• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bring back kingler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep05

master of disaster
a pokemon well acknowledged to be very powerful, yet since the original kanto league, it has not been used once! despite the fact that during kantos indigo plateau league, kingler put up one hell of a fight and is arguably ashes most underused pokemon as well as arguably being his most powerful, certainly the most powerful water type (squirtle, totodile, corphish, buizel, oshawott) notice that all of these ones are basic whilst kingler is the only evolved water type. i think its sounds very reasonable to at least request that kingler get more action in the regional leagues. no other pokemon of ashes deserves as much action as kingler, and they have about 14 years to make up for (probably 17-18 by the time the unova league comes).

BRING BACK KINGLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Not this again.

No way a pokemon is coming back after 4 regions. Kingler was shown in the Sinnoh League, now he will go die a slow painful death at Oaks Lab.

joep05

master of disaster
old pokemon get some action at the regional leagues bar hoenn, all except kingler. and wouldnt it be nice to see some old ones once in a while, not constantly but a few times a season perhaps?

joep05

master of disaster
and i dont write threads and write in threads to determine how old they are or whether they belong here or not. with respect I DONT GIVE A F***!

write about the thread, not whether it belongs here jesus, if you dont like it, dont comment, simple, its not going to stop people from doing it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
If anything Totodile should return. It got only one single win in leagues while Kingler got much more in Indigo league.

joep05

master of disaster
and i dont write threads and write in threads to determine how old they are or whether they belong here or not. with respect I DONT GIVE A F***!

write about the thread, not whether it belongs here jesus, if you dont like it, dont comment, simple, its not going to stop people from doing it.

joep05

master of disaster
If anything Totodile should return. It got only one single win in leagues while Kingler got much more in Indigo league.

totodile should get some more action too, it was underused in the johto gym battles and NEVER defeated a single johto gym leaders pokemon. totodile needs to evolve, especially now that after cyndaquils recent evolution, totodile is now ashes only johto starter to remain in its basic form, it never really did anything other than water gun either.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The way your title is, your just nagging. We can't bring it back. The writers will probably never see this. People are seriously obsessed with the old. It's grown tiresome already.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Out of Ash's all other Pokemon, Kingler is nothing special.

I don't see the point of your petition-esque thread.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
Kingler is special it evo after one battle and took down 3 pokemon in a row if thats not special I don't know what is.

It's a tragedy that a pokemon with little or no experiance that defeated 3 at the time fully-evolved pokemon has never been used since. It may be used in the league. Or it may join Muk and Glalie as powerfull pokemon that were used in a few battles and have not been used since. *Muk is undefeated. Glalie has only been KO'd twice in Ash' battles against Katie and Tyson*

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Personally i always liked Kingler. I would like to see it coming back but the chances of it happening are extremely low unless it is either used in a water tournament, Isshun league or if the writers finally realize that Ash should switch Pokemon every now and then and not stick with those 5 that caught in this or that region.

IMO, Kingler is not the strongest water type he has ever owned. Maybe the strongest he owns at the moment, but Lapras was by far the best.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I agree with joep for bringing back Kingler, but these posts won't really help him back. The writers will do what they want, and will bring back the poke'mon they think is supposed to be there, ignoring the audience demand.

BCVM22

There is no audience demand to be ignored. You really think the kids of today, to whom the franchise will always belong regardless of when "today" is, are "demanding" to see the return of a Pokémon that hasn't made an appearance beyond the occasional cameo in nearly a decade?

Random schmoes on the Internet who have no say in anything - which we all are - do not constitute "audience demand" or anything else worth listening to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.