• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Britain earthquake

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
I caught the end of it. I saw my wardrobe doors opening and closing and wondered what was happening. Then my dad came in and said there'd just been an earthquake. Then I fell asleep again. I was tired.

Vixtro

I woke up a few times in the night and I'm pretty sure I was awake during the time of the quake (just before 2am) but I didn't feel anything.

Guess I live too far south.

AmazingChi

Volcanic Rage
I immediately thought. "Oh great my house is collapsing". I didnt attribute that to an earthquake. My house is on a slant anyway so i thought the foundations had simply crumbled or something (I think i should mention my house was in fact left intact).

The oddest thing was, i opened my curtains for no apparent reason. Perhaps to get a better view of my house falling down (which it didn't).

Death dealer

Pavane of Slaanesh
I slept through it, as did quite a few people here by the looks of it. I suppose late night forum browsing does that sort of thing to you.

Cobalt_Latios

How very dangerous. You all should move to California. No such events occur over here
Oh really? I don't live anywhere near there, but I do know that California does on occasion have Earthquakes. Not as often as before, but still.

Hell, move to Canada. NOTHING bad ever happens up here.

~C_L~

Nny

Yeah, about that...
How very dangerous. You all should move to California. No such events occur over here
Of course and enjoy someday having Cali flooded by giant waves, crushing all you puny humans and the Terminator.

Arnold: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *STARTS TO EXPLODE, HAVING WATER IN HIS CIRCUITS*

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I don't really like talking about natural distasters much (Makes me a bit I dunno, nervous I guess) but isn't Califorina supposed to be overdue for a massive EQ or it that just in the books and TV? (Where I heard it mentioned)..I hope it doesn't hit LA if so (Only because my fav actress lives there...aleast I think she still does lol, unlike some obsessed fans I don't watch 24/7 to see where my fav celeb goes).

I hope nobody was hurt in the Britian EQ, I doubt we felt that since Australia is like on the side of the world.

Trillian

The hoopy frood
Oh really? I don't live anywhere near there, but I do know that California does on occasion have Earthquakes. Not as often as before, but still.

Hell, move to Canada. NOTHING bad ever happens up here.

~C_L~

*Puts on nerdy specs*

Actually, I distinctly remember - according to one of our exam papers - Canada having one of the highest-measured quakes on the Richter Scale in either the 80's or the 90's. Canada is likely to get the worse earthquakes because they occur so infrequently, whereas small, frequent earthquakes are much less harmful and much less likely to pose a threat of larger earthquakes to the country.

*Is done with nerdy specs*

See? And they say you learn nothing at school these days!

Ben Kenobi

I was awake at the time but I didn't notice anything as I live quite a distance away from the epicentre. Both my birds went frantic, but I thought nothing of it until my mother came down a few minutes later and showed me the news.

Well at least there were no serious injuries from this one.

bugman03

I missed it! I go away on a gap year trip for just 4 months and my own country has the bigest erathquake for 25 years without me! Oh Blighty how could you?

Angel-FoX-crescent

Moon Fennec Angel
I felt it was about to go to bed when a rumble started before every thing in my room was shaking "Holy god whats that?!" lasted 10 seconds before I went to the window thinking was it a tornado as we have strong winds up the hills.
XD it was pretty funny that it turned out to be hot talk at uni.