• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brisingr: Book 3 of the Inheritance cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
I never really liked his books; it's all so bland. I'm fond of the sword-and-sorcery thing if it's done right, but he's somehow made flying on the back of a bigass dragon seem boring.

Meh. I've read the first two books, and am rereading Eragon again. I don't care that much, so I'll probably read this one. They're not bad nor good...but I'll read it just for the heck of it. It's not like that many good books come out nowadays anyways. I mean, take a look at Harry Potter. Crappp.

qwerqwer

i make it a point to at least try and finish any series i start. i went to great lengths to finish cirque du freak after i read the first four years ago. read the rest three months ago
i didn't mentions this but paolini looked unnecessarily smug in the video

trapezechimpanz

What, you mean they're good, but they're ALSO forgettable and boring? That makes LOADS of sense. >.>;

It makes perfect sense. I'm saying that there were good. Eragon being better than Eldest. They have a good storyline that is somewhat Lord of the Rings, meets Dragon Rider, meets Harry Potter. The only problem is the person that happened to come up with the storyline. He makes them boring.

And trust me, in a few years these will be the books that everyone won't remember. A book on a shelf gathering dust, and everyone is saying "Eragon who?"

pokefan

It makes perfect sense. I'm saying that there were good. Eragon being better than Eldest. They have a good storyline that is somewhat Lord of the Rings, meets Dragon Rider, meets Harry Potter. The only problem is the person that happened to come up with the storyline. He makes them boring.

And trust me, in a few years these will be the books that everyone won't remember. A book on a shelf gathering dust, and everyone is saying "Eragon who?"

the story of the first two books so far is almost just a medieval version of star wars

Azure Wolf

I'm truly looking forward for it, I think Eldest wasn't very good compared to Eragon but still I think this one will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.