• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I just noticed a few days ago that the theme song for the gym leaders and Elite 4 is the SAME ONE, just that the latter has more remix....
o.o

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I just noticed a few days ago that the theme song for the gym leaders and Elite 4 is the SAME ONE, just that the latter has more remix....
o.o
In the originals, the only difference was the pitch/key. I'm actually glad that they changed the arrangement quite a bit to distinguish the two.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Something someone I knew found out that I don't think has been pointed out here or anywhere else:

When you water Berry trees with the Sprayduck, you are actually watering two spaces at once. In most instances, at least. Knowing this should cut down on the time you spend watering your Berry trees.
This is how it works:
  1. If there are two spaces, watering either of them will cause the other one to be watered too.
  2. If there are four spaces, watering either of the ones on the left will water the other one on the left, and watering either of the ones on the right will water the other one on the right.
  3. If there is only one space, only that one will be watered, even if there are Berry spaces nearby.
You can test it for yourself by planting Berries in two adjacent spaces without watering them, or if there are four spaces, two on the left or two on the right. Then, water one of them, and you'll see the puddle show up on the other.

Note that once the plant sprouts, you will no longer see any puddles or dryness in the soil. You'll just have to remember what you've watered. But from my testing, they DO get watered anyway.

UPDATE: There are a few instances where this doesn't work. The right half of the patch immediately east of Pastoria City is one of them.

Last edited:

Trillion

I had more issues with his Lopunny.
yeah that was a bit of an issue too. high jump kick refuses to miss

it actually has decent defense stats too. i used one for the first time on this playthrough so i never knew until recently. my infernape is probably the only one that can one-shot it but i need to save it's close combat for later

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Flint was incredibly easy for me. Lopunny sustained quite a bit of damage from Infernape before killing itself from a failed High Jump Kick twice in a row, Steelix went down from Flame Wheel with increased damage from Power Up Punch, Infernape was taken out from my Infernape’s Acrobatics, Rapidash went down from Quagsire, and Drifblim went down from a Volt Switch from Luxray and then a Flame Charge from Houndoom and it couldn’t do anything to Houndoom because it has Flash Fire and was Flint’s final Pokémon.

ebevan91

yeah that was a bit of an issue too. high jump kick refuses to miss

it actually has decent defense stats too. i used one for the first time on this playthrough so i never knew until recently. my infernape is probably the only one that can one-shot it but i need to save it's close combat for later

My Medicham had HJK and it only ever missed once.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I literally had Cynthia's entire team destroyed (Milotic wasn't that bad imo) but the fact that Garchomp had Swords Dance and Poison Jab is sending me. Elite Four was pretty easy. Togekiss, Snorlax, Mamoswine, Empoleon, Honckrow, Pachirisu.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
After catching a Torchic and a Cyndaquil i really wonder about a unique problem. Why are the wild starters at huge levels like 60?

On one hand it's easier to unlock their final high level moves and won't be badly underleveled.... but on the other end you need a really absurd ammount to evolve them into their middle stages and third stages.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
After catching a Torchic and a Cyndaquil i really wonder about a unique problem. Why are the wild starters at huge levels like 60?

On one hand it's easier to unlock their final high level moves and won't be badly underleveled.... but on the other end you need a really absurd ammount to evolve them into their middle stages and third stages.
That's sadly a problem with locking certain encounters to the postgame that scale based on your team's level. At least you only need to gain two levels to reach their final stages.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I’m loving the game so far but why in the hell are the catch rates for ‘mons found in the Grand Underground so low? It took me 40 or so Ultra Balls to catch a paralyzed Aipom that was in low health. That’s ridiculous.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m loving the game so far but why in the hell are the catch rates for ‘mons found in the Grand Underground so low? It took me 40 or so Ultra Balls to catch a paralyzed Aipom that was in low health. That’s ridiculous.
It happened to me too. I wasted most of my money on trying to get a Pokemon.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Is the Grand Underground considered a "Cave"? Maybe Dusk Balls would work better there if that's the case?

I haven't been much to the underground, other than diving there to get the Lucky Egg.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Is the Grand Underground considered a "Cave"? Maybe Dusk Balls would work better there if that's the case?

I haven't been much to the underground, other than diving there to get the Lucky Egg.
It is considered a cave. Dusk Balls work great.