• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Britney Spears (Coz' she deserves a thread)~

Status
Not open for further replies.

KetchupO

tωisted
The Britney Spears Thread

Just thought she deserved a thread here ^^ hehe

http://i37.*******.com/mmvhht.jpg

THE BRITNEY THREAD: Updated with the latest Britney news!​

First Single "Womanizer" Is Slated To Hit Radio On September 22nd

Jive/Zomba recording artist Britney Spears announces her sixth studio album, Circus, set for release December 2nd. The first single from the album is titled "Womanizer" and was produced by the up-and-coming Atlanta production team The Outsyders. The album release date coincides with Spears' birthday.

On the heels of an MTV VMA awards sweep, where Britney walked away with three Moonmen awards for "Video of the Year," "Best Female" and "Best Pop Video" for "Piece of Me," Jive Records is preparing her latest album, Circus, a follow-up to her critically well received album, Blackout. For her latest effort, Britney has enlisted a stellar group of established producers/writers that include Dr. Luke (who wrote and produced the album's title track, "Circus"), Danja, Max Martin, Bloodshy & Avant and Guy Sigsworth (Madonna, Alanis Morissette, Bjork).

Britney Spears is one of the top-selling artists of the last decade, and to date, she has sold in excess of 62 million albums worldwide that include Baby One More Time (1999), Oops!...I Did It Again (2000), Britney (2001), In The Zone (2003), and Blackout (2007), eight #1 worldwide singles and four consecutive #1 albums.

Source: Jive/Zomba +

*News
OFFICIAL 'CIRCUS' RELEASE DATES:
USA: December 2nd
UK: December 1st
Germany and other European countries: November 28th
Australia: November 29th

*News
A new clip has leaked of a song called 'Candy From Strangers'
This is FAKE. I repeat FAKE. Listen +

*Official list of producers for the new album;

* Dr. Luke [Jive Press Release]

* Max Martin [Jive Press Release]

* Jonathan JR Rotem [People.com, various]

* Sean Garrett [People.com, various]

* Guy Sigsworth [Jive press release]

* Danja [Jive press release]

* Jim Beanz [Access Hollywood, various]

* Darkchild [Rap-up.com, various]

* Kara Dioguardi [Karadioguardi.com]

* Taio Cruz [Producer's Myspace]

* Britney Spears [Access Hollywood]

* Fredwreck [Myspace]

* Bryan-Michael Cox [Live Chat]

* Babyface [E!'s Daily 10]

* Bloodshy & Avant [Jive Press Release]

* Lady GaGa [Interview]

* Keri Hilson [MTV, Various]

* Fernando Garibay [Official Site]

* The Runawayz [pulse music board]

* Pharell Williams [Sunday Mail]

* The Underdogs [OK Magazine, Britney herself]

*Confirmed song titles;

* Quicksand [Produced by Fernando Garibay]

* Amnesia [Produced by Fernando Garibay]

* My Baby [Written by Britney Spears]

* Womanizer [Produced by The Outsyders]

* Circus [Produced by Dr. Luke]

*Live in the UK? Pre-Order 'Circus' +

*Latest sighting:
Britney heading to the dance studio SEP 16 +

How do you think she went at the VMA's this year?

An amazing improvement since last years much publicized 'disaster performance'. I think it's amazing how she turned her life around so fast~<3 It's a shame that her last album wasn't promoted as it was a really well produced album. I can't wait to see what this new one will bring as she's more focused now and things are back to the way they were~

At 08 vma's
Rehearsal Vid

[No Haters Plz]

Last edited:

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Ketchup you may be mad, but I dont think she *deserved* the awards. She didn't deserve the pick-me-up, she needed it. I like her too, I'm excited for "Womanizer" and whats the other one "Manniquen" (more excited for this)?

She may have her career back, but I found her more charming on How I met your Mother and other small, more earned respected gigs.

Its evident, Spears is back but will she get a hold of herself and the fame, we'll have to see.^^

KetchupO

tωisted
Back with official 'Circus' release dates : D

USA:
December 2nd
UK: December 1st
Germany and other European countries: November 28th
Australia: November 29th

I can't wait!!

I'm excited for "Womanizer" and whats the other one "Mannequin" (more excited for this)?
Oh yes! The song from the rehearsal video ^^
Well, we actually don't know yet. 'Mannequin' may actually be 'Womanizer'! :p
We'll just have to wait & see I guess!

See rehearsal vid +

I wonder what the theme of the album will be. Her past albums never really followed a specific theme, so I'm very excited to see what's planned for this one ^^
I can imagine the album cover, Britney in some sort of cage xD

Its evident, Spears is back but will she get a hold of herself and the fame, we'll have to see.^^
She never lost the fame~
Her last album had no promotion & still sold better than Madonna's 'Hard Candy' which was promoted like hell O_O
'Gimme More' was her biggest hit since '...Baby One More Time' & 'Piece Of Me' won Brit her first three VMA's after more than 16 nominations for her past vids. She totally deserved those awards for all the sh!t MTV did to her. :S Seriously.
'Toxic' & 'Stronger' Didn't win awards? Pffft.
The VMA's are nothing without Britney :p They've admitted it themselves. That's why they milk her for all she's worth every year. -__-

encas

Come to me...
I am not a fan of Britney Spears whatsoever. But I also have to agree that the way she turned around her career after the personal cruft she had been through is quite impressive, to say the least. Not to mention how quickly the turn-around happened, as well.

