• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Personally, I was either hoping for one of three things: Finally being able to catch Victini in Sword and Shield, having the rest of the currently missing Pokémon from Gen 8 being added into Sword and Shield or finally having Pokémon Home compatibility between BDSP, PLA and Sword/Shield.
Pokémon Day is still 5 (or 4 depending on your location) days away. There’s plenty of time for them to make that sort or announcement. I would expect something of that magnitude would land itself to being stated directly on Pokémon Day.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oak’s Letter’s getting distributed soon.

ShadowForce720

Oak’s Letter’s getting distributed soon.
Yep, so now we just need the Darkrai and Arceus events for the game. Also we still don’t have any news or updates on when the Pokémon Home Capability is coming to BDSP and LA.

Maybe will get information on the Darkrai event for BDSP when the Shaymin event ends.

DKN117

Legend Tamer

DKN117

Legend Tamer
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/t2pgfk
Yes, I'm pissed off about this and will not stop shouting about it.

In my BD, I bred a bunch of mons (Gen-I/II/III starts, Turtwig & Chimchar, Scyther, etc.) for the express purpose of HOME-ing over to my SP to help in my playthrough there (just like I did with Moon, Ultra Moon, and Shield), and in my SP I went only as far as beating the 1st Gym and getting all the Mystery Gift limited-time stuff, and then stopped playing with the intent on resuming once I can transfer those prepared 'mons over.

At this rate, my SP is going to sit there unplayed, forever and ever

Golden_Arcanine

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/t2pgfk
Yes, I'm pissed off about this and will not stop shouting about it.

In my BD, I bred a bunch of mons (Gen-I/II/III starts, Turtwig & Chimchar, Scyther, etc.) for the express purpose of HOME-ing over to my SP to help in my playthrough there (just like I did with Moon, Ultra Moon, and Shield), and in my SP I went only as far as beating the 1st Gym and getting all the Mystery Gift limited-time stuff, and then stopped playing with the intent on resuming once I can transfer those prepared 'mons over.

At this rate, my SP is going to sit there unplayed, forever and ever
If you need help moving Pokemon from your BD copy to your SP copy, I'm more then happy to help. Send me a PM.

DKN117

Legend Tamer
If you need help moving Pokemon from your BD copy to your SP copy, I'm more then happy to help. Send me a PM.

It probably won't be today, but I guess when I have time I'll
1. Check my BD, see how many I have that I want to send over
2. catch however many random Bidoofs and Starlys I need in SP
3. Work with you to trade the "team" from BD in exchange for random-mons, then switch to SP and trade the spare-mons for them

Like I said, though, I got too much going on right now. If we haven't heard anything by, like, March 1st or 2nd, I'll PM you about this...

I hate that this convoluted mess is necessary...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
When do you think we will get Home compatibility for BDSP & Legends? You’d think they’d release it today but I’m hoping they won’t release it right before Scarlet & Violet come out, either that or we just give up hope on Home connectivity entirely.

I just feel bitter because it’s the one thing I wanted to see in the Pokémon Presents, & we didn’t even get a release date. I have a Porygon2 from Sword & an Electivire from my first Soul Silver team that I want to add to my BD team before I beat the game for sentimental reasons. I’m reaching a point in my platythrough where I can’t do anything I originally planned for months without Home connectivity, but at this rate I don’t think that’s going to be possible

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

When do you think we will get Home compatibility for BDSP & Legends? You’d think they’d release it today but I’m hoping they won’t release it right before Scarlet & Violet come out, either that or we just give up hope on Home connectivity entirely.

I just feel bitter because it’s the one thing I wanted to see in the Pokémon Presents, & we didn’t even get a release date. I have an Electivire from my first Soul Silver team that I want to add to my BD team before I beat the game for sentimental reasons, but at this rate I don’t think that’s going to be possible
It’s safe to say that we are getting Pokémon Home Connectivity to BDSP & LA because they would never have said that they would be compatible with Home if it was something that wasn’t going to happen.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Since they released Oak’s Letter I’m hoping they release the Member Card… and hopefully the Azure Flute between now and November.

ShadowForce720

Since they released Oak’s Letter I’m hoping they release the Member Card… and hopefully the Azure Flute between now and November.
I’m thinking that they might release the Member Card in April and the Azure Flute in May that way they can tide people over until we get more Scarlet and Violet news and then they can just focus on the new gen 9 games after that.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Does anyone remember how to get to route 224 to obtain Shaymin? I forgot…

DKN117

Legend Tamer
So, I've heard a horrible theory: Because of the rampant Pokemon cloning/duplicating going on, GameFreak / ICLRUAwhatever-the-acronym-is might decide to never implement BDSP/HOME compatibility.

(Also, Golden Arcanine: I'm going to get to work today on prepping to take you up on that offer, hopefully ready to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, will PM you with details)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So, I've heard a horrible theory: Because of the rampant Pokemon cloning/duplicating going on, GameFreak / ICLRUAwhatever-the-acronym-is might decide to never implement BDSP/HOME compatibility.

(Also, Golden Arcanine: I'm going to get to work today on prepping to take you up on that offer, hopefully ready to get it done tomorrow or Wednesday, will PM you with details)
Wait, seriously?! That’s completely unfair to those of us who never even used the glitches.

Where did you hear this?!

Autobot N

Wait, seriously?! That’s completely unfair to those of us who never even used the glitches.

The key word here is theory. There is no official indication that they won't be bringing Home to BDSP, and cloning/duplication sounds like an unreasonably spiteful reason not to do so.

BCVM22

Nothing suggests this, at all, and I would think twice about whether you should ever again take seriously whomever put this forward. Needless sensationalism with zero basis, for the sole purpose of attention.

You shouldn't put any stock in this.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

There is no truth to this. Move on people.