• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Gotta vent: Oooook game, I think I need some lore on why tf Mars and Cyrus are Battle Tower partners.
Well we know Mars and Jupiter really hate each other’s guts and Saturn is a bit of a loner so Cyrus is the best partner option for her.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
And speaking of low optimization, it seems that BDSP is vert glitchy, more than any other mainline Pokémon game, and you don't need to look for the glitches to find them.
The only glitches I really encountered (granted, I'm early into the game) are some minor game crashes, and one time, I encounter two trainers, but only one walked up to me (incredibly minor).

Autobot N

The only glitches I really encountered (granted, I'm early into the game) are some minor game crashes, and one time, I encounter two trainers, but only one walked up to me (incredibly minor).
I've found a single glitch of Riley's overworld model disappearing right before I fought Team Galactic in Iron Island, but nothing else aside from that.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Just got my copy. Is it me or did they cut Rowan’s dialogue at the start? Or maybe I’m just not use to the fast engine of these games

Autobot N

I don't think I shared this before, but I find it funny that the Ramanas Park legendary exclusives in Diamond are in Pokemon Colosseum, and the ones in Pearl can be found in Pokemon XD.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here confused as to why Lugia and Ho Oh are version exclusives but Groudon/Kyogre and Latios/Latias aren't

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Meanwhile I'm sitting here confused as to why Lugia and Ho Oh are version exclusives but Groudon/Kyogre and Latios/Latias aren't
For Groudon and Kyogre, they are found in different areas of Ramanas Park, and it would be unusual to have one be there, but not the other.

With Latios/Latias, I don't really know. Maybe they wanted to take it easy on us.

Back to Groudon and Kyogre for a second: why is Groudon found in the sea region? Kyogre is in the lake, but that's part of the land, not the sea.

Autobot N

For Groudon and Kyogre, they are found in different areas of Ramanas Park, and it would be unusual to have one be there, but not the other.

With Latios/Latias, I don't really know. Maybe they wanted to take it easy on us.

Back to Groudon and Kyogre for a second: why is Groudon found in the sea region? Kyogre is in the lake, but that's part of the land, not the sea.
Maybe since Groudon was in the Seafloor Cavern in R/OR?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I encountered a glitch in that an NPC's Snovert used Ingrain and caused it to stop moving. Afterwards my turn would not begin, and I had to restart the game from my last save point.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So Feebas wasn't updated either? WTF is Masuda thinking? He didn't like making games that were too boring/complex for casuals but he insists on keeping tedious encounter methods like the Honey Trees, Feebas, and Spiritomb because "MUH NUSTAHLJUH!"?!! What a double standard he has.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Okay so definitely noticed some glitches early on. There was female in Floaroma town that randomly appeared and a lot of objects in this game looks somewhat kinda blurry.

Hey guys. I'm having a really weird glitch that causes the game to close due to error seemingly everytime a double battle is triggered while traveling with Buck. Has anyone else experienced this?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Hey guys. I'm having a really weird glitch that causes the game to close due to error seemingly everytime a double battle is triggered while traveling with Buck. Has anyone else experienced this?
I haven5 but I did encounter one where Riley disappears from view in the overworld but can still be seen in double battles.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
About a month & a half before release, I tried to preorder the double pack from Amazon, but they were out of stock. We ended up finding and preordering it from Target.

Fast-forward to a few days before release. We check, and discover that my preorder from Target got... cancelled, or dropped, or SOMETHING. Hastily we scoured the web, but the only place we could find to quickly preorder the double-pack was eBay. Still, it was supposed to come Saturday or Sunday.

It did not. Nor did it come Monday, or today.

While everyone on the entire internet is talking about the games, showing off their post-game teams and posting videos about how to catch certain end-game Legendaries or take on the E4 a second time, I haven't even gotten to play the games yet.

If it doesn't come in the mail tomorrow, I'm going to buy a copy of BD myself from Amazon, spend the $$$$$ for same-day / next-day delivery, and my uncle can just get a refund for the double-pack he preordered for me when it arrives in late December or whatever.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
About a month & a half before release, I tried to preorder the double pack from Amazon, but they were out of stock. We ended up finding and preordering it from Target.

Fast-forward to a few days before release. We check, and discover that my preorder from Target got... cancelled, or dropped, or SOMETHING. Hastily we scoured the web, but the only place we could find to quickly preorder the double-pack was eBay. Still, it was supposed to come Saturday or Sunday.

It did not. Nor did it come Monday, or today.

While everyone on the entire internet is talking about the games, showing off their post-game teams and posting videos about how to catch certain end-game Legendaries or take on the E4 a second time, I haven't even gotten to play the games yet.

If it doesn't come in the mail tomorrow, I'm going to buy a copy of BD myself from Amazon, spend the $$$$$ for same-day / next-day delivery, and my uncle can just get a refund for the double-pack he preordered for me when it arrives in late December or whatever.
Delivery services are extremely pressed right now, so things will be arriving slower than normal.

That being said, I have heard of a similar experience at Target in which someone I know pre-ordered a Skyward Sword HD amiibo and it was abruptly canceled before she could get there. Employees at Target are fully authorized to cancel pre-ordered items without the customer's knowledge. She suspected the employee there did this to ensure he or someone he knew got that amiibo, and I'll bet the same thing happened to you.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think I figured out the pattern of when remakes will be made and released. FRLG were created to solve the GBA not being able to connect to the original GB and GBC and pretty close to the 10th anniversary the original Red and Green in Japan and were two years early, HGSS came out to celebrate the ten5h anniversary of the original games’ release in Japan and a couple years before the 15th anniversary of the first Pokémon games being released in Japan, ORAS were released 12 years after the original games and a couple of years right before the 20th anniversary of the series, the Let’s Go games came out 20 years after Yellow and three years before the 25th anniversary of Pokémon, and BDSP released 15 years after the original games and during the 25th anniversary year of the series. So we should expect BW/BW2 remakes/reimaginings between 2023-2026.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I think I figured out the pattern of when remakes will be made and released. FRLG were created to solve the GBA not being able to connect to the original GB and GBC and pretty close to the 10th anniversary the original Red and Green in Japan and were two years early, HGSS came out to celebrate the ten5h anniversary of the original games’ release in Japan and a couple years before the 15th anniversary of the first Pokémon games being released in Japan, ORAS were released 12 years after the original games and a couple of years right before the 20th anniversary of the series, the Let’s Go games came out 20 years after Yellow and three years before the 25th anniversary of Pokémon, and BDSP released 15 years after the original games and during the 25th anniversary year of the series. So we should expect BW/BW2 remakes/reimaginings between 2023-2026.
Remakes r my fav Pokemon games <3
I LOVE BDSDP