• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bringing in Readers

Diddy

Renegade
That's a little cynical. Maybe not completely wrong, but I'd like to think that people are able to judge a fic more than it just being something in vogue. If it's well written and tells a good story, then I think that it has a good chance of at least gaining some steam. It may not be earth-shattering, but it certainly can pick up reviewers and followers if it updates frequently and is of a high quality.

Hell yeah it's cynical, that was the entire point of my post.

I've been immersed in fanfiction community for more than seven years now and I've seen more than enough to back up my claim. I have of course seen lots of awesomely written fics get bandwagons and I've been there to congratulhate them for their success. Portmanteau's ftw. I've also seen more than my fair share of awesomely written fics get left by the wayside for no raisin.

I just think that at the end of the day, would you rather be remembered for being popular, or being good?

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Hell yeah it's cynical, that was the entire point of my post.

I've been immersed in fanfiction community for more than seven years now and I've seen more than enough to back up my claim. I have of course seen lots of awesomely written fics get bandwagons and I've been there to congratulhate them for their success. Portmanteau's ftw. I've also seen more than my fair share of awesomely written fics get left by the wayside for no raisin.

I just think that at the end of the day, would you rather be remembered for being popular, or being good?

Yeah, I pretty much second Diddy's points. Popular doesn't necessarily mean good, and good doesn't necessarily mean popular.

Banners advertising fics and being active in the community aren't guaranteed ways to get reviews, but they can at least help.