the main site), and we know these are faithful remakes already.

Espeonite

Ugh my delivery is taking too long looks like I'll have to go to the mall to have it this weekend.

I'm so excited, I love the chibi vibes and the look and feel of the game from what i've seen compared to LGPE and SSH

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I probably won’t play until Saturday, but I at least want to have a physical copy tomorrow. I’ve been tracking my order from Best Buy and it should be shipped tomorrow, but if it won’t be here until Sunday or later I’m going to buy it at GameStop immediately after work and return the Best Buy copy once it gets here. I just hope the GameStop employees won’t be out to lunch when I get off work since that happened last time

All I know is if it takes too long to get here I’m never doing game pre-orders from Best Buy again :mad:

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m going to start playing after work. I’m heading towards the GameStop where I preordered the games as soon as my shift is over.

BCVM22

All I know is if it takes too long to get here I’m never doing game pre-orders from Best Buy again :mad:

But did you pay for it to be delivered today (Friday), rather than shipping today? What speed shipping did you pay for? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you paid for the pre-order but not for it to arrive today. Which is fine, that's expensive as hell, Amazon charges out the nose for it (I paid it because I had credit and I'm also a mark), but if they're doing what you paid for, that's not entirely on them.

So I somehow downloaded this game from eshop and its playable while its still the 18th where I live. Is that normal? Lol

It is normal, yes.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
But did you pay for it to be delivered today (Friday), rather than shipping today? What speed shipping did you pay for? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like you paid for the pre-order but not for it to arrive today. Which is fine, that's expensive as hell, Amazon charges out the nose for it (I paid it because I'm a mark), but if they're doing what you paid for, that's not entirely on them.
I don’t think I needed to. When I preordered Pokémon Sword I didn’t request to get it the day it came out & I got it from UPS that night

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
You don't think you needed to, BUT...

Look closely at what sort of shipping you paid for (or didn't pay for), is what I'm saying.
I see what you mean. I just did a mock preorder of Legends: Arceus (filled out the order without confirming it) and the only shipping option they have is “ship by release day” rather than options like same-day delivery or expedited shipping.

I guess I didn’t think I’d have to worry about it because of how I got Pokémon Sword on the day it came out (technically it was that night, but still).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
People are really going to make assumptions about me based on how they want to perceive my comments.

In a desperate attempt to go on topic, this game and Let's Go seem more niche to me than the other remakes.
I think there is sort of a "branching out" of Pokemon games, and how they want to work on various titles.
I would say Let's Go! in particular felt like it was going for a wider audience than normal, particularly lapsed fans or those who began with Pokémon GO. There were issues with such players attempting to start with Sun and Moon and getting overwhelmed, and the Let's Go! pair came across to me as a bridging of the gap.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Friend of mine was able to get the games three days early...for whatever reasons.

Still going to wait a week before buying it myself. For people who get their games today, have fun.