• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

raichu27

Looking forward to the game. Shame they’re not having newer Pokémon like we could use in ORAS. Glad they’re still keeping the Fairy type, though.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Looking forward to the game. Shame they’re not having Water Pulse as a TM or newer Pokémon like we could use in ORAS. Glad they’re still keeping the Fairy type, though.
Excellent that means we have Fairies to counter Cynthia's really annoying Spiritomb which almost had no weaknesses back then. Unless it was given a poison move.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
When I start my BD main save, I am hoping to get a female Chimchar so that I can breed one with Power Up Punch and Blaze Kick. I think that combo could be very useful in a new game file once Home can connect to BDSP.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just finished the events at Valley Windworks hoping I'd get Drifloon on my team. But apparently, you have to wait until next Friday for Drifloon to spawn.

And this Budew is sure taking a long time to get those happiness points.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My mother just made me put on this whack-ass hat. Where can I go to take it off?
IIRC you need to go to the clothing store in Veilstone that takes the place of the Game Corner to change your look and is the only place in game to do it.

Captain Jigglypuff

So what moves that were cut from SwSh are useable again other than HP, Heart Swap, and Rock Climb?

Pokefan_1987

Looks like the local gameshop is well stocked. But my dad wanted to delay putting money on my debit card things until tomorrow. I hate that last minute delay especially after a long morning of cleaning up garbage :mad:

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone know where/how to obtain the Mystery Gifts?

I'm kinda stuck on that.

You need to go to Jubilife City, follow this guide https://screenrant.com/pokemon-mystery-gifts-guide-brilliant-diamond-shining-pearl/ then you get access to Mystery Gifts in the Main Menu.

IIRC you need to go to the clothing store in Veilstone that takes the place of the Game Corner to change your look and is the only place in game to do it.

How many clothing options are there? I'm male but i've always like the Dawn protagonist compared to the Gen 4 protagonist.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
For me its
I just finished the events at Valley Windworks hoping I'd get Drifloon on my team. But apparently, you have to wait until next Friday for Drifloon to spawn.

If I completed these event yday, I need to wait till next Friday too ? =[

Anyway, I find these games lovely.
It's like playing the original DP on the Switch, instead of doing it 10000 times on an Emulator for years.
<3

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Aren't Buneary, Togepi and Riolu supposed to be a lot harder in terms of their happiness?
I’ve gotten Togetic at level 15 before. I think Togepi is in the middle of the difficulty of raising its happiness. Riolu is pretty hard though. I’ve never been able to evolve one before level 29 before.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My mother just made me put on this whack-ass hat. Where can I go to take it off?
Hey now, I love that hat! I played as the boy back in Generation IV and I chose the girl this time, and I was wondering for the first 30 minutes of the game when she'd finally get her hat.

Nah, the worst hat is Selene's rooster comb hat in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. This white hat's far from the worst one.

What? I was looking forward to putting a Drifblim on my team. That's not right.

So what moves that were cut from SwSh are useable again other than HP, Heart Swap, and Rock Climb?
Signal Beam is back in from what I've seen. Not the most useful Bug-type move, but I did make use of it occasionally in previous generations.

Aren't Buneary, Togepi and Riolu supposed to be a lot harder in terms of their happiness?
If I recall correctly, only Buneary will be at minimum happiness when caught. I don't know if they brought that back for these games, but by Sword and Shield, that was nixed. (In addition to it being a bigger challenge to evolve Lopunny, it does reflect the behavior of real-world rabbits, since as a near universal prey animal, they have a hard time trusting predators, like humans, and it takes a lot to get a rabbit to warm up to a person.)

Bus

Im looking forward to playing Brilliant Diamond when Im finally off work. I'm torn between having a nice, relaxing playthrough or going for a good ol' fashioned Nuzocke since the last two releases (Let's GO & SwSh) made it nigh impossible to do a proper Nuzlocke lol.

I'm leaning towards Nuzlocke because they're always a lot of fun for me, but I hear that the EXP share makes things pretty easy. Anyone know how many pokemon the trainers average? And what the highest number (minus Elite 4) carry? I might limit myself based on those numbers.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Got the last BDSP double pack in this Best Buy that I just left from. Heading home to re-enter Sinnoh again :3

Pokefan_1987

Does anyone know how about these questions

-Does commander Mars still have a her underleveled Purugly during the Valley Windworks mission (It isn't supposed to be a purugly unless it is level 37)

-How much of the underground for fossils and elemental stones + grand underground is accessible without a subscription?

-Are the movesets including starters limited to the Diamond and Pearl or Platinum movesets or is it a mixed bag?

EDIT: I just looked at Cynthia's 3d model from the final battle and her full sized model is so sexy. Really hot for words.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wait, so they didn't fix the Honey Trees at all (aside from lowering the time down to 6 hours. Yay! :rolleyes:)? All of these QoL features and they couldn't be bothered to fix one of the game's biggest annoyances?

Vini310

Wait, so they didn't fix the Honey Trees at all (aside from lowering the time down to 6 hours. Yay! :rolleyes:)? All of these QoL features and they couldn't be bothered to fix one of the game's biggest annoyances?
That's the thing with Pokémon remakes: they don't fix all the problems the original games had. Some are made slightly better (but not fixed) and others aren't fixed at all.
This is one instance of the former.