• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Speculation/Discussion Thread!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
That's just your opinion. In my opinion, BDSP is better than ORAS, mainly because ORAS removed a lot of things.

ORAS doesn't have Gym Leader Rematches, BDSP does.
ORAS didn't keep the Safari Zone game, BDSP did keep it.
ORAS removed the Berry Blending minigame, BDSP kept the Poffin making minigame.
ORAS didn't include Trainer Customization, BDSP did (although limited).

These are some of the reasons why I think BDSP is better. Also, BDSP's Battle Tower has a much better AI.

Again, it's a matter of opinion.
Actually I liked having the Safari Zone have no entry fee or step limits. The step limitations in the Safari Zone always annoyed me.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Actually I liked having the Safari Zone have no entry fee or step limits. The step limitations in the Safari Zone always annoyed me.
Yes but they didn't just remove the entry fee and step limit, they also removed the Safari game (throwing mud, bait, etc) itself. That's what bothers me, personally. The Safari Zone became just a regular route.

Autobot N

The Safari game was the worst part of the Zone, that's one of the reasons I like ORAS better. And I typically don't customize my trainer beyond the default so it isn't really a factor for me

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I suppose that's why I said, it's all a matter of personal opinions. To each their own.

Kaede45

Every Pokémon game is a cash grab. Every piece of entertainment is a cash grab. It is a business. The goal is to make money. Earlier Pokémon games, including Diamond and Pearl, were not labors of love. Their goal was also to make money. If you're tired of spending your money on games, then don't spend your money on games.

Brilliant Diamond and Shimmering Pearl were very fun and very charming games and I enjoyed playing them for many, many, many hours including more than a few all-nighters, but it was evident from release that at no point were they going to be the competitive standard or be supported with much/any DLC, especially not with Legends coming hot on their heels and even more so with Generation VIII ending with Legends. I'm sorry if any of this was a "suspicion" and not evident before now.
Ok, that first part is insulting! Am I not allowed to call BS when I see it? Am I just supposed to be ok with an inferior product when I know it has the potential to be the next big thing? You’re basically telling me that if I don’t like it then I should leave, which is highly insulting! I don’t know how long you’ve been a fan of Pokémon & I won’t assume as much, but I was there when Pokémon first came to the US! I followed it with an unhealthy obsession in my younger years & have stuck by it even during some of their more questionable decisions. However, gen 8 has been quite difficult to watch, like watching a dear friend make a series of progressively worse decisions, but because it hasn’t killed them or bankrupted them yet they’ll just keep going until it does!

Second, I never said that I hated BDSP, nor that anyone who likes it is wrong! I enjoyed BDSP for what it was & I can see why others like it, but it irks me that the game is priced at $60 dollars, the same price as SwSh, but has less than those games, which themselves have less than previous mainline titles! If BDSP was sold for $30 or $40 I’d be more ok with them not getting the support they deserve as those prices would be fair for spin-off titles, but the games cost just as much as “the competitive standard” games whilst getting less support! As it stands, the price of BDSP lied by making me believe that they were going to support & improve the game post launch & not that it was just a small project to be supplanted by the next game in a couple months! If this is how Pokémon is going to be handled from now on then I won’t be surprised if an Indy developer or other company comes along with their own version of Pokémon & dethrones them! Worst of all, it hurts to say all of this because I have been a long time Pokémon fan & wanting to find an alternative feels like a betrayal, but I can’t sit back & watch as this once beloved franchise throws itself off a cliff!

I got very ranty there & I apologize if I offended anyone, but being essentially told “if you don’t like it then get out” offended me, so I felt the need to respond. I’m not gonna say that everyone needs to have the same opinion as me, but if we just accept everything companies like Nintendo, Game Freak, etc. without questioning any of their decisions, then they’re likely to just keep making the same divisive decisions & simply rest on their laurels.

That’s all for now, I hope you all have a wonderful day & God bless!