She also looked much better at the '08 VMA's than at her infamous "Gimme More" performance. Britney actually looks more polished and glamorous and less...chubby

Last edited:

pokemonn

I think Britney Spears is great and she has made a really good come back, GO BRITNEY

Orihime

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
chris-crocker.jpg

Nidogod

It's beyond me how she managed to keep people caring about her after all these years. She might be the longest lived pop star of the moment. All those trainwreck moments were what did it, I think. When people stopped caring about her career they cared about her downward spiral of a life. When they got sick of that it was a perfect time to care about a comeback. Genius.

KetchupO

tωisted
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
Yer....um no. Get over it & don't spam up my thread.

She might be the longest lived pop star of the moment.
No, that's Madonna.

All those trainwreck moments were what did it, I think. When people stopped caring about her career they cared about her downward spiral of a life. When they got sick of that it was a perfect time to care about a comeback. Genius.
What come back?
Get it through your skull that she never left.
Blackout (her latest album) has sold 894,000 copies in the United States up to September 2008 and all the singles have been very successful. :)

NEWS:

A new clip has leaked of a song called 'Candy From Strangers'
This is FAKE. I repeat FAKE. Listen +

Official list of producers for the new album;

* Dr. Luke [Jive Press Release]

* Max Martin [Jive Press Release]

* Jonathan JR Rotem [People.com, various]

* Sean Garrett [People.com, various]

* Guy Sigsworth [Jive press release]

* Danja [Jive press release]

* Jim Beanz [Access Hollywood, various]

* Darkchild [Rap-up.com, various]

* Kara Dioguardi [Karadioguardi.com]

* Taio Cruz [Producer's Myspace]

* Britney Spears [Access Hollywood]

* Fredwreck [Myspace]

* Bryan-Michael Cox [Live Chat]

* Babyface [E!'s Daily 10]

* Bloodshy & Avant [Jive Press Release]

* Lady GaGa [Interview]

* Keri Hilson [MTV, Various]

* Fernando Garibay [Official Site]

* The Runawayz [pulse music board]

* Pharell Williams [Sunday Mail]

* The Underdogs [OK Magazine, Britney herself]

Confirmed song titles;

* Quicksand [Produced by Fernando Garibay]

* Amnesia [Produced by Fernando Garibay]

* My Baby [Written by Britney Spears]

* Womanizer [Produced by The Outsyders]

* Circus [Produced by Dr. Luke]

Latest sighting:
Britney heading to the dance studio SEP 16 +

Live in the UK? Pre-Order 'Circus'
+

Bring you news as it comes :)

Last edited:

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Though I abhor her music, I do want to stop by to say that the turnaround Britney has made is commendable. The media gave her all kinds of shit, and she somehow was able to turn her life around anyway. I doubt I would be able to do that; paparazzi and the media were tracking everything she did. It must have been hard, to say the least.

Again, though I do not like her music at all, she has probably made one of the biggest life-turnarounds of the decade.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Just so you know, you're not going to get much Britney Spears sympathy on a board like this one...

Though I must agree with everyone else; I commend her on her turnaround.

Let's hope she can keep it that way.

KetchupO

tωisted
*News:

NY’s Z100 morning show did the entertainment news the other day about "Circus". Their head DJ Elvis Duran said he already heard "Womanizer" over the weekend. He said he likes it. He said he didn’t realize who it was at first, the he found out it was Britney and he was like.."eh". He then said he was kidding and that the song is pretty good.

Elvis said they’ll play it next week and see what people think. Z100 has premiered Britney songs earlier than scheduled in the past so let’s see.

Just something mini :)
He didn't realize it was her at first, so it must be a new sound! : D
Can't wait~
Just so you know, you're not going to get much Britney Spears sympathy on a board like this one...
Not here for sympathy ; )
Just to inform~
She never should have divorced Kevin Federline. Ho.
Your mum should have had that abortion she was considering before she had you.

<3

Pkmn_Collector

Go Go Power Rangers
i gotta say after all those things going around with her life i'm shocked she was able to change and get back to her roots.i mean dealing with the media every single day and have all these crap being talked about u its just wow how she did it

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
The only instrument that talentless bimbo can play well is the meatflute. It's sad that people can get ahead in the music industry just because they look good (or in Britney's case, looked good).

Her music is about as good as Paris Hilton's or Miley Cyrus'. It's not.

This is why you're awesome.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!

YOU'RE LUCKY SHE EVEN PERFORMED FOR YOU BASTA*DS!

Your mum should have had that abortion she was considering before she had you.

Someone get help! Crypto's been burned!

I think Britney Spears is a bit dumb and her music is absolutely revolting

Fixed for ya.

This has been a community service announcement.

KetchupO

tωisted
I think Britney Spears is a bit dumb but music is ok
Because you know her personally right? -__- No.

*NEWS:
The official CD single for 'Womanizer' will be on sale November 3rd.

: )

KetchupO

tωisted
You don't have to.

Try again son.
Stop spamming.

And if you don't appreciate this woman's influence on pop culture, why even bother posting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.