• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Brisingr: Book 3 of the Inheritance cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerqwer

Many of you may read the Eragon books. a few months back, Paolini said that it was no longer a trilogy since the third book was too long. well, now on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Brisingr-Inheritance-Book-Christopher-Paolini/dp/0375826726/ref=pd_bbs_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200615104&sr=8-4, i saw that the title was announced and it's coming out on Sept. 22 2008. There was also a video showing Paolini basically saying how he needed to change the books into four parts and also about his third book. He did got give any plot details yet he makes life miserable for his fans. why?

he said that he needed to find a good place to leave off in the third book. since he basically ended the first book with the death of a major character, he said that he decided to end the the third book with the death of a major character. My first thought was "you son of a b*tch!" well no, it wasn't a thought, i screamed it out loud.
so technically, my first was "how can you do that?!!?"
my second was how miserable it would be to wait for the third knowing what will happen yet wondering who will die and how it would suck to have such a major cliffhanger.

what are your thoughts? or do you just don't care about this series?

pokefan

doesn't the title mean fire in the language in the books?

i read the first one and attempted to read the second but the second one is very very boring and i was reading it for a couple months and only about halfway through then eventualy just stopped reading altogether(i finished the first in about a week , my reading speed is determined by how much i like and am intersted in the book ) . i'm gonna buy this book when it comes out and eventually try to reread eldest then read the new one

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Well he took his time didn't he? Sheesh. I'm looking forward to it, but in my opinion Eldest was a little weird to be honest. Eragon was the best, but I'm still deathly looking forward to this book :D.

trapezechimpanz

Finally! He took way to long to write this book, I had even forgotten about it. The dumb thing about it is, now that he's done we get to wait another 3 1/2 years for his next book. All because this stupid guy cahnged it to a cycle.

Seriously, I loved Eragon. Eldest was okay, but way too long. This one I am not excited about at all - yeah, I'll still maybe read it though. I've really lost all interest in the cycle all ready. His books are good but very forgetable and boring.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
What, you mean they're good, but they're ALSO forgettable and boring? That makes LOADS of sense. >.>;
Eragon was horrible, Eldest was ten times as horrible as Eragon, and Brisingr will be more horrible, still. I dread to think how horrible the fourth book in the series will be.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
he said that he needed to find a good place to leave off in the third book. since he basically ended the first book with the death of a major character, he said that he decided to end the the third book with the death of a major character. My first thought was "you son of a b*tch!" well no, it wasn't a thought, i screamed it out loud.
my second was how miserable it would be to wait for the third knowing what will happen yet wondering who will die and how it would suck to have such a major cliffhanger.
Because he's a hack who can't write and has to resort to bullshit like that.
Shitsux.

Nayana

It's a suit! *_*

I'm kind of disappointed that he revealed that he was killing someone off. Now I'm just going to sit though the book going "oh, I know how it's going to end. Someone dies. Oh joy." It takes a lot of fun out of the book, really. I didn't want to know anything about the end. >_>;

I also wished he would've named it something a little more conventional and something I could actually pronounce. Maybe that's just me, though.
Because he's a hack who can't write and has to resort to bullshit like that.

Your censor bypass fails. [size=2] ftw.

But yeah... I was hoping that he might've improved over this time, but if he does something like this, I think that crushes those dreams. D: Ah, well.
At this point, there really isn't a need for him to improve, is there? He has enough fans to actually make money off of the books... why take the time, hm?

I'm now curious to see if he killed off this person for the hell of it or if their death will actually mean something to the series.

YAY!!! I can get it! My birthday's the 21st of September!

Ha, that was what I was thinking, too. My birthday's also the 21st. o_O That won't be on my birthday list, though.

I'll at least read it, although I'm not sure if I'll buy it or borrow it from someone. The last time I read the cycle, it was before I read about how bad his writing was, and I'm not the best judge of good writing (or I wasn't then, I hope I've improved)... we'll see what happens. XD;; I'd like to form my own opinion on it.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
For the record, killing off characters does not mean that it's a bad writing choice. More often than naught when characters aren't killed off it's a cheap way to get around for rousing anger from the audience, and so generally good writers don't skip over the fact that people die in real life.

But in Paolini's case...

qwerqwer

doesn't the title mean fire in the language in the books?

i read the first one and attempted to read the second but the second one is very very boring and i was reading it for a couple months and only about halfway through then eventualy just stopped reading altogether(i finished the first in about a week , my reading speed is determined by how much i like and am intersted in the book ) . i'm gonna buy this book when it comes out and eventually try to reread eldest then read the new one

it's fire in Scandinavian too
yeah the second was a bit boring and i ended up only reading the parts about roran.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Eragon was fine, tolerable at best, but Eldest just felt monotonous to me. It was really only worth reading for the end. I could have just skipped to the last chapter and understand what happened and be done with it.

Unfortunately I'll read it just because I'll need to finish it.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
What, you mean they're good, but they're ALSO forgettable and boring? That makes LOADS of sense. >.>;
Eragon was horrible, Eldest was ten times as horrible as Eragon, and Brisingr will be more horrible, still. I dread to think how horrible the fourth book in the series will be.
honestly, who really cares? Paolini can't write for crap.
True that, you guys say it like it is. Those books suck. The author graduates high school early and he writes a swords and sorcery book?? What a nerd.

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
first off, I agree that his writing is a bit predictable and annoying. I pretty much had to mentally prepare myself for an hour before picking up Eldest to continue reading. The Roran parts killed me... When Eragon met back up with him, they should have just had a 2-3 page recap on what happened to him. I did not give a **** for him whatsoever...

To the above poster...

Sorry to break it to you, but Science-Fiction and Fantasy are the only good book genres....

And any pokemon fan cannot accuse anyone else of being a nerd, and diss fantasy. Pokemon isn't non-fiction, I hope you know that...

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
first off, I agree that his writing is a bit predictable and annoying. I pretty much had to mentally prepare myself for an hour before picking up Eldest to continue reading. The Roran parts killed me... When Eragon met back up with him, they should have just had a 2-3 page recap on what happened to him. I did not give a **** for him whatsoever...

To the above poster...

Sorry to break it to you, but Science-Fiction and Fantasy are the only good book genres....

And any pokemon fan cannot accuse anyone else of being a nerd, and diss fantasy. Pokemon isn't non-fiction, I hope you know that...

I don't hate fantasy, just that sword and sorcery stuff.

Valkyrie X

So much for the Inheritance "trilogy." :/

I really enjoyed Eragon back when it first came out, but Eldest was...eh. I wished Roran would just die. ._. His parts were absolutely unbearable to read. >_> The entire book took me, like, six months to finish, simply because I couldn't bring myself to pick it up. The single truly pleasurable part in it was the ending...But seriously, I can't stand it when you have to stay awake through 600 pages just to reach an exciting close. Doesn't help that Paolini's writing style is utterly painful to read.

I'm just reading the books to see what happens. Better start preparing for another marathon of surviving through 800 more boringass pages. .-.

qwerqwer

i loved the roran parts. Eragon is an arrogant /b/tard (sorry for the 4chan reference)
i hate how the elves act so high and mighty with that weird greeting every time they speak.

Gweedo

Skarmory Rider
I'm not complaining. I'm just surprised that he continued the books after the terrible reviews to the movie. But I'm excited for the book to come out, have to buy it. The cover art is amazing as always though.

HK

Radiance of Shadows

... What the hell do you read?

Manaphyman

Up all night
Finally is right. I was completely let down by Eldest. Honestly, I even considered to abandon the series.

Now hes made it into four books, and has a character die in between? I may just stop reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.